ROM [DISCONTINUED] [7.1.2] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (20171210)

Cosme

Jul 12, 2017

Disclaimer

Code:
/**
*  You flash this ROM at your own risk and responsibility.
*  This ROM is provided without ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, not even the warranty that it works.
*  None of the developers of this ROM will be held accountable for any damages, complaints or thermonuclear war.
**/
Introduction

This is LineageOS 14.1 for our ZUK Z2 Pro (z2_row, z2121).

This ROM is mainly an adaptation of fedor917 and davidevinavil's superb work on this device. My sources are continuously being updated to their changes and improved to better work for LineageOS.

Features
  • LineageOS 14.1 with Android 7.1.2, including all features from LineageOS.
  • Always updated to the latest upstream sources and security patches
  • Clean builds without any additional bloatware
  • Updated every 2/4 weeks
Known Issues

You can view a list of the currently open known issues at the Github issue page for the device sources.

Requirements
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Latest TWRP (Link)
  • Reading this whole post. If you don't read the post, it's important that you read at least the FAQ. If you don't read it and then ask stupid questions, I reserve my right to make fun of you.
  • Your Z2 Pro and your brains :D
Installation instructions
  1. Wipe system, cache and dalvik
  2. If not flashing over a LineageOS 14.1 build, wipe data
  3. Flash the ROM
  4. Flash root if you want (Link)
  5. Flash GAPPS if wanted (Link, select arm64, android 7.1. Also I recommend pico variant)
  6. Reboot
Downloads and changelogs

PLEASE, DO NOT MIRROR
All releases: Link

Credits

Thanks to Fedor, Davide, dd3, varontone, SuperLamic, francesco and all other contributors!

Dev information

Contributors
varotone, davidevinavil, fedor917, CallMESuper, SuperLamic, IronColeman, cosmedd, many others
Source Code: https://github.com/z2-dev/

(pull request welcome ;))

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Last edited:

Cosme

Jul 12, 2017
FAQ
Does this ROM have OTA updates?

Yes.

WiFi not working?
Please make sure you're on the latest baseband before reporting these bugs. Also remember that flashing a new baseband may re-lock your bootloader and you'll have to unlock it again. Search the forum for more info.

LTE/Calls not working?
Please make sure you're on the latest baseband before reporting these bugs. Also remember that flashing a new baseband may re-lock your bootloader and you'll have to unlock it again. Search the forum for more info.

The U-Touch settings are not in my language?

Some of the U-Touch strings were added by Fedor and others by varotone. I don't know any languages other than Spanish and English.
If you want to translate the settings, send me a DM with this file translated to your language, plus which language it is and from which country. You can also send pull requests - do NOT open issues for this.

What's with the root in this ROM?
LineageOS have dropped prerooted roms in favor of a separate root addon. It is the one linked in the first post. This is managed in "Developer options" after you've flashed it.
You can also flash other root options (SuperSU, Magisk, etc.) if you prefer.

How can I contribute to this ROM?
You can contribute to my sources on GitHub by doing pull requests or issues. If you're serious about it, contact me and we can setup an organization.
You can also contributing by reporting bugs and errors, always accompanied by a logcat and a sufficient description of the bug. Please check it's not a known bug first.

Can you add PIE controls / Omniswitch / this app...?
No. I only build clean, bloatware-free LineageOS ROMs, without any extras.

You're running late on your updates!
This is not my job, and I actually have one. I will try to update frequently but I cannot promise anything.

Reporting bugs
Should I report this bug?

If you find a bug you want to report, please check these things first:
  • It's actually a bug:
    Missing functionalities generally are not bugs. Bugs are things that are there, are supposed to work, but don't work. For example: camera crashes are bugs, but "there isn't a navbar option" isn't.
    As stated in the FAQ, I only build clean LineageOS, so only things in base LineageOS will make it to the rom.
    If some functionality is missing, wait until LineageOS includes it, do not ask me. This includes: navbar options, more quicksettings tiles, theme engine, etc.
  • It's not already been reported:
    Check the "Known Issues" list in the first post, and see if your bug is there before reporting it.
  • It's related to the ROM itself:
    I will only accept bug reports related to the ROM. That means I won't accept bugs related to DivineBeats, Xposed, Atmos or any other addons. Those addons have their own support threads in xda or similar forums.

