Eureka: Go back to stock: OTA enabled

Emanuele

Dec 20, 2016
That is correct. 1.9cn will lock the device to virgin state, so that you can get OTA either for Indian or Chinese version.
Flash only with QPST with flat biuld and edl mode. It works flawlessly.
After you have the chinese 1.9 installed, change the language, activate developer options and usb debugging and then you can flash indian rom for example and your phone will get OTA.
I first flashed chinese 1.9, then flashed indian 2.0 and it upgraded twice OTA to 2.5. After that you do a factory reset and you're good 2 go. Everything working great. The same procedurr applies for chinese rom. It will OTA itself to the latest Nougat if thats what you want.
I prefer indian rom since Gapps work like they should.
10 days ago I flashed directly the 2.5.334ST version. The phone has been kept unlocked, but the flash has installed the original recovery. However I received the OTA update for the 2.5.412ST version. But I didn't try to install it because I have already installed the TWRP and I did not want to fall in trouble!

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

Nov 13, 2016
10 days ago I flashed directly the 2.5.334ST version. The phone has been kept unlocked, but the flash has installed the original recovery. However I received the OTA update for the 2.5.412ST version. But I didn't try to install it because I have already installed the TWRP and I did not want to fall in trouble!

Im pretty sure the upgrade will not work. I tried the same on my Z1 and it downloaded, rebooted into twrp, somekind of error kicked in and ofcourse it didn't upgrade.
If you want OTA you should follow this topic, otherwise it wont work.

Bidyadhar

Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for sharing the download links. This works well, can confirm as have used today to regain warranty.
If we apply for warranty, won't they check if they have our serial number in that unlock bootloader request list?

asrone

Aug 14, 2017
thanks man easily locked bootloader using 1.9.044 zui firmware then flashed 2.0.093 and ota updated to 2.5.104st official indian rom

hemant

Sep 11, 2017
thanks man easily locked bootloader using 1.9.044 zui firmware then flashed 2.0.093 and ota updated to 2.5.104st official indian rom
i flashed 1.9.044 rom via miflash tool and then flashed 2.0.093. after flashing 2.0.093 i got OTA update 2.0.133 ST , update was successful. then i got OTA update for zui 2.5.104 ST but it is showing update failed. help please.

RaharAW

Feb 15, 2017
So I recently flash Oreo based rom, and then I tried to relock or lock my bootloader with this method, but it's not working.
I have tried this method before and it's worked several times. But now it's not working, I've flashing the ZUI 1.9 CN 3 times, but the bootloader still unlocked..
Does anyone have the same problem with me?

------
EDIT
------
It's works after I flash another version of the ZUI, and then I flashed to 1.9 CN and the bootloader lock.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017
I am 2.0.111 ST (Lenovo Z2 Plus Indian Version), for some reason I am not getting any updates can I Flast 2.5.104 using QPST.
By phone has not been modified / tampered with. Or do I need to unlock boot loader before flashing?
Any help will be appreciated.

Jun 17, 2017
I am not really sure about regaining warranty as my warranty status is expired, I checked it on lenovo's website even though my mobile is 2-3 months old, have not checked with service center though.
But still I think just requesting for a bootloader unlock image does not necessarily mean I tampered with my device, for example someone made a typo while requesting the file but someone's else warranty got void, I don't think they will deny warranty as my bootloader is locked and it is impossible to prove that I did anything to my mobile

Last edited:

abasko

Jun 15, 2017
I am 2.0.111 ST (Lenovo Z2 Plus Indian Version), for some reason I am not getting any updates can I Flast 2.5.104 using QPST.
By phone has not been modified / tampered with. Or do I need to unlock boot loader before flashing?
Any help will be appreciated.
May be my history is help you

I did some mistakes
- I used to flash stock rom 2.0.093 with miflash ( I thing miflash doesnt format correctly or some neccessary files is not copied)
- One time OTA update 2.0.133 successfully updated but 2.5 upadate didn't work
- I downloaded OTA 2.0.133 to 2.5 and manually copied .zuiota folder but didn't worked ( Update procees every time broken
- I wanted to flash again with Qfil but I got some error. This time qpst folder was on my Desktop folder on my PC

then

I copied Z2132 2.0.093_ST qpst folder to my c: directory and renamed with basic name like "ZUK2132"
in configuration tab changed device type to eMMC and Qfil successfully worked.
Again one time Ota update is worked from 2.093 to 2.0.133
I wanted to update manually wit my downloaded ota 2.5.104 package but again doesn't worked.
Then
in settings I tried system update and its worked now my phone current verion is 2.5.104 ST

