ROM AICP Zuk Z2 Pro 20170426 by Siyang (Nougat 7.1.2)

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I'm testing RR at the moment. Same dev like AICP. No big changes. Antutu shows more points. Working stable until now.

Guelle

Apr 11, 2017
I like the newest RR more. More functions as AICP. Specially the option to switch to 2G when Screen is off is very handy. I got the best battery life with the Z2pro yet.

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
I like the newest RR more. More functions as AICP. Specially the option to switch to 2G when Screen is off is very handy. I got the best battery life with the Z2pro yet.
I will give a try to RR but the feature you mentioned is also available in AICP extras (don't remember exactly where and don't have the phone on me but I saw it yesterday)

Guelle

Apr 11, 2017
I will give a try to RR but the feature you mentioned is also available in AICP extras (don't remember exactly where and don't have the phone on me but I saw it yesterday)
Oh good to know. Never saw it. Also in Airplane mode RR has no drain at all. On Aicp i had that problem frequently. The last thing where these Roms need to get better is the Camera. It is good but the Stock zui cam is still a bit better.

Jan 21, 2017
AICP extra->various shit->suspend actions

I don't get the difference between switching off data and 2g only

Jun 1, 2017
Oh good to know. Never saw it. Also in Airplane mode RR has no drain at all. On Aicp i had that problem frequently. The last thing where these Roms need to get better is the Camera. It is good but the Stock zui cam is still a bit better.
So confirm that with RR 5.8.3 Nougat there is absolutely no Battery Drain even in Airplane Mode? This is at the time the only reason that pushes me to change the rom. For the rest AICP is really great. However, if you say that RR has the same functions I feel like trying it out. Need Wipe Cache, Dalvik, Data and System? Do you need Gapps aside? Link to RR? Thank you

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
So confirm that with RR 5.8.3 Nougat there is absolutely no Battery Drain even in Airplane Mode? This is at the time the only reason that pushes me to change the rom. For the rest AICP is really great. However, if you say that RR has the same functions I feel like trying it out. Need Wipe Cache, Dalvik, Data and System? Do you need Gapps aside? Link to RR? Thank you
https://zukfans.eu/community/threads/resurrection-remix-n-5-8-2-unofficial.5700/page-12#post-52439
If you come from AICP it seems that you don't need to wipe system & data, just dalvik and cache.
Gapps ARMx64 7.1 to flash

Jun 1, 2017
Sure? I had read user with System UI crash due to dirty flash just from AICP to RR. Are you coming from AICP? I was thinking of a clean flash as there are two different roms but if you did it and that's all ok ... If I can avoid reinstalling everything I would be happy.

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
Sure? I had read user with System UI crash due to dirty flash just from AICP to RR. Are you coming from AICP? I was thinking of a clean flash as there are two different roms but if you did it and that's all ok ... If I can avoid reinstalling everything I would be happy.
No I'm not sure, still on AICP for now. Maybe should ask @weimerd , who did the jump. As far as I understand, if you come from an AOSP base, with same android version (7 to 7 or 6 to 6), you don't need to wipe data and system. You have to do this if you come from a ZUI base like GIZrom.

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
I flashed over AICP, only deleted cache/Dalvik. Ir works but almost all permissions need to be reset ;)
Thanks for sharing. Can you confirm if jumping from AOSP base to another AOSP base (AICP, RR, Mokee, LOS) and ZUI base from ZUI base (with same android version) we don't need to wipe data and system ? Just curious for future flashing.

Thanks again

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
It is a bit try and error ;)

But clearly:

Switching from 7.x.x to another 7.x.x based rom should work

Switching from 6.x.x to another 6.x.x based rom should work as well.

Switching between differend android main versions (6 to 7 or vice versa) will bring troubles anytime.

Always make a full twrp backup for all partitions. If something is not working: reload your saved Backup ;)

Guyllheaume

Jul 27, 2016
PARIS
It is a bit try and error ;)

But clearly:

Switching from 7.x.x to another 7.x.x based rom should work

Switching from 6.x.x to another 6.x.x based rom should work as well.

Switching between differend android main versions (6 to 7 or vice versa) will bring troubles anytime.

Always make a full twrp backup for all partitions. If something is not working: reload your saved Backup ;)
Thank you for tips.
Yeah I was pretty sure about Android versions but my doubt is about the Rom base.
For example :
From AICP to RR > AOSP base (Am I right ?) no worries
From ZUI to Gizrom > ZUI base (Am I right ?) no worries
From AICP to Gizrom > AOSP to ZUI base : need to wipe data and system or you'll have FC and other troubles ?