[8 minute Video] Newbie how to flash QDloader 9008 Zuk Z2

Dave989

Jan 8, 2017
Mexico
What's up guys. I hope this video helps out a newbie. I realize there is also a written guide in the forum here. An excellent one by the way. However, thought it might help out having a video guide along with it.

QPST Zuk Z2 Plus full ROM 2.3.042
https://mega.nz/#!DAoGhCaa!LCFxswG3cWy5_Emmnbi6UBqTpHdp3JpOlaszdPES1Jw

Driver auto-installers
http://www.mediafire.com/file/77muzrw69991xua/GizBeat.com-Zuk-Z2-driver-pack.zip

NOTE: You may need to set your Windows to Test Mode to allow the driver installs.
1. Logon to Windows with an admin account
2. Go to Windows Start and type "cmd"
3. Right-click on 'Command Prompt' and select 'Run as Administrator'
4. In the black cmd window, type or paste "bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON"
5. Reboot PC

Regards
great guide excellent, i flashed the official indian rom with this tutorial, now my zuk z2 works perfect with all google apps. thank you. i gave up with chinese 2.3 rom

Jalal

Jan 15, 2017
I Flashed stock ROM from this link

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=82053

Via your tutorial, everything worked as you explained. After installation I got OTA update for 2.3 ZUI. So far much better experience and lot less bugs. Previous software was 2.0.069 from Banggood Multilanguage without OTA

Only tricky part was installing Google apps (Gapps) on my device, but there are many great tutorials to do so.

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk
If I have the Indian rom, could I use that instead of the one from the tutorial and have google apps working?

Jalal

Jan 15, 2017
great guide excellent, i flashed the official indian rom with this tutorial, now my zuk z2 works perfect with all google apps. thank you. i gave up with chinese 2.3 rom
0o0o, that's my plan! Downloaded the drivers + indian ROM, set pc into test mode. Now just waiting to do it with my brother.

Jalal

Jan 15, 2017
What's up guys. I hope this video helps out a newbie. I realize there is also a written guide in the forum here. An excellent one by the way. However, thought it might help out having a video guide along with it.

QPST Zuk Z2 Plus full ROM 2.3.042
https://mega.nz/#!DAoGhCaa!LCFxswG3cWy5_Emmnbi6UBqTpHdp3JpOlaszdPES1Jw

Driver auto-installers
http://www.mediafire.com/file/77muzrw69991xua/GizBeat.com-Zuk-Z2-driver-pack.zip

NOTE: You may need to set your Windows to Test Mode to allow the driver installs.
1. Logon to Windows with an admin account
2. Go to Windows Start and type "cmd"
3. Right-click on 'Command Prompt' and select 'Run as Administrator'
4. In the black cmd window, type or paste "bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON"
5. Reboot PC

Regards
Instead of using your ROM link, can I use the Indian stock rom? Will it work with this tutorial?

mixa

Jan 11, 2017
Swiss
I have a general question as to why are you using QPST/QFIL to flash stock images, instead of fastboot? It's way safer and it won't touch bootloader and other things that don't need to be flashed every time you restore a system image.
QFIL was always a blank-board flasher and not retail service software.

Jan 19, 2017
I have a general question as to why are you using QPST/QFIL to flash stock images, instead of fastboot? It's way safer and it won't touch bootloader and other things that don't need to be flashed every time you restore a system image.
QFIL was always a blank-board flasher and not retail service software.
You can just flash through the normal fastboot? Have you done it? If so please teach me ! I have done the fastboot way with my old Moto phones but I've forgotten , so if you know how to please teach us.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

mixa

Jan 11, 2017
Swiss
You can just flash through the normal fastboot? Have you done it? If so please teach me ! I have done the fastboot way with my old Moto phones but I've forgotten , so if you know how to please teach us.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
I'll see if I can post a guide on the next 7 days or so. That should simplify the flashing of official ROMs significantly.

ersteinmal

Jan 17, 2017
Germany
Dear Adamo, dear GizBeat.com!

I start understand that you mean about the different between ZUK and Android. But ...
I bbuyed the zuk 2 because I need to use my "Navigon" for Navigation urgendly. Therefor I need to install the software.
So - as I am not able to install the software I have to sell my phone and need to seach for an other,

So my direct question to you is: Is there a way?

P.S: I tryed to download the
2) install the following apks, in this order, with all the permissions and without opening before all of them are installed:
- Google services (last version)
- Google contacts sync (version 6.1)
- Google contacts (last version)
- Google play store (last version)
May I installed them, but it does not work.....

So please answer my question.

P.S.S: Hardware: H-2-01; ZUI 1.9.044 ST

Regards

Carsten

Last edited:

mixa

Jan 11, 2017
Swiss
Have u made any post on how to flash stock ROM using fastboot ?

Sent from my Z2 using Tapatalk
No, never had the time or desire to test, since I've realized how bad the stock ROM is.I still can make a simple batch script, that can be done with one click.
The stock ROM is broken off to lots of smaller chunks, which is one of the reasons I got put off.
Never say never though, I'll probably give it a try.

Are you willing to be my guinea pig ?
See this topic:
http://zukfans.eu/community/threads/1-click-restore-to-stock-zui-through-fastboot-test-only.5158/

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2017
Is the Stock Rom better than the Shop Rom from Gearbest ? I have this phone 2 days and i wanna flash my z2. Which guide should i use ? The Video option or the basic guide ?

Mar 16, 2017
yes, you can install QPST ROM with locked/unlocked bootloader.
Can it be installed via TWRP? I tried going from mokee 6.0 to 7.1.1 and now my phone wont boot, although TWRP works the backups I created are corrupted.

I should mention my phone is rooted also but not sure if this makes any difference.

Mar 16, 2017
I followed the video and after clicking 'flash' on the Miflash I got "Missed hello packet, try to recover..."

any ideas on what went wrong?