ROM [DISCONTINUED] [7.1.x] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (20171120)

jhz

Feb 15, 2017
Hello everybody,
I just tried to update to last varotone's version from *very first* varotone's version (which I considered adequate all this time).
Anyway, after upgrading twrp to v.3.2.1.0 (no problem), I did what is described in the changelog :
- wipe dalvik/cache/system
- flash last version
- flash gapps
- reboot

And now my Z2 freezes after the Lineage boot animation. Either after I enter my SIM card pincode (if I enter it fast enough) or while the system waits for this pincode.
Screen freezes, then turns black and the LED is lit (dimmed but on).
Restoring my backup doesn't work (Lineage boot animation never stops).

Are their known ways to recover a working phone?
Thanks in advance.

Nsr8

Sep 23, 2017
Hello everybody,
I just tried to update to last varotone's version from *very first* varotone's version (which I considered adequate all this time).
Anyway, after upgrading twrp to v.3.2.1.0 (no problem), I did what is described in the changelog :
- wipe dalvik/cache/system
- flash last version
- flash gapps
- reboot

And now my Z2 freezes after the Lineage boot animation. Either after I enter my SIM card pincode (if I enter it fast enough) or while the system waits for this pincode.
Screen freezes, then turns black and the LED is lit (dimmed but on).
Restoring my backup doesn't work (Lineage boot animation never stops).

Are their known ways to recover a working phone?
Thanks in advance.
This must be a kernel panic due to old baseband. Try removing the Sim card, not connecting to WiFi or Bluetooth when first booting. If it successfully boots with all radios off, it is the old baseband causing trouble.

Try updating the baseband.

jhz

Feb 15, 2017
Thanks a lot.
Fast reply, and good reply.
After updating the baseband things are in a mess (I've tried reflashing, without and without gapps, in the meantime) but at least the phone doesn't freeze anymore.

I think all start over.

jhz

Feb 15, 2017
Just a short followup.
Everything works nicely now.
Almost all my Google apps crashed (perhaps due to a change from stock to micro -just a guess) but Uninstall/Install on each crashing app solved it.
Still a nice ROM.

Farquea

Jan 18, 2017
I'm running Harsha's LineageOS build and decided to come back here to see updates in ROMs. Is this considered the latest/most popular ROM to use despite the DISCONTINUED status? Major improvements on harsha's work?
Thanks.

Nsr8

Sep 23, 2017
If there's interest, I could share my build from yesterday.
January patches included as well as all general upstream updates from LineageOS.

Image upload is not working for me, so I can only post here two screenshots:
Sure there is interest. I would like to see someone continue @varotone s work. May be you can continue the GitHub repository.

Mixxer5

Nov 12, 2016

rolex0815

Jul 18, 2016

Socroty

Feb 7, 2018
Any one have a bug with alarm clock in shutdown? After the shutdown, four minutes before the scheduled start automatically boot, but can't enter the desktop, Stop at "Android is starting". (translate by Google)