ROM [8.0.0_r11][ALPHA] AospExtended ROM V5.0 [Z2 PRO] by davidevinavil

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
Nothing special mate, just disabled auto-brigthness, screen brightness almost minimum. Localization and Bluetooth always off. I use Wifi matic that connect and disconnect wifi automatically depending the around antennas, maybe that helps too.

Jul 5, 2017
Salut, Guyllheaume,
je voulais savoir comment se comporte ton téléphone quand tu ne l'utilises pas? Le mien a une décharge continue. J'utilise BBS pour voir ce qui consomme et sans surprise, c'est android qui réveille le téléphone jusqu'à 50 fois par heure...

Attachments

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
Salut, Guyllheaume,
je voulais savoir comment se comporte ton téléphone quand tu ne l'utilises pas? Le mien a une décharge continue. J'utilise BBS pour voir ce qui consomme et sans surprise, c'est android qui réveille le téléphone jusqu'à 50 fois par heure...
Hi mate, just sent you a pm, so we can speak French easily. Better speak English on the international thread.

Battery life is really satisfying for me, but I don't use official apps for fb, messenger, Instagram, YouTube, gmail, maps... no snapchat, no Twitter, no Tumblr, no Pokemon Go, no Candy crush...
I try to avoid every high battery consumption apps.
Almost never use Bluetooth or gps, brightness at minimum.
That helps to keep some juice at the end of the day :D
See ya.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
For those using the Google Camera mod: If you want detailed main and selfie cam pictures, set the model config to "Nexus 5x" instead of "Nexus 6P"; I was dissatisfied with the selfies on the latter config, but after reading this by B-S-G, I switched and all was well. The main camera config, as with the actual Nexus phones, is exactly the same.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
Viper 4 Android doesn't work, though. Not a fan of the colour desaturation either. Might revert to beta version if I can't fix those issues.

Sent from my Z2 Pro using Tapatalk

Jun 5, 2017
my battery percentage is maxed out at 98% after installing second latest rom.....

which gapps to u use?

SOT is not much better at 4.5hrs. those with good SOT is your Bluetooth always on like mine?

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
Not Bluetooth, but I ended up having to reflash my backup of the NYE beta update. Penultimate official version drains too much battery whilst listening to music (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, mobile data all off, location set to battery-saving).

Journey to work listening drain comparison (1 hour, 20 mins):

Typical drain with 4.6/8.1 beta: 1 - 3%

Drain with 8.1 official: 6%!

So far, for me, the 31/12 beta is the best version of this ROM.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
my battery percentage is maxed out at 98% after installing second latest rom.....

which gapps to u use?

SOT is not much better at 4.5hrs. those with good SOT is your Bluetooth always on like mine?
That reminds me of the other thing I dislike about the new official updates: battery drain during charge. The beta holds charge where these new, supposedly improved versions fail.

As for Gapps, use this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/gapps-opengapps-t3720449