Do you want to update to Oreo? READ THIS FIRST!

Jun 15, 2018
Hello people, I'm new here. Sorry if it has already been asked, but is it possible to flash OpenGapps or any GApps into Stock Rom? Also, to root Stock I just need to flash Magisk zip? What Magisk file should I use?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks for the helpful guide. Just wished the host was not MEGA, I'm at 37% downloading zukpro19 and I already exceeded my bandwidth.
I know it is too later, but maybe it is good information for anyone else. You can bypass MEGA limit with MegaDownloader (https://megadownloader.softonic.com.br) or if your internet provider uses Dynamic IP, just reset the modem.

Edit: Also Mipony (http://www.mipony.net/) works to Download from MEGA and others free host sites, but it struggles with MEGA limit, so it needs Dynamic IP Internet Provider so you can reset modem and resume download from Mipony

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hello people, I'm new here. Sorry if it has already been asked, but is it possible to flash OpenGapps or any GApps into Stock Rom? Also, to root Stock I just need to flash Magisk zip? What Magisk file should I use?
Sure you can. Just unlock your bootloader and flash TWRP then install this gapps zip.

You can download the latest magisk here, install with TWRP too.

I recommend Red Wolf TWRP thats the one Im using and it is super fast to backup and restore data.

Or you can use the official TWRP

Rmsalles

Oct 17, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I have received my last update from OTA to Android Oreo and ZUI 3.5.388 ST. But since last update, all process was everything ok, but my skype, Google, Inbox, Yahoo Mail, they are not working anymore. I tried to call them and suddenly the app close.
Someone else has same issue?
The last firmware was stock.

giribi

Sep 9, 2017
Hello Brunebra. Thanks for your guide.

I Qfiled to 1.9 and made an OTA to 3.1 and was begining to follow your guide when I ran into a problem.
I install Google play store from the Chinese App Store, but I can't find any contact sync as mentioned, nor a calendar sync as someone mentioned in xda.
I tried to skip that and downloaded the contact and simple dialer has advised, but the contacts app doesn't let me sign in to my google account because says it already exists on the phone. I removed the account and logged in again from inside google contacts, but it won't sync the contacts all the same.

Any advice?

borsuk

Jun 4, 2018
Hi guys, I have successfully installed all updates and now I have Oreo in my beloved Z2 Pro. However I have encountered two issues (so far).
  1. I am unable to connect to hidden wi-fi network. I am entering correct network name and password, my phone just authenticate and shows me "Saved" by the network name. I have big data plan so so far ot is not a huge issue but it is quite annoying because my home network and all networks in our office are hidden.
  2. Another issue is something I would love to get rid of. Since I am not native english speaker and majority of my friends are not as well this is just so f*cking annoying. Everytime I tap on any text this pops up (see image below) and it also underline words that are not in english. I know that this is not caused by my keyboard app, because I have tried Gboard and Swiftkey as well but problem persist.
  3. Screenshot_2018-07-20-19-01-03-0703790229.png
Do you have any idea how to fix this?
Thanks

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
I am unable to connect to hidden wi-fi network. I am entering correct network name and password, my phone just authenticate and shows me "Saved" by the network name. I have big data plan so so far ot is not a huge issue but it is quite annoying because my home network and all networks in our office are hidden.
This is in general a very bad idea!
- Adds ZERO security.
- Everytime a device wants to find your WiFi SSID it basically disturbs every other WiFi network in the neighbourhood!

Please consider changing this silly setting :)

Another issue is something I would love to get rid of. Since I am not native english speaker and majority of my friends are not as well this is just so f*cking annoying. Everytime I tap on any text this pops up (see image below) and it also underline words that are not in english. I know that this is not caused by my keyboard app, because I have tried Gboard and Swiftkey as well but problem persist.
Actually I think it is... I had something similar when I just installed/flashed my Z2 Pro : Changing the language in the Keyboard setting fixed it eventually.

Please note that I did not had that "Add to dictionary" stuff pop-up and just the red underlined words!

borsuk

Jun 4, 2018
This is in general a very bad idea!
- Adds ZERO security.
- Everytime a device wants to find your WiFi SSID it basically disturbs every other WiFi network in the neighbourhood!

Please consider changing this silly setting :)

Actually I think it is... I had something similar when I just installed/flashed my Z2 Pro : Changing the language in the Keyboard setting fixed it eventually.

Please note that I did not had that "Add to dictionary" stuff pop-up and just the red underlined words!
So, the wi-fi problem magically disappeared by itself... However, dictionary issue is still on!!! And if I am typing in other than english language (what is quite often) I get annoyed quite a lot do any of you have any idea how to deal with this? Using microsoft word, I have spell checking by microsoft so I don't see this red underlined crap with suggestions... But in every other application (except fields like url typing in internet browser) I get this s... stuff...
Also I have noticed that I can't send any MMS. SMS are working but sending photo will not be successful (despite the application used)

lebios

Jan 8, 2019
I have very old ZUI 2.1.120 ST with Polish language (is it international version?).
Does ZUI 3.5.XXX contain Polish language?