(DEEP FLASH) Revive your zuk z2 from HARD BRICK state. 9008 mode easily

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
Hello everyone!!

I have seen many help posts about hard brick of z2 while playing with custom roms.
So i am gonna make this guide.

If your phone doesn't respond to any key. When you press power key just little vibrate and led flash. When connecting to pc if your phone is shown as 900E mode in device manager then this guide gonna help.

Lets start!
First completely power off your phone.

To do this "Press the power key for 10-15 second, lil vibration and led flashes. Keep pressing till 2nd vibration. Then immediately leave power button."

Now phone is complete switched off.

Then the hard part comes. Taking phone to 9008 mode. 9008 mode is emergency download mode (edl).
Without taking to 9008 mode we cant flash the rom. So its must be taken to 9008 mode
20170123_195211.jpg

To take phone to 9008 mode you should cut the outer cover of cable as shown in attachment.

Strip the data cable so that we can see the inner wires. There you can see 4 wires. Cut the outer skin of green and black wires so that we can see the inner conducting part. Then short circuit them. Make sure both wires touch each
other.

If you dont want to cut inner wires take a thin needle. Pierce green and black wire with needle. Make sure needle touch inner region of both wire.
Tools_22_Eng.jpg

Now make sure that your phone is completely off. Then its time to connect to the pc.

Make sure both wire are touched properly. Then connect the usb to pc. (Only connect in USB 2.0 PORT). No sound comes if done properly. Pc wont recognize till now.

After about 4 seconds separate green and black cable.
If you using needle then pull out the needle.

If you have been successful phone goes to deep flash mode that is 9008 mode.

If it goes to 900E mode. Keep those wires touched. Keep mobile connected to pc. And power off the phonei.e pressing power buttom for long second till vibrations.
Then after 3-4 second after power off untouch both wires. Itll go to 9008.

If successful then you can flash easily via Miflash. Miflash gives hello packet error. Restart pc, change USB port, take phone out if edl by long pressing power and again take back to edl.

(Never restore twrp backup made by one twrp with another one. I mean if you installed Fedor one then backeed up. Then you flashed official twrp. Then if you try to restore the backup made by Fedor twrp with official one your phone gonna hard brick after you restart.

I did it twice to confirm. )[/ATTACH]

For the proper driver and firmware visit below thread.
And use xiaomi MiFlash to flash as its too easy.

http://zukfans.eu/community/threads/howto-flash-a-stock-zui-rom-zuk-z2-z2131-only.104/

If this helped you press like button ;)

Last edited:

costin85

Dec 21, 2016
Yeah may be.
But i havent used hangsung much so no idea :D
Well, it's kind of like this, but instead of shorting wires, we used to cut the cable completly an solder a 301 kohm resistor between the cables.
Can't remember exacltly which ones, but you get the point.
I still have one of those.
Man, what a time to be alive.
:)

Aug 30, 2016
Make sure both wire are touched properly. Then connect the usb to pc. (Only connect in USB 2.0 PORT). No sound comes if done properly. Pc wont recognize till now.

@Toxic09 Do you mean, that the cable is already plugged into the mobile device? After that you have to combine the two wires and plug the cable into the usb-port of the PC? Wait for 4 sec and release the wire connection?

THX mate

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
@Toxic09 Do you mean, that the cable is already plugged into the mobile device? After that you have to combine the two wires and plug the cable into the usb-port of the PC? Wait for 4 sec and release the wire connection?

THX mate
Yes plug the usb c cable to mobile
Then join green and black wire
Then connect the phone to pc
After 4 sec separate those wires with phone still connected

Itll show 9008 mode if done correctly

Jan 6, 2017
Well about 5-10 times :D

But I have unbricked from this method 3 times my phone

Have patience and do
Itll surely work
@Toxic09 thank you for this.

I wanted to ask if I could help by rewriting your tutorial. I know Your first language might not be English, and I have personally been very frustrated by reading badly written guides by well intentioned people.

Let me know if I can help.

Also, can we please sticky/pin this thread to the top?

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
@Toxic09 thank you for this.

I wanted to ask if I could help by rewriting your tutorial. I know Your first language might not be English, and I have personally been very frustrated by reading badly written guides by well intentioned people.

Let me know if I can help.

