Battery life on latest AEX and RR

ThomasTL

Apr 8, 2018
Right now I'm on the latest RR and with my phone both latest AEX and RR seem to have not so good battery performance. With some Video, surfing and music I could get around 5 hours sot (with RR 13.04. it was around 6-7). Could it be that treble functionality uses more battery?

Also I flashed back and forth from AEX to RR via clean flash (wipe everything except sd and usbOTG). While everything worked fine, I wonder whether it could help to go back to latest stock rom and restart from there?
(and if so, how?)

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Latest RR for sure.
Playing games and watching videos:
Screenshot_Configurações_20180501-094723.png

You cant get that on latest stock rom

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Im using arnova v6, dont need to configure anything.
I just set +hdr to high and jpeg quality to 100%

ThomasTL

Apr 8, 2018
I'm on latest AEX with latest nameless kernel. Depending on what I do (audio, video, text websites, WhatsApp,...) I get around 1,5 to 2 days standby with 4 to 5 hours screen on time.

Right now I use kernel adiutor but get the impression, that my supposedly battery saving settings don't do much or maybe no difference at all. I have
big 1708 Mhz max with darkness
little 1401 max with elementalx
I/O: Read ahead 1024, no statistics
swappiness and Z-Ram to 0.

Any ideas for optimization? Are the CPU Hotplug options of any use? Also if I reflashed nameless kernel, would this reset my settings? If the kernel is that well optimised, I wonder if kernel adiutor makes any sense.

Sep 25, 2017
I'm on latest AEX with latest nameless kernel. Depending on what I do (audio, video, text websites, WhatsApp,...) I get around 1,5 to 2 days standby with 4 to 5 hours screen on time.

Right now I use kernel adiutor but get the impression, that my supposedly battery saving settings don't do much or maybe no difference at all. I have
big 1708 Mhz max with darkness
little 1401 max with elementalx
I/O: Read ahead 1024, no statistics
swappiness and Z-Ram to 0.

Any ideas for optimization? Are the CPU Hotplug options of any use? Also if I reflashed nameless kernel, would this reset my settings? If the kernel is that well optimised, I wonder if kernel adiutor makes any sense.

Hello, I suffer with a rapid battery loss, could you send me the screenshots of the configuration quoted in the comment

ThomasTL

Apr 8, 2018
Sure. Though I doubt that it will help much, since I had similar results while just using nameless kernel R17 without kernel adiutor

Edit: From my knowledge you just have to try, since some users have great battery life with certain versions while others have bad battery drain. Also in the past kernel adiutor helped me to get similar battery life on aex compared to rr.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017
[QUOTE = "ThomasTL, post: 78960, membro: 19211"] Claro. Embora eu duvido que isso ajude muito, já que eu tive resultados similares enquanto estava usando apenas o kernel sem nome R17 sem o kernel adiutor

Edit: Do meu conhecimento você só tem que tentar, uma vez que alguns usuários têm grande duração da bateria com certas versões, enquanto outros têm dreno de bateria ruim. Também no passado o adiutor do kernel me ajudou a obter uma vida de bateria similar em comparação com rr. [/ QUOTE]

obrigado amigo

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
[QUOTE = "ThomasTL, post: 78960, membro: 19211"] Claro. Embora eu duvido que isso ajude muito, já que eu tive resultados similares enquanto estava usando apenas o kernel sem nome R17 sem o kernel adiutor

Edit: Do meu conhecimento você só tem que tentar, uma vez que alguns usuários têm grande duração da bateria com certas versões, enquanto outros têm dreno de bateria ruim. Também no passado o adiutor do kernel me ajudou a obter uma vida de bateria similar em comparação com rr. [/ QUOTE]

obrigado amigo
ENGLISH! ;)