4000mah battery mod

Starchm

Sep 12, 2017
well i would like to try it first , text is a bit diffrent from orginal one but they produce it in 2018 for sure. hard to guess real capacity but maybe maybe
Why u think that they did it in 2018? Are u sure it original and not a fake rebranded/reskined random chinese crap? As i said zuk didnt did anything in 2018 if i know right, last phone and last factory things was in 2017 first half probably.

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
So here we go,
Modded and installed the mi6 battery with 3250maH, bought it from ebay link on my previous comment and it worked like charm.
To note that there is still some space in there which could probably install a longer (height ) i'd say a 3 to 5 mm more which now makes sense how a guy previously installed the bm47. I must say soldering and disassembling the old battery is a bit tricky but worth it. I keep you posted on battery life if it turns out to be a genuine one or not but i believe it is genuine as the wrapping and soldering was professional. Will test and try @Emilic go ahead mod yours it is fairly easy

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
HI guys
huawei p10 battery is having dimensions 69.3x145.3.x6.98 which is smaller , but could glue it in the zuk z2 pro battery room right ? anyone tried ?
Yes i did double side tapped the mi6 battery on my zuk z2 pro..as for the battery dimensions check my comparative chart you have few cm on the height not the width

Jcube9

Oct 2, 2016
U NEED TO REPLACE, and i can tell u that soldering those metal strips are nightmare , i just pierce and solder cable to it then solder other end to corect points (+,-).but i was doing it first time and i ve done it, so it s not that difficult

Last edited:

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
Hello zukers, Ok so after 2 days, the battery estimate at 3000 mah plus or minus against advertised 3350 mah for mi 6. The quality is good and it holds for 5 hrs max sot with google services, 2 whatsapp, 2 sim cards data on, wifi on, gps on high accuracy, rom zui MM with some drain in standby. So in overall same like old battery performance . my next project is to try a higher capacity such as a bm 47 but let's hope we can find a genuine one not a clone any tried links/suggestions would be gr8 Screenshot_2019-05-04-07-06-45-1674534239.png

Jcube9

Oct 2, 2016
Well i ve tried 3900 mah replica as autor did but for me it fits well .BUT phone gone completly crazy, mostly when he goes under 40% he's reboting without reason while in twrp or system (miui 10 & zui4 0) but he can rebot at 95 % too , just under 40% phone is unusable bootloping reboting after 3 sec at starting screen. evrything i do was just solder + to + and - to - , but i feel there is smoething more needed to do with software.
4,5 sot on miui 100-50%
aslo while charging u can do anything at any procentage may it be to little power in this battery
I got 1 question how author phone is acting is evrything normal ?

Jun 18, 2018
Well i ve tried 3900 mah replica as autor did but for me it fits well .BUT phone gone completly crazy, mostly when he goes under 40% he's reboting without reason while in twrp or system (miui 10 & zui4 0) but he can rebot at 95 % too , just under 40% phone is unusable bootloping reboting after 3 sec at starting screen. evrything i do was just solder + to + and - to - , but i feel there is smoething more needed to do with software.
4,5 sot on miui 100-50%
aslo while charging u can do anything at any procentage may it be to little power in this battery
I got 1 question how author phone is acting is evrything normal ?
Have u "calibrated" ur battery?
Meaning total discharge, and then full recharge... Do that like 2 to 3 times??
And then let us know if the issue is still there.

Nick, are u having issues with ur battery?
(just wondering of the li-ion / li-po impact)

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
Have u "calibrated" ur battery?
Meaning total discharge, and then full recharge... Do that like 2 to 3 times??
And then let us know if the issue is still there.

Nick, are u having issues with ur battery?
(just wondering of the li-ion / li-po impact)
Hey guys,

@Jcube9 i suggest you do a zui 1.9 stock firmware flashing to rule out any software issues, if after that and after 2 calibrations it does this then ur battery is flawed.

@Emilic for me it is working fine, however restarting the phone makes the battery drop 3-5% but doesn't freak out or anything however my capacity is ~3000 mah

I plan to find a huawei compatible battery with higher capacity will keep you posted once i have some time to visit the shop caus the online retailers seem to send fake ones

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
Tomorrow i'm expecting a xiaomi mi a2 lite battery an original 4000mah from a cellphone...will keep u posted hopefully would fit well and give us the needed battery life... Keep u posted

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
As I've checked lately many phone reviews, benchmark scores and so on, our Zuk Z2 pro processor(820) is around the same power as snapdragon 675 or 710. Even 660 performance and benchmark scores are very close to snapdragon 820. I also tried to change battery and put a new one but at the end still I can't get a better battery life (Max 6 hours SoT). So I guess it would be more logical to buy a phone with bigger battery and at least with a snapdragon 660 processor inside. Redmi Note 7 looks like a good option with 4000 mAh battery but I'm still thinking and checking market. If redmi note 7 pro would have a global version with LTE band 20 support, I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy it. Snapdragon 675 , 4000 mAh battery and around 260 USD.

I still think that Zuk Z2 Pro is quite good phone even today with an AMOLED screen, fast type-c port , good camera , fast processor but that battery life makes me search for a new option.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Jun 18, 2018
As I've checked lately many phone reviews, benchmark scores and so on, our Zuk Z2 pro processor(820) is around the same power as snapdragon 675 or 710. Even 660 performance and benchmark scores are very close to snapdragon 820. I also tried to change battery and put a new one but at the end still I can't get a better battery life (Max 6 hours SoT). So I guess it would be more logical to buy a phone with bigger battery and at least with a snapdragon 660 processor inside. Redmi Note 7 looks like a good option with 4000 mAh battery but I'm still thinking and checking market. If redmi note 7 pro would have a global version with LTE band 20 support, I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy it. Snapdragon 675 , 4000 mAh battery and around 260 USD.

I still think that Zuk Z2 Pro is quite good phone even today with an AMOLED screen, fast type-c port , good camera , fast processor but that battery life makes me search for a new option.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk
I still love my Zuk z2 pro... I am just a bit worried about SW updates...

Regarding battery.. 5/6h sounds great for me... I mean depending on your use... But I believe that even new phones will just give you 5/6h... more because of their screen size, and the screen tech... but again it all depends on how you use it.

And well the umidigi s3 pro, has an amazing battery! wow!, let ust know how that goes!
But it is about 1cm bigger than the zuk, and IPS istead of amoled... :'(
Nehuuu... I am still sticking happily to my Zuk (3 years and going on).
Next step, custom battery and custom ROM.

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
I also tried to change battery and put a new one but at the end still I can't get a better battery life (Max 6 hours SoT).
My battery is 2 years old, almost 2,5 years but I am still able to get 5,5 to 6,5 SoT hours out of it so...

Are you sure there isn't some app draining your phone somehow ?! :(

I have just flashed my phone from scratch again (ZUI 1.9 and then OTA to 4.0.247 ST) because of such an issue and everything is OK again! :)