Do you want to update to Oreo? READ THIS FIRST!

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Settings - apps & notifications - default apps.
Hello again, i have some questions left. Never used Magisk, so have to find out how it works. All i want is uninstall the Chinese apps, so better to install SuperSu?

Last night, after flashing TWRP device rebooted (there was a thin blue line in the screen) and started up without all the installed apps. Had to install everything again. Did i do something wrong? Also Google Contacts did not synchronize my contacts with Google account. Had to set the contacts from simcard. But that's ok with me.

Are all the steps really needed or can i skip all the step to root and just use SuperSu?

Can you inform me a little please?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hello again, i have some questions left. Never used Magisk, so have to find out how it works. All i want is uninstall the Chinese apps, so better to install SuperSu?
Magisk and SU are root method. The difference is that magisk is systemless and dont change your boot.img
Be careful of which apps you uninstall, you need some chinese apps to make everything working fine. So keep that in mind.

Did i do something wrong?
Hm.. Maybe.. Idk what you did :p
Whats your TWRP version?

Also Google Contacts did not synchronize my contacts with Google account. Had to set the contacts from simcard. But that's ok with me.
Add google contacts and google sync to Security autostart white list and open google contacts after that.

Are all the steps really needed or can i skip all the step to root and just use SuperSu?
Some apps wont work if they find out that you are rooted, that will happen if you flash SU. So use magisk to hide root.

But if you dont care, then flash SU

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Magisk and SU are root method. The difference is that magisk is systemless and dont change your boot.img
Be careful of which apps you uninstall, you need some chinese apps to make everything working fine. So keep that in mind.

Hm.. Maybe.. Idk what you did :p

Add google contacts and google sync to Security autostart white list and open google contacts after that.

Some apps wont work if they find out that you are rooted, that will happen if you flash SU. So use magisk to hide root.

But if you dont care, then flash SU
Well, I followed the steps (I think I did), but maybe I have to to it again, but that's for later. This tutorial will be here right?
About contacts I will repeat that, thanks.
I will read about Magisk first to learn more about it. For now I am happy with this upgrade to Android 8 and can use the nice ZUI the way I want, just begin with SU. Thanks again. I could come back with some questions once ;-) Bye bye, Alex

Javad

Dec 23, 2017
Iran
Nice dude. There is another OTA version out, use transocks again to find it ;)
Hello again bruneba and thank you for guiding people like me
It was successful as always, but my question is about the change log.
How can I find out what this update is changing in my phone? I've used Google translation to figure out the change log and noticed it's the same as the previous update. Screenshot_2018-03-25-20-42-54-1352112126.png

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hello, I noticed that the touchscreen did not react that good anymore after upgrade. Could you explain that? Should I start all over again? For now I flashed 3.1 and the screen works good. I really like the UI, especially the camera app. No custom rom has such a good UI. Or is there any custom rom which has?
Sorry for my many questions, but I would like to use my ZZP like ZUI make it possible. Not in my language, but that's no problem.

Aug 26, 2016
Erding, Germany
Thanks for the documentation to get Oreo properly!

After several tryouts I stucked on 3.5.259... (unlocked BL and root)

Before your step "Now, time to Root!" you have the "normal" recovery as described.

I wanted to upgrade to 3.5.316 (OTA twice as update.zip), but always installation failed. :-/

The next steps (TWRP & Magisk) then worked...

Any suggestions?

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Thanks for the documentation to get Oreo properly!

After several tryouts I stucked on 3.5.259... (unlocked BL and root)

Before your step "Now, time to Root!" you have the "normal" recovery as described.

I wanted to upgrade to 3.5.316 (OTA twice as update.zip), but always installation failed. :-/

The next steps (TWRP & Magisk) then worked...

Any suggestions?
Hello, I also had this with updating. The answer is in a reply of bruneba, some posts back: you have to name it just "update". Then it will install the rom with the stock recovery. Did you try that?

Aug 26, 2016
Erding, Germany
Now BL is open and phone is rooted... :-/

Is it now possible, too?

=> unroot + stock recovery => OTA flash to 3.5.316 => TWRP + Magisk?

Or will all be deleted and the "new" apps (dialer, etc.) gone?

(I'd better do a full backup before ;-) )