[8 minute Video] Newbie how to flash QDloader 9008 Zuk Z2

Nov 6, 2016
What's up guys. I hope this video helps out a newbie. I realize there is also a written guide in the forum here. An excellent one by the way. However, thought it might help out having a video guide along with it.

QPST Zuk Z2 Plus full ROM 2.3.042
https://mega.nz/#!DAoGhCaa!LCFxswG3cWy5_Emmnbi6UBqTpHdp3JpOlaszdPES1Jw

Driver auto-installers
http://www.mediafire.com/file/77muzrw69991xua/GizBeat.com-Zuk-Z2-driver-pack.zip

NOTE: You may need to set your Windows to Test Mode to allow the driver installs.
1. Logon to Windows with an admin account
2. Go to Windows Start and type "cmd"
3. Right-click on 'Command Prompt' and select 'Run as Administrator'
4. In the black cmd window, type or paste "bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON"
5. Reboot PC

Regards

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2016
Thank you @erke for the comment and allowing our posts here. Much appreciated.

Yes, the first time PC flash can be a bit daunting and hope the video can help someone out.

ensar

Aug 30, 2016
Thank you for tutorial !

However, there is no google play and related services, omg ! How google could not be in an Android Phone ? How can we solve this issue ?

rolex0815

Jul 18, 2016
Google Services is not Android. That's a common error to think that Android automatically means Google Play Services.

You should read here, it's already described.

Dec 2, 2016
Thank you for tutorial !

However, there is no google play and related services, omg ! How google could not be in an Android Phone ? How can we solve this issue ?
try to install manual apk google play and google play servise apk

ensar

Aug 30, 2016
try to install manual apk google play and google play servise apk
I tried to install manual apk (Google play, Google services ) but it shows white screen when I try to open google play.I can't waste time with that anymoreNow, I'll try to flash another roms

Pelletspelle

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 3, 2016
You have to use this or similar program to flash stock rom if you have that custom multilingual rom that almost every phone comes with, after you flashed stock rom it should work with ota to update but are threads for ota update, dont use zui rom myself.

No need for unlocking bootloader flashing stock rom.

The bootloader stays locked.

Mariusz111

Dec 4, 2016
You have to use this or similar program to flash stock rom if you have that custom multilingual rom that almost every phone comes with, after you flashed stock rom it should work with ota to update but are threads for ota update, dont use zui rom myself.

No need for unlocking bootloader flashing stock rom.

The bootloader stays locked.
Thank you :). Do you recommend any custom ROM?

Oct 30, 2016
This rom doesn't allow me to run google apps properly. Im not the only one. Im not saying that its not good but as i see there are more people that have same issues.
The Guide itself perfect! Thank you.

Sep 19, 2016
I had a quick look at this ROM and I noticed a different behavior comparing to the official one:
1) many applications are activated "on demand": they are on the screen but they are dowloaded and installed only after the first click
2) the ZUK account is not available
3) the core application "system update" doesn't work

I didn't try to install the Google
services on this ROM.
Normally this should be the procedure:
1) set permission to install "unknown resources"
2) install the following apks, in this order, with all the permissions and without opening before all of them are installed:
- Google services (last version)
- Google contacts sync (version 6.1)
- Google contacts (last version)
- Google play store (last version)

If you want the last Chinese version, my suggestion is to flash first the official version provided by Lenovo (normally you can always find the second last qpst version in the Chinese forum). And this can be done with qfil or miflash, as it was well described in this video. After the rom can be updated simply via OTA or, if the Chinese server is not reachable, with the SD method (you can find the latest QSB version again in the Chinese forum).

All these operations can be done with the bootloader locked.

By the way this the page where you can find the files I mentioned before (just set the automatic translation in advance):
http://bbs.lenovomobile.cn/z2/t119330/

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2016
Well a great tutorial Kudos to OP for posting this tutorial
but
The rom provided in this tutorial does not support OTA either and has many apps missing already

Dec 15, 2016
I Flashed stock ROM from this link

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=82053

Via your tutorial, everything worked as you explained. After installation I got OTA update for 2.3 ZUI. So far much better experience and lot less bugs. Previous software was 2.0.069 from Banggood Multilanguage without OTA

Only tricky part was installing Google apps (Gapps) on my device, but there are many great tutorials to do so.

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk

Dave989

Jan 8, 2017
Mexico
I tried to install manual apk (Google play, Google services ) but it shows white screen when I try to open google play.I can't waste time with that anymoreNow, I'll try to flash another roms
it shows white screen to me too, google playstore don't work

Last edited: