3.5.316 TO 3.5.344 OTA

Sep 20, 2016
I just received the OTA notification (in spite of the fact, that my bootloader is unlocked). Downloaded and updated already without problems.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Sep 5, 2017
A tiny update that fix google contacts sync for stock app. It is a good update :)
Does it fix the sync for the stock apps? I just updated, but im using Google dialer and the google contacts app. Should i remove the installed contact sync app, or did Zuk just only add support for the stock apps?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Does it fix the sync for the stock apps? I just updated, but im using Google dialer and the google contacts app. Should i remove the installed contact sync app, or did Zuk just only add support for the stock apps?
Just added support, you can keep using google apps if you want.
Nothing changed for those apps, only stock ones

Sep 5, 2017
Ok, great, thanks! Ill change the default dialer and contacts app back to stock and try those to see which i like best with this release. Thanks for answering this fast again Bruneba, you are the man! :)
Hope battery life is improved with this update, since it mentions something about that in the patchnotes. It's getting almost difficult to keep track of updates with this phone.. Zuk seems to be releasing them fast!

Javad

Dec 23, 2017
ایران
Hey guys

My Sys upd says no update. I'm on 3.5.316
What's wrong?
I used Transocks once and it worked, but now it seems there's no update to 344.

nsourm

Aug 4, 2016
Hey guys

My Sys upd says no update. I'm on 3.5.316
What's wrong?
I used Transocks once and it worked, but now it seems there's no update to 344.
Clear cache memory from sysupd program. Then try again with Transocks

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

mase80

Apr 15, 2018
Hello,
yesterday I updated my phone to 3.5.344 (starting with flashing 1.9). I hoped the phone would have no problems with synchronizing my google contacts. But unfortunately it's not working. After installing play an contacts sync from app center the zui contacts app shows my google account name but with 0 contacts. So I also installed the google contacts app. It also shows my account name but when it starts synchronizing nothing happens it just says "Syncing my contacts from Google. This may take a minute"

When I go to settings under Google /Restore Contacts it says that my contacts are synchronized automatically on my device...

Any ideas what I can do?
Thanks in advance!

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hello,
yesterday I updated my phone to 3.5.344 (starting with flashing 1.9). I hoped the phone would have no problems with synchronizing my google contacts. But unfortunately it's not working. After installing play an contacts sync from app center the zui contacts app shows my google account name but with 0 contacts. So I also installed the google contacts app. It also shows my account name but when it starts synchronizing nothing happens it just says "Syncing my contacts from Google. This may take a minute"

When I go to settings under Google /Restore Contacts it says that my contacts are synchronized automatically on my device...

Any ideas what I can do?
Thanks in advance!
Did you install google partner setup and google contact sync app?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
yes, I did install both, whitelisted both in autostart an granted all permissions to contact sync an contacts app
Try to clean cache and data from google contacts and stock one.

Sorry I cant try it by myself as im not on zui anymore but that worked on previous 3.5

See here

mar.ur

Nov 9, 2017
yes, I did install both, whitelisted both in autostart an granted all permissions to contact sync an contacts app
After you install Google contacts sync 8.0 or 8.1 and put it to both autostarts and whitelists and battery optimization , go to settings/ apps/ Google / clean data . Now go to settings ,/ accounts / Google and sync all .

mase80

Apr 15, 2018
Thanks a lot to both of you for your support! It works!
I did not take contacts sync out of battery optimization before and did not clean Google data.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
I updated to the latest version on the way to reinstalling AEX on my new ZUK; have the notifications improved over previous versions?

Mar 22, 2017
Europe
I'm located in Belgium and I had today both updates via OTA (manually checked) 3.5.316 and then 3.5.344.
I hope battery life will be fixed because my current battery life dropped lately to only 2/3 hours with 3.5.259 and I was about to buy another smartphone but it's hard to find a smartphone with Snapdragon >821 and huge battery 5000 or 10000Mah at a cheap price (around 250€).
Do you know if they can refund if this is because of a defective battery? I bought it at Banggood store.
I checked to buy a new battery but it's quite expensive (35€ battery alone + extra for the repair shop).

Note: with last update I'm now getting annoying chinese news feed notifications... It can be disabled but this is listed as system notification so I'm not sure if I should hide them or not to avoid missing important messages...