(DEEP FLASH) Revive your zuk z2 from HARD BRICK state. 9008 mode easily

Jan 11, 2017
Hi, I am Shammiul from Bangladesh, I got my Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus from Australia. it had Indian Rom Zui 2.21 and I was okay with it. 3 Days ago I saw thread on xda forum about Zui 3.5 has been out and lots of people flashed it with different types of process. I flashed my with twrp first and it went chinese and after passing the setup and connected to wifi, it had a endless loop of updating the phone please wait in Chinese, I used google translate to read the chinese text. later I rebooted again to twrp and found another rom of 3.5. i wiped the phone from twrp and then flashed it. after that my phone gone hard bricked! :S no light is on, screen is dark, force power off ain't working, nothing is working. But If i put the data cable to pc, if can find zuk pro and zuk cd rom where it has it's driver. My windows is windows 10 the newest built. i tried to follow the port 9008 thingy, I could not find it! I am in deep shit. what do I do now? anyone can give me solution on this? :s it would be very helpful. please this is a S.O.S.; someone please help me with this. looking forward to your positive reply with solution to my problem.

hugo9191

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, I am Shammiul from Bangladesh, I got my Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus from Australia. it had Indian Rom Zui 2.21 and I was okay with it. 3 Days ago I saw thread on xda forum about Zui 3.5 has been out and lots of people flashed it with different types of process. I flashed my with twrp first and it went chinese and after passing the setup and connected to wifi, it had a endless loop of updating the phone please wait in Chinese, I used google translate to read the chinese text. later I rebooted again to twrp and found another rom of 3.5. i wiped the phone from twrp and then flashed it. after that my phone gone hard bricked! :S no light is on, screen is dark, force power off ain't working, nothing is working. But If i put the data cable to pc, if can find zuk pro and zuk cd rom where it has it's driver. My windows is windows 10 the newest built. i tried to follow the port 9008 thingy, I could not find it! I am in deep shit. what do I do now? anyone can give me solution on this? :s it would be very helpful. please this is a S.O.S.; someone please help me with this. looking forward to your positive reply with solution to my problem.
try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/le...cover-hard-brick-900e-revive-z2-data-t3617551

pelepako

Jan 20, 2019
Hi! I think I need to ask help now.

I've managed to hard brick my Z2 with QFIL trying to update the phone from zui 2.something to 3.5. Well obviously that did not end up good.

My phone went to a stage described in some cases: White light blinking every 15 seconds or something and phone vibrating. Ok, I tried to shut the phone down by keeping and releasing after second blink. Did not work. Then I tried to hold for two or more minutes. It seemed to work first but suddenly also that didnt work (kept power pushed for ten minutes or more). Ok, the I made the cable described here. I did a jumper cable from my usb extension cord. Windows reacted to the phone but did not recognize it. Nothing showed up in device manager or QFIL or MiFlash. The phone keeped on vibrating and a left it like this for the night. I guess battery ran out and phone finally shutdown.

I continued and same results. One time windows recognized a unknown device for some seconds but it did not show up in device manager or MiFlash. After that nothing. Now the phone only blinks the light. It vibrates only when trying to charge it or plugged in PC. I don't now if it's on or not. Anyways, the same results with windows: reaction, but no recognition. I've tried to pull usb out and change to another slot etc.

Also I've installed Zuk 1.05 drivers, MiFlash and tried also with Qualcomm drivers. Uninstalled everything and tried again. Nothing seems to help.

Could this be because of Windows 7? Or bad extension cord? Or what...? Any advice would be appreciated.

edit: It was not Windows problem I guess. I installed fresh Windows 10 with no help. Actually worse. No Windows is not reacting at all. Maybe it's the jumper cable I created. I didn't want to ruin my only USB-C.

editedit: Ok.Back to Win7. Now there is no reaction at all also in Win7. The phone vibrates when connected to pc. Otherwise phone seems to be off. No lights flashing. If power is held down white led flashes briefly but no vibration.

Last edited:

pelepako

Jan 20, 2019
After also bricking my phone I followed the various suggested steps and was a bit hesitant to create a deep flash cable but in the end I chopped up one of my usb c-type cables and went ahead. It all seemed to go ok, I managed to get into 9008 mode quite easily but the trouble began later. After I rebooted my laptop the same procedure didn't seem to work anymore. When I switch the phone off by long pressing the power button until after the second vibration, I then plug in the phone while shorting the black and green wires, releasing them after about 4 seconds. Sometimes this results in the Z2 vibrating briefly around every second and not stopping until I either short the green and black wires again or just unplug the phone. Another result is sometimes that the laptop keeps sounding as if a usb plug is inserted into a usb port, over and over again. What am I doing wrong here?
I'm curious. Did you get your phone working ever? I've got similar symptoms and nothing seems to help. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Jan 4, 2018
Toxic09, thanks for your help.

I also didn't like the idea of chopping up either of my cables:
Check out how I made mine. I used a 1 inch USB extension, But the same could easily be made with a USB OTG. I personally would rather my PC get the abuse, the phone gets enough as it is. ;)
temporaryGround.jpg

Jan 4, 2018
Oh on a side note, I was so excited to see my phone displayed in QFIL I may have immediately pressed download, and by the time I realized I never disconnected the ground from the data- (phone's TX) as you said, but did not want to interrupt it any way. It said success, but it did not reboot. I was worried it had failed because it was being shown as a storage device for the driver, but not in adb fastboot, or edl and did not seem to be doing anything. I was holding a volume button when i finally saw the blue zuk logo/color mash-up and it made its first boot.