ROM [DISCONTINUED] [7.1.2] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (20171210)

Jan 30, 2018
First comment on the whole page, it may be in a wrong place (if so, I will change it when I manage better with the forum).

First of all, amazing work for the developers, congratulations (and of course, thank you for sharing it with us).

However, I have a question. When I finally achieved to properly install and run LineageOS (it is my first ROM change, and it is difficult to start but EASY when you know the problems), I have noticed that LTE/4G is not running on my zuk z2 pro (calls and H+ runs, so it is not a big problem, but I would like to solve it). I know that you say in the post that we have to be in the last baseband and to search in the forum, but I did and I have seen that the last baseband is the one that I already have (M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1). So, my question is: is 4G running on this baseband and I should do something to configure it or should I change to another baseband version? My internet provider is movistar, from Spain.

Thank you in advance!

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
First comment on the whole page, it may be in a wrong place (if so, I will change it when I manage better with the forum).

First of all, amazing work for the developers, congratulations (and of course, thank you for sharing it with us).

However, I have a question. When I finally achieved to properly install and run LineageOS (it is my first ROM change, and it is difficult to start but EASY when you know the problems), I have noticed that LTE/4G is not running on my zuk z2 pro (calls and H+ runs, so it is not a big problem, but I would like to solve it). I know that you say in the post that we have to be in the last baseband and to search in the forum, but I did and I have seen that the last baseband is the one that I already have (M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1). So, my question is: is 4G running on this baseband and I should do something to configure it or should I change to another baseband version? My internet provider is movistar, from Spain.

Thank you in advance!
You can try flashing the latest 3.5 baseband. See baseband thread here in forum for download. I'm adding a troubleshooting for 4G now, so if flashing of new baseband is not helping you just wait another 30 mins for me to get ready with pasting in the solution ;)

edit: pasted the solution in baseband thread as well. So check there and follow the instructions. Then enjoy 4G again :)

Last edited:

crisps

Aug 28, 2016
@Adrian did you already erase modemst1??

If not can you do me a favour..??

The sequence of resetting modemst looks weired.... (for me)...

Can you try this:

1. Erase modemst1
2. Erase modemst2
3. Flash Baseband..
4. Reboot...

This sequence should fix too...

Jan 30, 2018
Hi crisps, I downloaded the baseband zip (3.5, the latest one on the post) and installed it using recovery (TWRP), but seems that failed, because baseband version is the same. I guessed that I installed it badly and I was going to try again in a few time. So, I guess that I can do the favour, but it would be better if you help me, I am new in all these things...

Edit: specifically I would need an explanation of how to erase modemst... To flash, I guess that it is from TWRP

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Please use TWRP 3.2.1.0 official from twrp.me
Baseband of 3.5 should install without error then. It is a full version so it does not care what is preinstalled.
If 4G is still not working afterwards the try the troubleshooting from baseband thread :)

edit: BETTER: do @crisps a favour and try his short method first. If it works we can shortcut the solution described in baseband thread :)

Jan 30, 2018
I am already running official TWRP 3.2.1.0 and flashed 3.5.231_DEV_Full.zip, but it gave me error. After @crisps explains me to do so (and it does not work), I will try it again and if it doesn't work I will do the troubleshoot... Thank you to both for the help!

crisps

Aug 28, 2016
There is no change in the baseband number...

If you get 4G back with my method, so it is proof its working this way...

If not use the way which is descripe in the baseband thread....

Go into fastboot menu, same menu like flashing twrp..

Command my way :

fastboot.exe erase modemst1
fastboot.exe erase modemst2
fastboot reboot

Then boot into twrp and flash baseband...
After that reboot phone and check there is 4G or not...

crisps

Aug 28, 2016
Its OK.. We just want to know why you ( and some less other people ) loose there 4G...
What is the damn reason...

Jan 30, 2018
I would like to help, and I could tell you all that I have done, including all softbricks and how I solved them (now that is recent, I did it yesterday). However, I would not like to saturate this amazing post, shall I post it here or it is not necessary?