Do you want to update to Oreo? READ THIS FIRST!

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah but i can see people complaining about zui 3.5 to be buggy. So many google apps doesn't work. Hows your experience

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Sorry to say that, but why are you here in this thread that talk about zui 3.5 only, complaining about something that doesnt work for you in zui 3.1? Thats Thats nonsense... This tutorial is for how to update to Oreo (zui 3.5) without future issues.

And my experience with zui 3.5 following the tutorial on this thread is awesome.

Everything works fine without any issue.

Thats why I created this thread, because other users was having issues on 3.5.

If you want to try it, please read all first.

Anything related to other zui version please search forum.

Feb 17, 2018
Berlin
Now install the GAPPS
You must do a wipe cache/dalvik after installing, dont skip this.

Install Magisk and do a wipe cache/dalvik

Reboot to system.

Ok, after setting your stuff (account, wifi, etc) go to settings, apps & notifications, default apps and set all default apps.

Download google contact app, open it and login to your account.

Now open the app Security (the old Safe Center) and add important apps to auto start list (dont tick it, add to white list)

download and install this app.
Reboot.

To make OK google work on any screen just install this manager and give it root permission
Install the google search app first if you dont have it.

Open the ES file explorer and go to / data / app
Cut the google search app folder and copy to / system / piv-app
Hello, i have 2 noob questions, which are maybe a little bit offtopic:

1. Do i also have to do these quoted steps, if i want to flash the custom rom Cosmic-OS anyway?

2. Do i have to boot to system one time after flashing stock rom 3.5 (to do settings), before flashing Cosmic-OS, gapps and magisk ?

(I just want to get rid of a shop-rom and flash Cosmic-OS afterwards.)

Thanks.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Hello, i have 2 noob questions, which are maybe a little bit offtopic:

1. Do i also have to do these quoted steps, if i want to flash the custom rom Cosmic-OS anyway?

2. Do i have to boot to system one time after flashing stock rom 3.5 (to do settings), before flashing Cosmic-OS, gapps and magisk ?

(I just want to get rid of a shop-rom and flash Cosmic-OS afterwards.)

Thanks.
no need for doing these steps then. Just get rid of your shop rom folowing this guide: https://zukfans.eu/community/thread...t-from-zui-1-9-to-latest-zui-for-z2-pro.7851/

Feb 10, 2018
I have downloaded the file, i have 65% battery left, should i charge more? Is it work fine on Zuk z2? Update is for z2 pro i guess.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I have downloaded the file, i have 65% battery left, should i charge more? Is it work fine on Zuk z2? Update is for z2 pro i guess.
mate if you have a z2 plus please switch to the z2 forum. This is for z2 pro only. Dont try to brick your z2 using z2 pro roms and tools ;)

Dec 27, 2017
Where can I find gapps that delete ZUI apps ?

Edit, I was wondering the reason why dirty flash over AOSP roms doesnt work, perharps its because TWRP does not flash some partitions proprely.
Code:
ui_print("Patching firmware images...");
ifelse(msm.boot_update("main"), (
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib64.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib64");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/hyp.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hyp");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/pmic.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/pmic");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/tz.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tz");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/mdtp.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/mdtp");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/devcfg.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/devcfg");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/keymaster.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymaster");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/xbl.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xbl");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/rpm.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpm");
), "");
ifelse(msm.boot_update("backup"), (
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib64.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib64bak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlibbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/hyp.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hypbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/tz.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tzbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abootbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/devcfg.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/devcfgbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/keymaster.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymasterbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/xbl.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xblbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/rpm.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpmbak");
), "");
msm.boot_update("finalize");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/NON-HLOS.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/adspso.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/dsp");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/BTFM.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/bluetooth");
set_progress(1.000000);
What if we add lines to format all these partitions before flashing them ? So it would make a clean format before putting ZUI files. What do you guys think ?

Otherwise, its maybe TWRP that does not recognise all partitions.

Last edited:

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Where can I find gapps that delete ZUI apps ?

Edit, I was wondering the reason why dirty flash over AOSP roms doesnt work, perharps its because TWRP does not flash some partitions proprely.
Code:
ui_print("Patching firmware images...");
ifelse(msm.boot_update("main"), (
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib64.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib64");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/hyp.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hyp");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/pmic.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/pmic");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/tz.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tz");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/mdtp.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/mdtp");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/devcfg.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/devcfg");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/keymaster.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymaster");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/xbl.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xbl");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/rpm.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpm");
), "");
ifelse(msm.boot_update("backup"), (
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib64.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib64bak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlibbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/hyp.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hypbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/tz.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tzbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abootbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/devcfg.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/devcfgbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/keymaster.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymasterbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/xbl.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xblbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/rpm.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpmbak");
), "");
msm.boot_update("finalize");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/NON-HLOS.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/adspso.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/dsp");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/BTFM.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/bluetooth");
set_progress(1.000000);
What if we add lines to format all these partitions before flashing them ? So it would make a clean format before putting ZUI files. What do you guys think ?

Otherwise, its maybe TWRP that does not recognise all partitions.
Chinese Twrp 3.2.1.0 from L.R.team recognizes all partitions. but anyhow: All partitions are flashed only when flashing ZUI 1.9 with qfil.
With all other ZUI versions some partitions seems to be untouched.

Dec 27, 2017
Chinese Twrp 3.2.1.0 from L.R.team recognizes all partitions. but anyhow: All partitions are flashed only when flashing ZUI 1.9 with qfil.
With all other ZUI versions some partitions seems to be untouched.
Ok so in this case, we should make a custom script that erase each partition before flashing them. I'll test and upload

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2017
Hi, thank you very much and congratulations for the excellent contribution.

I can not make OK Google work. When I open the ES file explorer it does not let me access the root, I only have access to internal storage. The "data" folder of the internal storage is empty.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi, thank you very much and congratulations for the excellent contribution.

I can not make OK Google work. When I open the ES file explorer it does not let me access the root, I only have access to internal storage. The "data" folder of the internal storage is empty.
Your phone is rooted?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
The root tab is marked as in your image, but Magisk does not ask me if I want to give S.U.
Try to enable it here
Screenshot_2018-02-26-17-15-01-0841496534.png

If the ES File explorer isnt listed here, uninstall and install magisk again.

I had problems with magisk after I updated to version 16.

Im still on 15.3.

I have the file if you want to install it.