ROM AICP Zuk Z2 Pro 20170426 by Siyang (Nougat 7.1.2)

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
Hi guys, I would like to try this Rom but before only have one question. I'm on stock Zui 2.5.435ST for now, is the last AICP update (june) the full Rom or just an update ? do I have to first flash the original one from April ?
thanks for any help

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
june rom is full.rom. You can directly install it.
Delete cache, data, dalvik. Then install AICP.
Install NanoGapps from opengapps.org.
boot, ready.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
So far, I'm liking this ROM a lot more than the stock; less of a need to fuss and fiddle, for a start, and being closer to stock Android is always welcome. The Magisk root allowed me to flash Viper, too, taking care of any misgivings I had with the headphone sound.

The big negatives are my inability to use my banking app, no matter what I do, Facebook's continuing erraticism when it comes to notifications, and that big unsightly cross above my phone signal icon (where's my "4G" logo?); still, the Viper flash keeps a smile on my face despite all that fuckery.

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
AICP flashed and working great for now. Battery seems ok, I will check to compare with the stock one. In fact the only thing I miss from ZUI is the Quick Panel to swipe from the screen's bottom. I have small hands (don't worry for me) and it was quite usefull to have it that way. Screen Unlock with fingerprint is slower than stock but no big deal (maybe due to a double tap gesture I didn't see yet ?). Anyway great Rom, thanks to the developer for its work.

Jun 21, 2017
Hi, do you guys know if the author made the rom open source? I can't find his device trees, I wish to take a look at it

Inviato dal mio ZUK Z1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017
As far as I am concerned, I am confident that on my Zuk Z2 Pro, battery drain occurs when it is only in Flight Mode but not always. Before I uninstall Magisk I wanted to be sure but this behavior makes me doubt. If it were Magisk I should always have Battery Drain. Unfortunately I can not find the culprit either with Better Battery Stats. I thought I could depend on an IP Cam management app that had given me problems on another phone. Magisk is handy because it allows the need to disable the root for those App Banking App types that do not work on rooted phones. SuperSu allows this?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017
Hi, but installing SuperSu instead of Magisk what happens to the upcoming update of the AICP Rom? Do I suppose Magisk is restored? Need to uninstall SuperSu before updating? In any case I confirm that I have Battery Drain only in Flight Mode

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
if you install an AICP update you need a modified update. Otherwise MagisK will be restored again.

I suggest staying on MagisK until it is proven that MagisK is the app that troubles you in flight mode. I cant believe that by the way.

Last edited:

lxlx

Apr 16, 2017
Remove Magisk. Did you try?
No harm to remove root app.
Maybe your bank app has a static list of root app names.
My bank app works, with magisk, BTW.

ianiveri

Mar 21, 2017
I'm on Stock again and I'm missing this Rom. But I had some issues with Magisk: At first Magisk Hide worked like a charm, but due to Google updating their SafetyNet check some apps stopped working. To name a few: My bank's app, Pokemon Go and Netflix. I managed to get Netflix working but my bank's app was a little unstable, sometimes it detected root and sometimes it didn't.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
I opted for using the mobile site instead for my bank (Barclays); looking around, their app is notoriously, and intentionally, useless on rooted phones. I like the interface, and the audio gains from the root-only Viper app, too much to go back.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017
However, this thing of miss Deep Sleep in Airplane Mode is really seemingly meaningless. Every now and then without changing anything goes to Deep Sleep. There must be an unknown variable that determines behavior.