guillermo

Mar 29, 2017
May be my history is help you

I did some mistakes
- I used to flash stock rom 2.0.093 with miflash ( I thing miflash doesnt format correctly or some neccessary files is not copied)
- One time OTA update 2.0.133 successfully updated but 2.5 upadate didn't work
- I downloaded OTA 2.0.133 to 2.5 and manually copied .zuiota folder but didn't worked ( Update procees every time broken
- I wanted to flash again with Qfil but I got some error. This time qpst folder was on my Desktop folder on my PC

then

I copied Z2132 2.0.093_ST qpst folder to my c: directory and renamed with basic name like "ZUK2132"
in configuration tab changed device type to eMMC and Qfil successfully worked.
Again one time Ota update is worked from 2.093 to 2.0.133
I wanted to update manually wit my downloaded ota 2.5.104 package but again doesn't worked.
Then
in settings I tried system update and its worked now my phone current verion is 2.5.104 ST
Is available zui 3.5 via OTA?

Jun 19, 2018
I own an Zuk Edge with the bootloader unlocked with ZUI version 3.1.201 ST Android 7.0 and i want to go back to locked bootloader because i can't update the software to Android 8... Can i flash the z2 software?

Aug 22, 2017
I own an Zuk Edge with the bootloader unlocked with ZUI version 3.1.201 ST Android 7.0 and i want to go back to locked bootloader because i can't update the software to Android 8... Can i flash the z2 software?
Not advised. Try to find a full (QFIL) stock ROM for zuk Edge (presumably you'd want 1.9 or the earliest version) and check if bootloader is locked. If yes just update

drbrosly

Oct 17, 2018
I am stuck in the international rom with google play preinstalled since i bought my device from DX.com a year ago and now WiFi and Bluetooth don't work even after i did factory reset to the device ..it worked for some time then didn't work .I am so hesitated and afraid to brick the phone and i saw a nice tutorial in Arabic about how to convert zuk z2 to the indian rom version ?? link https://xq55.com/%D8%AA%D8%AD%D9%88%D9%8A%D9%84-%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%AE%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%8A%D9%86-zuk-z2-%D8%A5%D9%84%D9%89-%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%AE%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D9%86%D8%AF-lenovo-z2-plus/ .....i really don't know what should i do to fix the phone..i read all the comments below but i feel i miss something...i just want stable stock rom with ota updates...which is the best rom Indian stock version or Chinese version?? and is there any guidelines to do that?? because in the arabic tutorial he only unlock the bootloader to setup the indian rom but he didn't say how to relock it also i saw another tutorial on how to flash zui stock rom in youtube based on guideline here link
i don't know which one to do?? any help ??

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017
I am stuck in the international rom with google play preinstalled since i bought my device from DX.com a year ago and now WiFi and Bluetooth don't work even after i did factory reset to the device ..it worked for some time then didn't work .I am so hesitated and afraid to brick the phone and i saw a nice tutorial in Arabic about how to convert zuk z2 to the indian rom version ?? link https://xq55.com/%D8%AA%D8%AD%D9%88%D9%8A%D9%84-%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%AE%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%8A%D9%86-zuk-z2-%D8%A5%D9%84%D9%89-%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%AE%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D9%86%D8%AF-lenovo-z2-plus/ .....i really don't know what should i do to fix the phone..i read all the comments below but i feel i miss something...i just want stable stock rom with ota updates...which is the best rom Indian stock version or Chinese version?? and is there any guidelines to do that?? because in the arabic tutorial he only unlock the bootloader to setup the indian rom but he didn't say how to relock it also i saw another tutorial on how to flash zui stock rom in youtube based on guideline here link
i don't know which one to do?? any help ??
You should stick with the chinese ROM. If you reflash (clean flash) a new ROM, all non-hardware issues should vanish (however you will likely lose rights to zui's OTA updates, but that's no big deal)
Before doing any manipulation, you should have:
1)done a backup
2)red the threads about bootloader's unlock, newbie paradise and how to install stock/custom ROM (and the thread about hardbrick if ur pessimistic)
Idk about your tutorial, so proceed only if it's clearer than the (english) threads on zukfans

You can also consider flashing a custom ROM, while you are at it

nyko84

Feb 4, 2017
hi to all, i explain my story with update from indian rom to stock oreo chinese...

the only way that i've find is to install the 1.9.044 cn rom, download the 3.5 zui , rename the zip in "update.zip" anda update the phone with recovery option...
now i'ts workin, i'm downloading a new update with ota, now i've to check if the update has gapps!