Disassembly ZUK Z2 Pro / Camera Replacement

makkus

Mar 23, 2017
Hey guys,

this forum helped me a lot with regards to settings / installs etc so I wanted to give something back.

Last year I broke the back glass /protective / lens of my back camera (I call it lens now as the supplier does). I searched the whole net for tutorials on how to replace the camera and I figured that there is also a lot of uncertainty here in the main forum. Even until the end for me it was not clear which parts I needed. First I bought the camera only but then I realised that the lens is not part of the camera but of the middle frame inside the case so I needed to order this in addition. And then as a bonus, I broke the back glass while opening the case so I needed to order that as well. :D

I worked with the following tutorials to disassemble and remount all the parts of the phone:

And here are the parts and suppliers I bought from:

And to maybe add. This is the toolbox I used to do the work. In my opinion it is of good quality and for a good price:

For me it perfectly went fine and I had no problems to install. Of course I give NO WARRANTY neither am I in any case reliable for what you are doing with your phones or which parts and tools you buy.

Just to note again: YOU REALLY NEED TO BE CAUTIOUS WITH THE BACK GLASS. I broke it while trying to open it.

So far from me. I hope this can help some of you guys! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Either here or on Twitter @makk_us.

Best
Markus

Last edited by a moderator:

Angekcc

Jun 30, 2017
Could you give me a hand to change the speaker for calls?

Podrías echarme una mano para cambiar el altavoz para las llamadas?

Last edited:

makkus

Mar 23, 2017
Unfortunately not. I only changed the parts described above. But I think in the video they disassemble the whole phone.

However, it would be nice if you could keep us up to date with links to spare parts and problems you faced. So we can enlarge this thread.

Good luck!

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Angekcc

Jun 30, 2017
Unfortunately not. I only changed the parts described above. But I think in the video they disassemble the whole phone.

However, it would be nice if you could keep us up to date with links to spare parts and problems you faced. So we can enlarge this thread.

Good luck!

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk
If I will inform you. I have already opened the mobile phone. And the speaker sounded low, but it sounded. I hoped it was an obstruction of the regilla. But it was not like that. I bought these speakers on AliExpress: € 0,80 21%de DESCUENTO | Cltgxdd 2 piezas auricular receptor altavoz para Lenovo ZUK Z1 Z1221 Z2 Pro Z2Pro Z2121 borde conector de auriculares
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b8INDzRw
In theory it is quite simple to change it.
1. Remove the glass lid.
2. Remove all screws. I took a picture to know where the black screws and the raised ones were going.
3. Remove the plastic cover. Be very careful on the side edges of the frame that border the battery. You can split
4.There is no need to dismantle anything else. The speaker is visible and can be replaced

I'm waiting for the speaker to arrive. When you receive it, cmabie and try to edit the message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si os informaré. Ya he abierto el teléfono móvil. Y el altavoz sonaba bajo, pero sonaba. Tenía la esperanza que fuera una obstrucción de la regilla. Pero no fue así. He comprado estos altavoces en AliExpress. En teoría es bastante sencillo cambiarlo.
1. Quitar la tapa de cristal.
2. Quitar todos los tornillos. Hice una fotografía para saber donde iban los tornillos negros y los planteados.
3. Quitar la cubierta de plástico. Tener mucho cuidado en los bordes laterales del marco que limitan con la batería. Se pueden partir
4.Ya no hay que desmontar nada más. El altavoz queda a la vista y puede sustituirse

Estoy a la espera que me llegue el altavoz. Cuando lo reciba, lo cmabie y pruebe edito el mensaje.

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited: