(DEEP FLASH) Revive your zuk z2 from HARD BRICK state. 9008 mode easily

edwib202

May 26, 2017
My zuk is bricked just like your was @Toxic09 . I can't turn off my phone, i tried pressing the button till the 3rd blink of LED, holding vilume+ and power, but with no result.

Last edited:

Mustafa M

Jul 8, 2017
Hello everyone!!

I have seen many help posts about hard brick of z2 while playing with custom roms.
So i am gonna make this guide.

If this helped you press like button ;)
Hi I got my phone bricked when I tried to re-lock the bootloader using fastboot having customer recovery (twrp) and custom rom. Symptom was same but I did not need to do any h/w tricks with cables or opening up my Z2 Plus (India Model). I used the steps in threads - how-to-unbrick-zuk-z2-from-diagnostic-port-900e.2856 to get to the 9008 mode from 900e and used QFIL to flash the stock ROM. Important thing to note, start the download in QFIL as soon as you enter the 9008 mode, do not attempt to un-plug and re-plug the phone else it goes those Sahara failed errors and phone remains bricked. I have successfully recovered my Z2 Plus using the ZUI 2.0.093 Stock ROM and also have done a OTA update to 2.0.133. Will try the nougat update later.

Aug 17, 2017
My ZUK Z2 couldn't be turned on, had just the white led on all the time.

I've done all those procedures to get in the 9008 mode, flashed the Indian rom 2.0.093 with the QFIL, then I've done a OTA update to 2.0.133, but after that it got back to the original state. Now it won't turn on anymore and has this f... led on. :mad:

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem? :(

dhanny

May 29, 2017
Hello bro and sis

I have troble zuk z2.
stcuk at logo white zuk and now stuck at logo blue

first i wanna reflashing via twrp but fail, and i try with QFIL fail to,
and then i have troble with my twrp . stuck in loader with update instal packege,

in twrp menu only have 3 button 1. Reboot 2. instal update packege 3.power off,
i tap instal upadte packege, but device respone is failur update, and back to menu 3 button.
and now icant go to main menu twrp

second i cant go find my device at ADB, and i cant go to EDL mode at my device, when i write :

C:\adbnew>adb devices
List of devices attached
? unauthorized

that my error

but FYI i can go to my fastboot
any body can tell me, tutorial for fix my trouble

Feb 24, 2017
hello

my phone is bricked with dark screen and no led, no vibration when I push power etc.

If I plug it to a PC on usb, it is recognized as port 9008 - BUT:

when I try to flash with qfil I get saharafail (ROM folder is named z2 and it's in C:)
when I try with MiFlash I have hello packet error.

what is that I am missing? some drivers issue? not reaching EDL?
any hint anyone?

michalko

Sep 12, 2017
hello

my phone is bricked with dark screen and no led, no vibration when I push power etc.

when I try to flash with qfil I get saharafail (ROM folder is named z2 and it's in C:)

any hint anyone?

Having the same problem - any ideas?

michalko

Sep 12, 2017
hello

any hint anyone?

hello

any hint anyone?

Found a solution - Immediately after it connects to QFIL you have to click Download Content and the Sahara problem will not occur any more :)

Feb 24, 2017
Nope. I tried like 20 times. I always get "target doesn't receive your <configure>".
any other hint? more detailed explanation of which Sahara errors did you get and how did you solve?

what I got is that I am stuck in EDL/download mode, and I could have a fried eMMC chip :(

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
there are many kinds of sahara errors. It would be helpful that we start considering the differences.
I get : your target refused your <configure>.
this doesn't sound too much linked to the path of the folder.... so I wonder if moving the ROM folder may help (now is in C:\ anyway).
Anyway I will try again and let you know.

AyCaramba

Oct 3, 2017
After also bricking my phone I followed the various suggested steps and was a bit hesitant to create a deep flash cable but in the end I chopped up one of my usb c-type cables and went ahead. It all seemed to go ok, I managed to get into 9008 mode quite easily but the trouble began later. After I rebooted my laptop the same procedure didn't seem to work anymore. When I switch the phone off by long pressing the power button until after the second vibration, I then plug in the phone while shorting the black and green wires, releasing them after about 4 seconds. Sometimes this results in the Z2 vibrating briefly around every second and not stopping until I either short the green and black wires again or just unplug the phone. Another result is sometimes that the laptop keeps sounding as if a usb plug is inserted into a usb port, over and over again. What am I doing wrong here?

michalko

Sep 12, 2017
there are many kinds of sahara errors. It would be helpful that we start considering the differences.
I get : your target refused your <configure>.
this doesn't sound too much linked to the path of the folder.... so I wonder if moving the ROM folder may help (now is in C:\ anyway).
Anyway I will try again and let you know.
move it to C:/zuk and do not have any other folders. For me, it worked to immediately click download content - someone else posted this solution in 'normal' (non-brick) problems with flashing, so I gave it a shout... Sorry to hear it won`t work for you. I guess the deep flash cable is the only way now.

Mar 16, 2017
I can get my Z2 to fastboot mode and into TWRP but cant flash anything using QFIL or Miflash, any advice would be very welcome...

Sep 10, 2017
You actually dont need to destroy the cable use this :http://en.miui.com/thread-310325-1-1.html
Just need some copper .I have tested it and it worked .Just be carefull only touch the one channel .
thank you very much sir because of this comment i could revive my zuk z2, the thing is that my zuk wouldnt turn off, didnt matter what I tried to turn it off so i could do the copper wire procedure but instead, it vibrated every 20 seconds or so, could never turn it off, it wouldnt turn off, i tried everything from the foruns, and finally i thought, well , im gonna open my device back cover, removed the battery plug, reconected, then with a thin copper wire i placed it in the usb end of the charger cable, first connected the phone and then in the pc, removed the wire and voila! it entered the 9008 thingie and i flashed zui 1.9.044

Feb 15, 2017
Hello everyone!!

I have seen many help posts about hard brick of z2 while playing with custom roms.
So i am gonna make this guide.

If your phone doesn't respond to any key. When you press power key just little vibrate and led flash. When connecting to pc if your phone is shown as 900E mode in device manager then this guide gonna help.

Lets start!
First completely power off your phone.

To do this "Press the power key for 10-15 second, lil vibration and led flashes. Keep pressing till 2nd vibration. Then immediately leave power button."

Now phone is complete switched off.

Then the hard part comes. Taking phone to 9008 mode. 9008 mode is emergency download mode (edl).
Without taking to 9008 mode we cant flash the rom. So its must be taken to 9008 mode
View attachment 1047

To take phone to 9008 mode you should cut the outer cover of cable as shown in attachment.

Strip the data cable so that we can see the inner wires. There you can see 4 wires. Cut the outer skin of green and black wires so that we can see the inner conducting part. Then short circuit them. Make sure both wires touch each
other.

If you dont want to cut inner wires take a thin needle. Pierce green and black wire with needle. Make sure needle touch inner region of both wire.
View attachment 1087

Now make sure that your phone is completely off. Then its time to connect to the pc.

Make sure both wire are touched properly. Then connect the usb to pc. (Only connect in USB 2.0 PORT). No sound comes if done properly. Pc wont recognize till now.

After about 4 seconds separate green and black cable.
If you using needle then pull out the needle.

If you have been successful phone goes to deep flash mode that is 9008 mode.

If it goes to 900E mode. Keep those wires touched. Keep mobile connected to pc. And power off the phonei.e pressing power buttom for long second till vibrations.
Then after 3-4 second after power off untouch both wires. Itll go to 9008.

If successful then you can flash easily via Miflash. Miflash gives hello packet error. Restart pc, change USB port, take phone out if edl by long pressing power and again take back to edl.

(Never restore twrp backup made by one twrp with another one. I mean if you installed Fedor one then backeed up. Then you flashed official twrp. Then if you try to restore the backup made by Fedor twrp with official one your phone gonna hard brick after you restart.

I did it twice to confirm. )[/ATTACH]

For the proper driver and firmware visit below thread.
And use xiaomi MiFlash to flash as its too easy.

http://zukfans.eu/community/threads/howto-flash-a-stock-zui-rom-zuk-z2-z2131-only.104/

If this helped you press like button ;)
thanks dude which helped finally super dude.

Dec 23, 2017
@Toxic09
u are meracle man.....from the last three days i was very worried.....tried numerous process......but at last your process worked.....my phone is safe now....thanks a lot......