ROM AICP Zuk Z2 Pro 20170426 by Siyang (Nougat 7.1.2)

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
Tried it; system UI kept crashing during load, so now I'm testing my restore function w/AICP. Will probably need to go for clean install. Does Magisk need to be installed separately for RR?

Guelle

Apr 11, 2017
I was on AICP. Then back to stock ZUI Twrp flashable, because of the Battery drain. Then switched to RR. No problems. The way is always the same.

Make a Backup of your Apps with Titanium Backup. Then go to Twrp Recovery and make a Factory Reset only. When changing Roms its a must. Flash the Rom of your choosing. Flash Gapps on top of it. Reboot. Thats it.

Jun 1, 2017
Tried it; system UI kept crashing during load, so now I'm testing my restore function w/AICP. Will probrably need to go for clean install. Does Magisk need to be installed separately for RR?
Too bad, in the case of @Weimerd, everything went well with only Wipe Cache and Dalvik

Ramshad

Jun 13, 2017
Tried it; system UI kept crashing during load, so now I'm testing my restore function w/AICP. Will probably need to go for clean install. Does Magisk need to be installed separately for RR?
Magisk preloaded with RR so no need to flash SuperSU or magisk separately, Guys it's always clean installation is better than dirty flash

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
For anyone looking for a higher calibre of camera for their custom ROM, I decided to try the latest version of Camera Next Mod (v7) on my RR custom ROM and, so far, I'm really liking the result.

Here's the TWRP flash zip: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67403927&postcount=29

Only issues are: it doesn't appear to have JSL, the "24 hours" option seems to be missing on my Savage Blue version (try the other two), and it can sometimes quit responding if you change modes for the first time. Beyond that, this seems to be one of the higher-tier camera apps for our phone.

EDIT: Actually, the 24 hours option doesn't appear to be available on this phone; ah well, it's not like I shoot videos extensively, anyway!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017
Brazil
I know last update for AICP on Z2 PRO was on June 03 and I'm using, but yesterday I installed the AICP Clark Version for a moto X Style (pure). And for my surprise today July 01 there's an updating for same one. Is it my mistake or AICP updatings for Z2 PRO are more time consuming than other models?

Dese

Jun 1, 2017
I flashed RR over AICP with only Wipe Cache and Dalvik and I crashed System UI on boot. So before the flash I thought I would uninstall the Substratum theme I had after I backup with TB, so I did not have any more crashes and so far everything was ok. I'll see now for the Battery Drain in Airplane Mode I had on AICP.

EDIT

Nothing to do ... Battery Drain in Airplane Mode even with RR. Now do Flash clean with Wipe Cache, Dalvik, Data and System. Hope to solve ...

Last edited:

Dese

Jun 1, 2017
Even with Clean Flash of the RR, I though more rarely than the AICP, Battery Drain in Airplane Mode. Let's say it happens every 6-7 times that I put the phone in Offline. It's as if that time some process remains running at the time of putting in Offline. I have the feeling that it is some activity related to the presence of the internet and that, if interrupted by Airplane mode, causes the phone to miss Deep Sleep. To know what ....

Attachments

Jul 28, 2017
Is there any way to customize vibrator intensity? I have the June release of Siyang's AICP 12.1, but under "settings > sounds > other sounds ", I do not have a vibrator intensity option.

Screenshot_20170729-151222(1).png

Is this the same for everyone else? Or is there an easy workaround?