AOSP Extended 8.1 vs. Cosmic OS 8.1

Prepecen

Jun 1, 2017
People who have tested both roms, which of these two has less bugs, has better battery life and is generally more stable and better than the other?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
cant be compared now. AEX is quite good. Last 5.2 gots some bugs especially with VoLTE. I wait for new Cosmic to compare.
Kernel of AEX is quite stable and battery friendly.
Kernel of new Cosmic is already promising to be quite good. Made a lot of tests already but will see how it works within the new version.

I like the look and feel of cosmic.

So lets wait some days for a better comparison ;)

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
They are a lot slower than Mokee 7.1.
Like for me Mokee is most smooth from all of roms available for our phone.
how did you maka a comparison between mokee, AEX and cosmic?

Mokee is not supporting cam2 api so you dont have GCamMod there. Speed is nearly same. But battery is better on AEX, lets see what cosmic brings in new version.

Prepecen

Jun 1, 2017
Just installed AEX 8.1 for the first time yesterday. Battery life is really good, everything works flawless and I haven't ran into any problems. I think I'm gonna stick to this rom for now.

zuldar

May 29, 2017
I prefer the cosmic just because you can disable the search bar inside the dock. However the two roms are the same for me

zuldar

May 29, 2017
It's more launcher related than the ROM itself
But you can disagree with dev's launcher choice
Yes but the launcher is integrated to the rom and sometimes the dev change it.
Some additional launcher has bug's problems with some rom.
The best for me, it's the support of each rom. And for this exemple it's the same support, we will see it in the month ahead

joe07

Aug 30, 2017
Could anyone tell me if Pokemon GO works on either of those ROMs? It sometimes has problems when running on custom ROMs.

Edit: in case anyone cares, I am on AEX 5.2 now and so far all apps that I use which usually have problems when running a custom Rom work smooth and without problems.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2016
i am on aex 5.2 , and everything seems to be good , but i face some force closing some time , and the battery life is quite good but not excellent , would you tell what is the main differences between these two roms for who tied both and why he sticks with the one he chooses .. thanks

Sent from my Z2 Pro using Tapatalk

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Hello Weimerd
after a few weeks which Rom you find most interesting between AEX and Cosmic bones
I'm at RR Rom now. Works even better than Cosmic.

RR and Cosmic is from the same maintainer dev. So They are quite familiar and bugfixes are fast.

RR basic system is better in my opponion. So dev dont need to trouble with basic rom problems that much.

Michael

Jun 30, 2017
Hey there,

Where can I find RR?
Which version is the actual one?
Is it stable?
Is it running Oreo?
Is there no thread regarding RR and our beloved zuk z2 pro?

Best regards,
Michael

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Jun 14, 2017
I'm at RR Rom now. Works even better than Cosmic.

RR and Cosmic is from the same maintainer dev. So They are quite familiar and bugfixes are fast.

RR basic system is better in my opponion. So dev dont need to trouble with basic rom problems that much.
Thanks

So RR is better than Cosmic.

But between RR and AEX which rom is the best because I use AEX since the 4.5 and I tested RR at the time who had not convinced me (lack of update (security patch) and less stable to the time. I would like a little advice from those who have tested Oreo version