ROM [8.1.0][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix O v.6.2.1 [F2FS][10/06]

Joaomelo

May 25, 2018
Hello everyone!
After two days I have WIFI problems at home. I use DLink powerline router on my network. This happens with RR 6.0.0 and AEX 5.5.
I followed the video tutorial of @bruneba to install RR 6.0.0 posted here.
Any other suggestions for installation?
I am currently using AEX 4.6 with no WIFI issues, installed from ZUI 1.9.
By the way, congratulations and thanks to those responsible for the good work in RR.
Thanks for any help.

Sorry for my English ...: )

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hello everyone!
After two days I have WIFI problems at home. I use DLink powerline router on my network. This happens with RR 6.0.0 and AEX 5.5.
I followed the video tutorial of @bruneba to install RR 6.0.0 posted here.
Any other suggestions for installation?
I am currently using AEX 4.6 with no WIFI issues, installed from ZUI 1.9.
By the way, congratulations and thanks to those responsible for the good work in RR.
Thanks for any help.

Sorry for my English ...: )
I didnt have wifi issues on 6.0 version.
Try to update to latest version that is 6.1.
Just install, dont need to wipe (but no problem to wipe cache and dalvik if you want)

Joaomelo

May 25, 2018
I didnt have wifi issues on 6.0 version.
Try to update to latest version that is 6.1.
Just install, dont need to wipe (but no problem to wipe cache and dalvik if you want)
Hi, @bruneba, thanks for the quick return.
Okay, I'm going to install RR 6.1 and see if my WIFI behaves better...;)
Thanks a lot

gazm2k5

Jun 28, 2017
I get ERROR 7 whilst trying to flash the 06/11 build with the latest TWRP 3.2.1-1. From googling, it seems most people are having this problem.

I reverted back to the 03/15 build that I was on before. I will wait until this is fixed.

EDIT: Just looking back a couple of pages, does TeamWIN TWRP not work for this? People suggesting "Red Wolf"? I'm not familiar with it, can someone provide a link to the right one for Zuk Z2 Pro? I assume I install the same way as TWRP?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I get ERROR 7 whilst trying to flash the 06/11 build with the latest TWRP 3.2.1-1. From googling, it seems most people are having this problem.

I reverted back to the 03/15 build that I was on before. I will wait until this is fixed.

EDIT: Just looking back a couple of pages, does TeamWIN TWRP not work for this? People suggesting "Red Wolf"? I'm not familiar with it, can someone provide a link to the right one for Zuk Z2 Pro? I assume I install the same way as TWRP?
You can find it at page 4 on xda link

Btw, you can just follow this tutorial. There is a video you can follow steps
https://zukfans.eu/community/thread...r-image-error-7-installing-a-custom-rom.8347/

Last edited:

Neelix20

Nov 22, 2017
Hi ! Thanks for the awesome rom ! How can i see if quick charge 3 is enabled while loading? I have a QC 3 Charger and a proper cable for it. And i want to see if the phone really is quick charging. I am not quite sure if i can see that somewhere. Any ideas?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi ! Thanks for the awesome rom ! How can i see if quick charge 3 is enabled while loading? I have a QC 3 Charger and a proper cable for it. And i want to see if the phone really is quick charging. I am not quite sure if i can see that somewhere. Any ideas?
When you plug the cable it will show on the lock screen.
IMG_20180617_164514.jpg IMG_20180617_164457.jpg

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
easiest way is to use an usb voltmeter. small thing to plug between charger and cable. You get it for some bucks at aliexpress or amazon

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Thank you ! I thought i have to change something in the phone software.

There is always "charging slowly". I tried different cables... the charger suports QC 3 ( Anker PowerPort+ )....:oops:

I keep trying other charger and cables.
Plug it and wait like 30 secs and check it again if its charging fast

Jun 15, 2018
I've only used RR 5.8.4 Android N so far and then I decided to go to Andoid O, now I'm using RR 6.1.0 and it looks neat, very fast and responsible. However, I knew the battery wouldn't be the same, since on the 5.8.4 I almost got 12 hrs with only one charging and with moderate use, I'm a little upset with the battery consumption on Android 8 (I've tested Stock 3.5 previously, so I know it is not a RR 6.1.0's problem.

I'm very noob, I need something easy to digest because I don't know what is and how a kernel works, but I would like to know if there is something that I can do to improve battery life on RR 6.1.0 like there was built-in on RR 5.8.4

Last edited:

gazm2k5

Jun 28, 2017
While we're on the subject of charging, I get "charging rapidly" with 4.8V and about 2100mA, but isn't the phone supposed to be capable of quick charge at like, 20V?

I have a QC3 charger. I guess RR isn't capable of QC3?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
forget about what software can show you.
If you have a qc 3 charger then the phone will charge at 9V 2A max.

You can check that with a voltmeter adapter. I have that here, trust me, 4 Z2 Pro tested, they do all the same.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I have been testing every version since its release and it has been improving, some bugs and rom features fixed, but the battery life isnt the same since RR-O-v6.0.0-20180413-z2_row.

after the version above, it drain too much battery with screen on and off.
for example, I go to sleep at 00:30 with 63% and at 9:00 I have only 27%

today I had 31% at 00:12 and at 9:00 the phone had shut down.

I have tested it on two Zuks, one with a data backup restored and other with a clean install.

idk why but it didnt happens on 2018-04-13 version (the one that has a mismatch message after every boot)
I tried using grenefy and others similar apps, but didnt fix it at all on sleep mode..

i know it isnt happening only with my phone, its not a bug with an specific app on my phone that is draining battery.. so that why im writing this

please, compare version 2018-04-13 with the latest one and you will note a huge difference in battery life.

thanks for you hard work, this rom is the best so far.

gazm2k5

Jun 28, 2017
I have been testing every version since its release and it has been improving, some bugs and rom features fixed, but the battery life isnt the same since RR-O-v6.0.0-20180413-z2_row.

after the version above, it drain too much battery with screen on and off.
for example, I go to sleep at 00:30 with 63% and at 9:00 I have only 27%

today I had 31% at 00:12 and at 9:00 the phone had shut down.

I have tested it on two Zuks, one with a data backup restored and other with a clean install.

idk why but it didnt happens on 2018-04-13 version (the one that has a mismatch message after every boot)
I tried using grenefy and others similar apps, but didnt fix it at all on sleep mode..

i know it isnt happening only with my phone, its not a bug with an specific app on my phone that is draining battery.. so that why im writing this

please, compare version 2018-04-13 with the latest one and you will note a huge difference in battery life.

thanks for you hard work, this rom is the best so far.
Mine isn't that bad, but I have noticed it is significantly worse.

I used to get barely any drain overnight, but now around 10%.

I've been in my flat for the last day, so this isn't "real" use, it's always connected to wifi and not being used much (I think my alarm and whatsapp is literally the only usage).
Screenshot (21 Jun 2018 15_33_34).png