ROM [8.1.0][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix O v.6.2.1 [F2FS][10/06] [discontinued]

Sentinel

Jul 18, 2017
If you experience issues with your device there is a safe way to reset software. Flash ZUI 1.9 with qfil sets back software partitions in your device.

THEN you need to update to ZUI 3.5.xxx or even ZUI 4.0 if you get it by OTA.

Then you can decide to stay on crappy ZUI or to change to CustomRom.

I suggest to change to RR 6.2.1 latest as it has latest available security update and fixed issues from before. AEX 5.8 will be good as well.

[...]

Good luck mate
Some beginner questions to that:

1. Is it possible that the OTA update from 1.9 to 3.5xxx or 4.0 won't work for some reason? If yes, what to do then?
2. To install a Custom Rom (for example this latest version of RR here) I need latest TWRP, right? Where do I get it?
3. I have TWRP 3.1.0.0 on my ZUK 2 pro. Do I need to uninstall it first before I install the new TWRP? If yes, how do I do that?

Thank you very much! :)

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Some beginner questions to that:

1. Is it possible that the OTA update from 1.9 to 3.5xxx or 4.0 won't work for some reason? If yes, what to do then?
2. To install a Custom Rom (for example this latest version of RR here) I need latest TWRP, right? Where do I get it?
3. I have TWRP 3.1.0.0 on my ZUK 2 pro. Do I need to uninstall it first before I install the new TWRP? If yes, how do I do that?

Thank you very much! :)
use the instruction thread tonsee how to update fast from ZUI 1.9 to 3.5

twrp here: www.twrp.me

dont forget to flash factory2vendor.zip and reboot to recovery before flashing custom rom.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Using RR 6.2.1 with latest 4.0 baseband and nameless kernel 19.
standby is perfect. using it with dual sim. I get about 5 hours SoT. But beside SoT best is standby. 2hours 1% is really ok.
Cool! And how is battery life with latest kernel?

Sent from my MI PAD 3 using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2017
What is not working good is to flash a CustomRom on top of ZUI 1.9 or 2.x.

Good luck mate
Ok I was wrong - I got ZUI RR on top of ZUI 3.1.194 ST. However I flashed it back to ZUI 3.1.194 ST with QFIL and thinking what will be the best now.

EDIT: I went for update to zui 3.5.xxx and the latest RR on top of it and so far everything seems all right (no wifi issues and no freezing) but we will see after few days of testing. Finger crossed.

EDIT 2: Network data not working... Nor LTE neither 3G. Tried both SIMs, tried multiple reboot, tried swap SIM cards in slot, nothing works. I'm tired.

Last edited:

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Ok I was wrong - I got ZUI RR on top of ZUI 3.1.194 ST. However I flashed it back to ZUI 3.1.194 ST with QFIL and thinking what will be the best now.

EDIT: I went for update to zui 3.5.xxx and the latest RR on top of it and so far everything seems all right (no wifi issues and no freezing) but we will see after few days of testing. Finger crossed.

EDIT 2: Network data not working... Nor LTE neither 3G. Tried both SIMs, tried multiple reboot, tried swap SIM cards in slot, nothing works. I'm tired.
I actually dont know what you are doing wrong in detail :D

Use latest baseband. Oh, and check apn settings.

in baseband thread there is an instruction how to get back LTE functionality once it is screwed.

U use RR 6.2.1 now?

Jan 30, 2017
I actually dont know what you are doing wrong in detail :D

Use latest baseband. Oh, and check apn settings.

in baseband thread there is an instruction how to get back LTE functionality once it is screwed.

U use RR 6.2.1 now?
Yes, RR 6.2.1 on top of zui 3.5.xxx

I'll let you know once I figure out something

ZukZ2Fan

Jan 22, 2017
Here no porblem at all with 6.2.1. For me great and best rom for this phone.

Only i get signal drops but is not related to RR because it happen to me with every custom rom :/ (only miui and zui no drops)

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Using RR 6.2.1 with latest 4.0 baseband and nameless kernel 19.
standby is perfect. using it with dual sim. I get about 5 hours SoT. But beside SoT best is standby. 2hours 1% is really ok.
Looks like promising, I'll give it a try once I receive my battery and install it. May I ask one last question..Did you try latest Gcam on this ROM? I'm talking about the one with Night sight function, Gcam 6.1 version I guess the correct name. As I've checked in XDA, developer ArnovaG2 made a version that supports Night sight and works on Oreo ROMs as well. He wrote that it works perfectly in Xiaomi Mi5 which has same processor (SD820) as our phones. I'm really interested to try that Gcam

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Looks like promising, I'll give it a try once I receive my battery and install it. May I ask one last question..Did you try latest Gcam on this ROM? I'm talking about the one with Night sight function, Gcam 6.1 version I guess the correct name. As I've checked in XDA, developer ArnovaG2 made a version that supports Night sight and works on Oreo ROMs as well. He wrote that it works perfectly in Xiaomi Mi5 which has same processor (SD820) as our phones. I'm really interested to try that Gcam

Gcam 6.1 is not working with latest 8.1 roms. Did not test it with Android 9 versions. Will check it later.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
tested it.

BackCam is working with photo.
Video is crashing
FrontCam is producing greenish photos.

I will test later with Android 9.
Thanks for the feedback , at least developers are still working for SD820 phones, that's good news

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Android 9 will have 4.4 Kernel. AEX already uses it. Still a bit bugged, but very promising.
Thanks for the feedback , at least developers are still working for SD820 phones, that's good news