Do you want to update to Oreo? READ THIS FIRST!

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I tried using another explorer and it didnt work for me. But you are free to try.

There are root explorer, root browser and others...

Btw, you can try to clean cache/dalvik and cache in twrp -> wipe -> advanced wipe

Dec 29, 2017
I tried using another explorer and it didnt work for me. But you are free to try.

There are root explorer, root browser and others...

Btw, you can try to clean cache/dalvik and cache in twrp -> wipe -> advanced wipe
Thank you very much Brunema. I will try, and if I can solve it I will comment.

JEAN56

Jul 28, 2017
Hi Bruneba

Super tutorial
I followed the letter and everything went well
All apps work, whatsapp, sync contact
I just had to put my APN for one of my two sim (already the same problem with the custom ROM under OREO
Thank you for your work, you are the boss

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi Bruneba

Super tutorial
I followed the letter and everything went well
All apps work, whatsapp, sync contact
I just had to put my APN for one of my two sim (already the same problem with the custom ROM under OREO
Thank you for your work, you are the boss
Thanks dude, good to know that everything is working fine for to you too.

JEAN56

Jul 28, 2017
Hi Bruneba.

How are?
Tell me, the security patch is November 5, 2017, do you think it will be updated soon?
Do you agree that I make a translation of your tutorial in French?

Thank you in advance and good day to you.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi Bruneba.

How are?
Tell me, the security patch is November 5, 2017, do you think it will be updated soon?
Do you agree that I make a translation of your tutorial in French?

Thank you in advance and good day to you.
Hi dude
I think they will update it when they launch the oficial OTA.

Of course you can make a french tutorial.

Have a nice day too :)

stryke

Nov 24, 2016
Germany
@bruneba did you left all Chinese apps on the phone or did you remove some?
the old guide by @theface had them removed when installing the gapps file, but that guide doesn't exist anymore.

Or do we have a list somewhere with apps safe to remove?

xxxneoxxx

Sep 5, 2017
Thats a good question. I think freezing apps first with Titaniumbackup before removing them would be best to check out if there aren't any side effects. But I was wondering the same thing.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
@bruneba did you left all Chinese apps on the phone or did you remove some?
the old guide by @theface had them removed when installing the gapps file, but that guide doesn't exist anymore.

Or do we have a list somewhere with apps safe to remove?
I have dialer and message chinese stock on my phone, I didnt remove because I got issues after removing them , even after installing gapps using those as system app (google message and google dialer)

BenjieB

Nov 26, 2016
Paris
Thanks for another great walkthrough.

I have a rooted unlocked phone, so read the part relating to that. It advises to basically wipe everything and start from clean with a locked BL before unlocking it again. Does it mean it is not possible to simply upgrade to Oreo as usual by flashing new rom over existing system and keep data ?

Thanks

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Thanks for another great walkthrough.

I have a rooted unlocked phone, so read the part relating to that. It advises to basically wipe everything and start from clean with a locked BL before unlocking it again. Does it mean it is not possible to simply upgrade to Oreo as usual by flashing new rom over existing system and keep data ?

Thanks
This is just to prevent issues, you can try to just update. If you have any issue (as many here had) just do as in the tutorial

BenjieB

Nov 26, 2016
Paris
This is just to prevent issues, you can try to just update. If you have any issue (as many here had) just do as in the tutorial
I understand. I think I will give it a shot, so far all hot upgrades I did went flawlessly.

In such case would you recommand flashing with TWRP or by loading stock recovery as per your other walkthrough ?

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I understand. I think I will give it a shot, so far all hot upgrades I did went flawlessly.

In such case would you recommand flashing with TWRP or by loading stock recovery as per your other walkthrough ?
If you already have TWRP 3.2 then you can use it.

Javad

Dec 23, 2017
Iran
Hello guys
My z2121 is on 3.1.218 st bootlocked.
Can I use this update package over my current rom or I have to do anything else? I want to make sure that it won't make trouble for me.