Baseband / RadioModem for Z2 (plus) for twrp

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi mates,

as I got a lot of requests for providing basebands for Z2 (plus) as well I will try adding them here.
-------------------------------
ATTENTION!

Check your current baseband version first!

Your baseband is 1.70? Great! You are on ZUI China? Happy flashing!

Your baseband is 1.76? Dont flash, you will softbrick your phone. Flash ZUI China-version first.

Reason: There is a China-version (baseband 1.70) and an Indian version (baseband 1.76). The provided basebands here are China-versions only. Cannot be flashed on top of Indian version.
If you have ZUI Indian version installed install ZUI China first.

So to make it clear once and forever:
1.70 is China baseband
1.76 is India baseband
The higher version number does not say anything about it is actual newer.
ZUK decided not to change the baseband version anymore from 1.70 on. So if you want the latest baseband you have to take it out of last released ZUI.
It cannot be seen under phone info. You will always see the same number there no matter which version is installed.
Read the things above. Understand it. Don't ask me anymore to that, I'm tired of explaining always the same.

All flashings are on your own risk. I'm not responsible for any damage.
I don't have a Z2 (plus) so take care.

Use latest twrp official version to flash. Download it at www.twrp.me.
No wipes needed after flashing.

ZUK never changed baseband numbers but changed content anyway. Dont ask for changelog, there is none released by ZUK.
----------------------------
BASEBANDS / RADIO MODEMS

RadioModem Full Version ZUI 3.5.243 ST: https://mega.nz/#!hJYGQIjB!oz4INfpmc...ZRTSrULjhcWCRg

RadioModem Full Version ZUI 3.5.261 ST: (temporary offline, investigate problems with this version)

Radio Modem Full Version ZUI 3.5.377 ST:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754474260 (thx @kubersharma)

---------------------------
Notes

Offline Charging: If you run a CustomRom based on Android 8.1 that pretends to have offline charging you NEED a baseband of Oreo (ZUI 3.5.xxx) to make it work.

TroubleShooting:

Problem: After reboot your phone requires your usual pin on lock screen. But even when typing correct pin it will switch back to lock screen.

Solution: Reboot to twrp.
In twrp start file explorer (find it under advanced)
In folder data/system delete all files beginning with "locksetting". Usually one to three files.
Reboot. After reboot no pin is necessary, you need to re-setup again.

Problem: I get no LTE / 4G signal anymore. HELP!

Solution: Thanks to @vickdu31 and @juyer there is the following mini guide:

- Download 3.5 latest baseband from this post
- flash it with twrp.
- Extract .zip of baseband
- Reboot to fastboot

fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash modem NON-HLOS.bin (this file is from .zip baseband)
fastboot -i 0x2b4c erase modemst1
fastboot -i 0x2b4c erase modemst2
fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot

LTE working instantly.

all credits to
@kubersharma (explanation to difference of 1.70 and 1.76
@lixianwei1998 (providing 3.5.243 baseband)
Voske Koristel Lakra (providing 3.5.261 baseband with sensors)
@kubersharma (providing 3.5.377 baseband)

Enjoy mates

Last edited:

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
Will it relock bootloader and brick phone if i flash it on oreo 8.1 custom rom ?
it will only flash the baseband. Nothing to do with bootloader. Anyway take care to read post #1 carefully.
Try flashing 3.5.243, some users experienced problems with 3.5.261.

kretovsky

Jun 10, 2016
I have problem on zui Oreo (DEV and stable) with very unstable wifi and cellular data. YouTube lagging, twitch lagging, load every few seconds :( on zui nougat i dont experienced this problem. My baseband is 1.70

Wysłane z mojego ZUK Z2131 przy użyciu Tapatalka

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
I have problem on zui Oreo (DEV and stable) with very unstable wifi and cellular data. YouTube lagging, twitch lagging, load every few seconds :( on zui nougat i dont experienced this problem. My baseband is 1.70

If you unlocked bootloader and got twrp you could flash baseband of 3.5.243.
If you are on locked ZUI then enjoy ZUI and wait for update ;)

kretovsky

Jun 10, 2016
If you unlocked bootloader and got twrp you could flash baseband of 3.5.243.
If you are on locked ZUI then enjoy ZUI and wait for update ;)
What baseband version is in zui 3.5.243? I have twrp, i have unlocked bootloader.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
What baseband version is in zui 3.5.243? I have twrp, i have unlocked bootloader.

baseband is ZUI 3.5.243. It is China 1.70 baseband version ZUI 3.5.243.

ZUK is not changing version number even if they change function.

There are several different basebands all with same version number. Thats why it is the best to categorize the baseband to the corresponding ZUI version.

See post #1 for ZUI 3.5.243 baseband download.

Jun 1, 2017
Hello,

I'm still under Nougat (Dirty Unicorns) with a 1.70 baseband. Is the baseband provided here expected to work with Android 7.1?

Thanks a lot

Jun 1, 2017
baseband should work with any Android version.
Anyway: If you dont need to update just dont update ;)
Thanks for your answer. I experience quite often 3G and 4G disconnections (often have to switch to airplane mode and back to connected mode to get the connection back up) and I was wondering if a new baseband would help. I'm still not sure I will update :)

Jun 1, 2017
Update: I flashed the baseband RadioModem Full Version ZUI 3.5.243 ST on a Dirty Unicorns ROM (Nougat) and it works perfectly so far. I'll try to see if it improves my connection stability over time.

Thanks a lot!

murak

Feb 25, 2017
Update: I flashed the baseband RadioModem Full Version ZUI 3.5.243 ST on a Dirty Unicorns ROM (Nougat) and it works perfectly so far. I'll try to see if it improves my connection stability over time.

Thanks a lot!
Hi! Did it change anything for you? Thanks!

Dinko

May 12, 2017
my zuk z2 plus no signal, i'm already flashing all baseband, and i'm already flashing QFIL rom its same, the problem is my phone antenna cable flex or baseband? maybe someone have same problem before and solved? the phone read simcard but the signal indicator is x no signal