How do I report this bug?
Once you confirm you've got a bug and it's not been reported yet, you shall do the following:
  1. Capture a log.
    There are plenty of tutorials on using logcat on the internet. You should reboot the phone, reproduce the bug and capture the logcat then. Do not send me logcats when the phone it's been on for hours.
  2. Send the bug report.
    Either make a post here, or open an issue in the github page. Make sure to write a sufficient description of the bug and instructions to reproduce it, and attach (attach, NOT paste) the relevant logs.
Bonus - dmesg: There's another type of log apart from logcat which is also useful called the dmesg. Again, there are tutorials on the internet on how to capture one. If you can also provide a dmesg, besides the logcat, that would be great! But remember, logcat is essential, I can't do anything without a logcat.

Bonus 2 - ramoops: If the phone hangs (black screen with led) you can get the logs by rebooting and getting the console ramoops:
Code:
adb shell cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops > ramoops.txt
Run this code on your computer after a reboot to get your ramoops log.

My bug is already reported, how can I help?
You can read the relevant GitHub issue and provide any missing relevant information via comments. If you see a bug with the needs-logs tag, that means no logs are available, so you can contribute by providing them.
NOTE: "I also have this bug" is NOT relevant information if the bug is already verified. Such comments will be deleted, and their author shamed. You've been warned.

Based on varotone FAQ for z2_plus.

Last edited:

almmpt

Aug 8, 2016
Can you out here the link of original thread on OP?

I try this Lineage OS 14.1 as secondary ROM.

My first ROM for now is AEX 4.4 Awesome ROM from awesome developoer.

Michael

Jun 30, 2017
@almmpt
Can you compare aex and lineageos for us?
Which one should be better?
Do not know about pros and cons, would be interested.
And furthermore camera and battery life.
But aex is awesome, I enjoy it every day.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I shortly tested it. Smooth, Antutu 144k.
I installed Gapps, all worked good so far.

But just a short test, later I may know more ;)

crisps

Aug 28, 2016
Link fixed....

As he use source from davidevilnavil, same kernel and etc..
Should be same Performance as AEX..

But thx anyway and good job

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I just started LOS again. Seems it is really the same kernel like AEX.

LOS seems not to have too much additional settings.
Scrolling seems more smooth in LOS.

AEX is more configurable to what I can see now in superfast test.

However, LOS is doing good.

Biggest reason for using AEX is the official support with OTA :)

Both Roms doing good.
LOS can run Antutu, AEX is crashing doing Antutu test at the moment.

Nothing else.

Cosme

Jul 12, 2017
Link fixed....

As he use source from davidevilnavil, same kernel and etc..
Should be same Performance as AEX..

But thx anyway and good job
Do not expect the same performance as AEX. My intention is to make a battery-friendly ROM like ZUI so it will always have worse performance than AEX.

We share sources with AEX (davide), Lineage from Z2 Plus (varotone), Lineage from OnePlus 3 (sultanxda) but they are not the same. The kernel has energy-saving modifications and the blobs are from ZUI 2.5.435. Check github logs.

I do not try to compete against AEX. I am very grateful to davide and all z2 devs. I wanted to use Lineage (formerly Cyanogenmod) because it was the ROM that I used on my last phone for almost 5 years.

Last edited:

greedy

May 27, 2017
I test this ROM for 5 hours now and found no bugs and my Zuk had no crash yet (standard gapps 7.1 and Pixel launcher).

The CPU speed seems under clocked at 1.8Ghz but this is OK with me - as stability is my main concern.

Everything is smooth...

Edit :
- Quick Charge is working well
- A shutdowned phone starts when plugged, as in RR and AEX

Last edited:

sredna76

Oct 18, 2016
Sweden
I like this Rom very much. I dirty flashed it yesterday evening over AEX but had to wipe data also to avoid boot loop.
So far I have not find any problems.
When Xposed works on Zuk2 Pro with LOS 14/Nougat it will be perfect.

mkey

Jul 24, 2017
Hi, is there a way to extend U-touch functionality?

The seller stock ROM had less actions to bind (even though the previous/next app left/right swipe was VERY handy) but you had more presses to bind to: left swipe, right swipe, tap, double tap (long tap too, maybe?), press, double press (maybe even long press?) Either way, extending these would be perfect, one simple button for so many actions, who would have thunk it.

blackrain

Aug 18, 2017
Hi there guys, flashed this today and sensors are not working on my device. Has this happened to anyone else?

PD: Everything else seems to be working fine

Cosme

Jul 12, 2017
looking fwd to future updates.
There will be an update soon. Actually a massive update... ;) I still have to upload all the changes to GitHub...:(

Hi there guys, flashed this today and sensors are not working on my device. Has this happened to anyone else?
What sensors do you mean?

I've been working at UHealth. So far I have managed to get to the window where you receive the recommendations after having provided your data (sex, height, weight and age).

If anyone has experience with Android app programming, better if knows about reverse engineering, and has interest in get UHealth working, let me know. I have a few questions ... :p