1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HOWTO] Flash a Stock ZUI ROM (ZUK Z2 Pro Z2121 only!)

Discussion in 'ZUK Z2 Pro' started by m_atze, Jul 9, 2016.

1. BenjieB

BenjieB Member

Other then root, unlocked bootloader or modified recovery often prevent OTA

If you are into rooting your phone, leave it rooted and wait for the flashable rom to be available in order to upgrade with the SDfuse method. That's what I will do ;)

But other then that, are you saying there is an OTA to update 2.3.044 ??? I thought it was the current latest version.

2. EternumSpace

EternumSpace New Member

The real problem is that my phone isn't rooted, but the system thinks that it is... well the only logical explanation is that might some files from the root before, are still in it. Im confused, the condition is complicated... should i try to fully root it again ?

3. BenjieB

BenjieB Member

But in order to root, you must have unlocked bootloader! So it is not stock.

Anyhow, as I said, go ahead and root. You will update by flashing full ROM again.

EternumSpace likes this.
  4. Marcin89

Marcin89 New Member

"fail:qsahara server" and i don't have any idea how fix this.
    Please help me.

5. Masacker

Masacker New Member

Hi,
    I have got a few short questions...
    As I am pretty new to a china smartphone (will get mine in a week when my colleague is back from china and it will be the ZUK Z2 PRO).

At the moment i am trying to inform my self what the best options for running that smartphone are. However, I sadly did not completly understand what the benefits of flashing are?
    Is the recommended ROM with more languages other than english and chines?
    Is there a youtube video for even closer explanations? :)

Sorry if the questions are dumb ;)
    Like i said this will be my first smartphone from china and also the first time flashing a device.

thanks for the help :)

6. chtsarts

chtsarts New Member

I suggest you to stay with the stock Chinese rom at least for the beginning. I think this is the only rom with its updates. After you get nougat you decide

7. Anupsnair

Anupsnair Member

Hey buddy,

Try the usual steps,
    Different USB Port
    Try renaming the folder to an easier path like c:\z\
    Make sure the drive where u have stored the files is not encrypted
    Select all the files and right click then click on properties, make sure you have unchecked block ( if available ) and read only.
    Try rebooting the PC and running the Qfil as admin level.

Let me know if you need further clarification as the steps maybe vague. Cheers

8. krompac

krompac New Member

9. Lokododo

Lokododo New Member

Hi guys,

I messed completely with my phone so now it's nicely bricked. I tried evereything, every tutorial I could find but now i'm stuck with everything erased (all formatted with TWRP), Relocked Bootloader (with "TOOL ALL IN ONE") because i wanted flash again Stock ROM. There are many problems but my actual problem is how to get Fastboot-edl, because the phone won't be recognized through adb. When i press Volume Buttons together and plug in USB I get the FASTBOOT MODE , if I try other Buttons while I connect to USB I get only a port with "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E" opening in QFIL. I tried also this hint "Entering EDL mode from fastboot mode" but for my ZUK Z2 Pro not working.
    I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Testmode, last good working Custom ROM was Z2pro 2.3.044 MULTILANGUAGE v1 -20161107 by Francko but I had to try Nougat 7.0 by NO|NAME after that I couldn't get back to my backup nor to any older ROM and I ended up with erasing all and bricking my phone :-/
    So my question, if anybody can help, is there any chance, to flash again a Custom ROM and how can I enter Fastboot edl-Mode?
    I appreciate every hint or help I can get, thank You

Edit:
    Just want to complete the story (although I'm not finished). With "TOOL ALL IN ONE" i could unlock again my Bootloader (after endless tryings to get into the right fastboot mode) and also flash chinese TWRP, because my problem earlier was with Emmaus TWRP i couldn't use my external USB-Storage with ROMs and Backups. After this finally i could flash again from USB but i don't understand, why i only can flash these two Custom ROMs: ZUI_Z2121_2.5.083_ad7.0_3rec.zip or MoKee ROM and no other nor restore my backups.
    Also is annoying that sensors are not working, but hurray! I can use my phone again....
    At some point somehow i have to manage to flash a Stock ROM. Probably my USB3 Ports at my notebook are the problem.
    Thanks for reading and i hope there will be an successfull update ;-)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017 at 12:29 AM
  10. vestus

vestus Member

Is here an answer for this situation?

I want to do the same but in the command window I get the message "no device"), when I want to yuse the Method 1

11. xitt

xitt New Member

I have a ROM with multilanguage support and it's unable to gain OTA update. So it seems to me that the seller has put me a Custom Rom and also I do not have the system update. What can I do to update to the ultimate Stock Rom?

12. nero355

nero355 New Member

Read the second post and flash your ZUK Z2 Pro just like I just did :)

But DO NOT FORGOT the following :

Install the ZUK USB DRIVER before you begin and also install the ADB driver stuff from this link :
    http://zukfans.eu/community/threads...m-zuk-z2-pro-z2121-only.57/page-10#post-10013
    Somehow this worked better for me...
    Please note that you should get the ADB driver from the link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 mentioned and then go to the Dropbox link for example : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcxw0yy3jvydupd/adb-setup-1.4.3.exe?dl=0

That is the one that actually worked for me on my Windows 7 laptop :)

After the command " adb reboot edl " you should make sure your QPST window is visible and you will notice the button " Download Content " gets activated and you should click it immediately !!

If you have any further questions let us know here ;)

Hereby I would also like to thank everyone who has posted helpfull hints/tips/links in this topic : I could not have done it without you guys!

This was the first time I flashed a Android Phone :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017 at 3:58 PM
    xitt and Luca00 like this.
  13. Gilson

Gilson New Member

Hi folks, I got my Zuk Z2 Pro from banggood and it came with a custom ROM. So, I've followed all the steps of the QFIL method and in the end, my phone got bricked. Now, it's bootlooping, and when I manage to make QFIL recognize it and click Download Content, it says:

Switch to EDL
    Download Fail: Switch To EDL FailFailed to Switch to Emergency Download mode
    Finish Download

Also, I'm not able to enter download mode by myself, since it doesn't appear in adb devices, and plugging the USB with Volume- pressed doesn't work as well (it bootloops anyways)

Please, any thoughts??

14. eryen

eryen New Member

Run QFIL app, select content.xml and wait ready

Power down your device.

Press and hold VOL- button, plug cable.
    When device powered up, release power button and vol-

You will be booted to diagnostic mod.
    Qfil will ask for diagnostic port.
    Select proper diagnostic port
    Click Download Content.

Device will reboot into EDL mode and QFIL will find download port himself. Will start to download immideatelly

If you wait too much, Reboot to EDL command will not be recognized by device and you will get error, Sahara error.
    Try to do it quickly.

Many time a get Sahara error too.

If you still get errors, check QUALCOMM drivers updated. Old drivers does not respons very well

Also, there is fastboot-edl in this topic, you can run command with it in bootloader menu
    fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot-edl

Also, if you have twrp recovery, in that mode adb commands work too
    adb reboot edl

15. Gilson

Gilson New Member

Thanks for the response!!

When I hold Volume- and plug the cable, the phone quickly goes to a strange "Options Menu" (the menu was different when I flashed the first time) and asks me to press volume key to select an option. The available options are "Power off", "Restart", "Recovery", "Fastboot" and "Back to previous page", QFIL doesn't ask me for diagnosis port, it keeps saying "No Port Available".

From that menu, I can enter Fastboot mode, but when I run adb reboot edl, the command returns success, but the phone reboots to the same options menu I mentioned. It looks like the EDL was wiped out (if that's possible)

The driver I'm using is the 1.0.6: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24659325368664618
    QFIL from this link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424948456

And the flash I downloaded first this one (2.3.044) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=94059

And then, when it didn't work, I tried this one that the user Izanagi posted: https://yadi.sk/d/Eo2ML2h8v3b5T
    Is there another way to enter EDL mode or to flash the stock boot.img using fastboot? Or maybe an update.zip to be installed via Recovery mode?

Thanks again for the help, I hope we can figure out what is the problem, I've seen another guy in this same thread named cordeiroherbert with the same problem, but apparently he gave up...

16. Gilson

Gilson New Member

I think it might be useful to understand the problem... When QFIL recognizes my phone, it says the phone is a Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 900E, instead of 9008. Before the bootloop, it was showing 9008. Might this be the cause?

17. Gilson

Gilson New Member

Just to help anybody with the same problem, I managed to enter download mode on port 9008 by holding Volume+ and plugging it, instead of Volume-. Not sure why it happened, but with that I installed the stock ROM! Thanks guys :)