Android 10 for Z2 Pro soon

Starchm

Sep 12, 2017
well, if you change your phone from ZUI to a recent custom rom like ArrowOS it will feel like a brand new phone.
ZUI is a pain.

By the way: you can use GCam with CustomRoms, giving you all the abilities of Googles fancy pixel camera app.

I would change in any case just because you get latest security updates. And a recent kernel based on 4.4

I don't know anyone that went back to ZUI after changing to CustomRoms.

So feel encouraged to change ;)

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk
I went back to zui to enable carrier aggregation and back to custom after i did it :p

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
@weimerd : What's your experience so far with this Custom ROM ?!

I might need to flash it on a friend's Z2 Pro and I really want to know if it's 100% Stable or not ?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
@weimerd : What's your experience so far with this Custom ROM ?!

I might need to flash it on a friend's Z2 Pro and I really want to know if it's 100% Stable or not ?
I personally use ArrowOS 10 Official. It is stable and rock solid. There is an internal updater as well. So it is the preferred OS for Z2 Pro at the moment.

RR main development has been stopped. So there will be no RR for any device.

AEX just released an alpha version which is ok but still has some bugs.

LineageOS is just available as a test version. Working, but never will get official for Z2 Pro mkst probably.

Maybe we get AndromedaOS somewhen. But this will take a while.

Comclusion: For now use ArrowOS and be happy with it. Android 10, all is working, snappy and battery friendly :)

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
I personally use ArrowOS 10 Official. It is stable and rock solid. There is an internal updater as well. So it is the preferred OS for Z2 Pro at the moment.

RR main development has been stopped. So there will be no RR for any device.

AEX just released an alpha version which is ok but still has some bugs.

LineageOS is just available as a test version. Working, but never will get official for Z2 Pro mkst probably.

Maybe we get AndromedaOS somewhen. But this will take a while.

Comclusion: For now use ArrowOS and be happy with it. Android 10, all is working, snappy and battery friendly :)

Where is the Arrow ROM located for our device? All I see in searches is the standard Z2/Z131 variant.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
For some reason, I can't complete the reboot sequence on Arrow or AEX after installing ViPER4Android, meaning that both the module and the ROMs become unusable. Anyone found a way around this?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
For some reason, I can't complete the reboot sequence on Arrow or AEX after installing ViPER4Android, meaning that both the module and the ROMs become unusable. Anyone found a way around this?

for now only Dolby Q is working on z2_row.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
for now only Dolby Q is working on z2_row.

Dunno if this'll work for the older versions, but I finally managed to get the latest Viper module (V2.7.1.0) to work on Arrow by following these instructions:

try this, it worked for me. When you get a bootloop after installing driver, just reboot to twrp and go to file manager search for data/adb/modules/v4a change name post-fs-data.sh to post-fs-data.bak and reboot to system. This time it should boot fine and the driver should successfully install

Last edited: