Do you want to update to Oreo? READ THIS FIRST!

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hello guys
My z2121 is on 3.1.218 st bootlocked.
Can I use this update package over my current rom or I have to do anything else? I want to make sure that it won't make trouble for me.
To prevent future issues, please follow the tutorial. Even if you want to update to official OTA.

rbrandao

Apr 5, 2017
SP - Brazil
hey guys

I was on zui 3.1.218 and now I managed to upgrade to 3.5.300, thanks to this great tutorial!
Everything seems working great, but I have a question, why does it must install the Simpler Dialer? Does the ZUI Dialer work on 3.5 without the Simpler Dialer?

Thanks guys.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
hey guys

I was on zui 3.1.218 and now I managed to upgrade to 3.5.300, thanks to this great tutorial!
Everything seems working great, but I have a question, why does it must install the Simpler Dialer? Does the ZUI Dialer work on 3.5 without the Simpler Dialer?

Thanks guys.
I recommend simples dialer because stock dialer have issues to sync google contact

Mar 15, 2018
Hi. Great tutorial but i have a one(surely stupid) question about this: "Now that you are on 3.1, open the App Center (chinese playstore) and download Google Playstore and contact sync." What is contact sync? Is it app? Because i don't see anything like this in chinese playstore or play store.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi. Great tutorial but i have a one(surely stupid) question about this: "Now that you are on 3.1, open the App Center (chinese playstore) and download Google Playstore and contact sync." What is contact sync? Is it app? Because i don't see anything like this in chinese playstore or play store.
open app center and search for "google" download the app that has this icon

Mar 15, 2018
I have one more question. Why do you recommend to download dialer and contacts? Are stock apps from Lenovo not legit? If I don't care about sync with google Can I just run on stock apps without any problems?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I have one more question. Why do you recommend to download dialer and contacts? Are stock apps from Lenovo not legit? If I don't care about sync with google Can I just run on stock apps without any problems?
I already answer that :p
|
|
I recommend simples dialer because stock dialer have issues to sync google contact
but yeah, if you dont care about your google contacts, you can use stock apps..

Mar 15, 2018
Oh, so sorry, I didn't notice that and thank you for fast answer!

EDIT: I stuck on step to update to 3.5 from 3.1.194 ST. Always fail in recovery mode :( Can I use sdfuse method to make update?
EDIT2: Nevermind, I was dumb because i extracted folder with soft and copied it to phone :D Fortunately, I finally reach Android 8, thank you for this tutorial :)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
With me Oreo is running great on the Z2 pro. I also like the addition of the simple dailer, great tip!

With the upgrade I got the remark that I can only do the upgrade if the phone is unencrypted - which it was (think there wasn't an option to do that). In Oreo I get the option to encrypt the phone and I was planning to do so - but can I still run future updates if the phone is encrypted?

adid

Jun 30, 2017
Hi,
I made the update by recovery to 3.5.315 ST
I can not authenticate myself to Google contacts - it's an error, it shows me that there is the account in the phone
Contacts do not sync
Solution?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi,
I made the update by recovery to 3.5.315 ST
I can not authenticate myself to Google contacts - it's an error, it shows me that there is the account in the phone
Contacts do not sync
Solution?
Please read the tutorial again, following from 3.1 part wont give you this issue.
Install the apps that are on the tutorial, add them to security white list just like in tutorial.
Open google contacs after that

Satiryco

Sep 22, 2017
Good work bro so, after update to last one, i can format system to have a fresh one? Anyone have tried?

Inviato dal mio Z2 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Good work bro so, after update to last one, i can format system to have a fresh one? Anyone have tried?

Hm yes you can... But why would you do that?

If you do that, just install everything as mentioned on this thread and put all on security white list.

Satiryco

Sep 22, 2017
Hm yes you can... But why would you do that?

If you do that, just install everything as mentioned on this thread and put all on security white list.
Yes of course, i'll install all stuffs starting from last 3 5.***. I'll do that to have clean flash since last release and not old installation with ota. More clean possible.