Also, can we please sticky/pin this thread to the top?
Well sticking the thread is admins job.
I cant do anything

And what didnt you not understand
Yeah english is not my primary language
Where are you confused.
I would be happy to make it clear

Jan 6, 2017
Well sticking the thread is admins job.
I cant do anything

And what didnt you not understand
Yeah english is not my primary language
Where are you confused.
I would be happy to make it clear
I didn't say I was confused, I also did not ask you specifically to sticky the thread, I wrote it so that an admin can see it.

Some examples of what I mean are:

"Taking phone to 9008 mode." should be "Putting the phone into 9008 mode" and maybe also add what 9008 mode is.
"Peel of the data cable." could be clarified as "strip the data cable to expose the inner wires"

Just small changes to make your guide better. I know when I have been already frustrated by a bricked phone all these small things make it worse and more difficult to follow the instructions.

Aug 21, 2016
Hello everyone!!

I have seen many help posts about hard brick of z2 while playing with custom roms.
So i am gonna make this guide.

If your phone doesn't respond to any key. When you press power key just little vibrate and led flash. When connecting to pc if your phone is shown as 900E mode in device manager then this guide gonna help.

Lets start!
First completely power off your phone.

To do this "Press the power key for 10-15 second, lil vibration and led flashes. Keep pressing till 2nd vibration. Then immediately leave power button."

Now phone is complete switched off.

Then the hard part comes. Taking phone to 9008 mode. 9008 mode is emergency download mode (edl).
Without taking to 9008 mode we cant flash the rom. So its must be taken to 9008 mode
View attachment 1047

To take phone to 9008 mode you should cut the outer cover of cable as shown in attachment.

Strip the data cable so that we can see the inner wires. There you can see 4 wires. Cut the outer skin of green and black wires so that we can see the inner conducting part. Then short circuit them. Make sure both wires touch each
other.

If you dont want to cut inner wires take a thin needle. Pierce green and black wire with needle. Make sure needle touch inner region of both wire.
View attachment 1087

Now make sure that your phone is completely off. Then its time to connect to the pc.

If you using needle then pull out the needle.

If you have been successful phone goes to deep flash mode that is 9008 mode.

If not recognized again try from first step. i.e pressing power buttom for long second till vibrations.
Then again repeat same process.

If successful then you can flash easily via Miflash. Miflash gives hello packet error. Restart pc, change USB port, take phone out if edl by long pressing power and again take back to edl.

(Never restore twrp backup made by one twrp with another one. I mean if you installed Fedor one then backeed up. Then you flashed official twrp. Then if you try to restore the backup made by Fedor twrp with official one your phone gonna hard brick after you restart.

I did it twice to confirm. )[/ATTACH]
You actually dont need to destroy the cable use this :http://en.miui.com/thread-310325-1-1.html
Just need some copper .I have tested it and it worked .Just be carefull only touch the one channel .

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
You actually dont need to destroy the cable use this :http://en.miui.com/thread-310325-1-1.html
Just need some copper .I have tested it and it worked .Just be carefull only touch the one channel .
I know but that didnt work for me.
And when our phone is hard bricked we are too pissed off. So cutting cable would be easier rather then that method as it is sure shot.. The wire always misplaced for me when putting inside usb.
So made me more pissed off when mine was bricked

Abhinav

Jan 5, 2017
Did it work?
I have only one Usb-tipe C cable, don't wont to waste it.
Yep! I also didn't want to spoil my original type c cable hence came up with this. This cable was 1.2 meter in length but then there will be signal loss due to bad quality of the cable so I just short it that much length.

If you have push switch, you can soldier that to black and green to the switch so those can be short-circuited easily

Aug 21, 2016
Did it work?
I have only one Usb-tipe C cable, don't wont to waste it.
try the method i quoted before a lot easier ..
And when our phone is hard bricked we are too pissed off. So cutting cable would be easier rather then that method as it is sure shot.. The wire always misplaced for me when putting inside usb.
mine worked with the first try so i found it easy <3

Mattemaio

Nov 29, 2016
I'm trying from an hour with a jump cable, but the phone is always recognized as 900E...
Can be that it's don't turn off? (I press power button until the second "blink")
Can be that i haven't the right qualcomm driver installed?

Last edited: