Eureka: Go back to stock: OTA enabled

zackes

Jan 17, 2017
if I want to go back to stock coming from a custom ROM, I have to flash 1.9 first and then flash the stock ROM I want?

that's not obvious on the first post, that's why I'm asking.

Feb 8, 2017
hi all, am I right to think that going from a custom rom with unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery to this Stock version I need to firstly flash this version with QFIL, then lock bootloader if I want OTA?

Jan 25, 2017
Yes I saw that too and I bricked my phone. So never relock the bootloader.
1.9.044 is the first build for the device. It's gonna be completely in Chinese. I remember seeing a video by someone on how to change the language. After flashing this ROM then you can flash any official ROM of choice and receive OTA updates.

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Waterman

Dec 25, 2016
After doing the first post steps now my device shows like this:

(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false

but I dont see the "relocked: false" line...

PD: Ok... so now I don't have ota updates? Before the relock my official rom was China 2.5... maybe this doesnt' work now? In that case I think the first post should notice that...

PD: ota working with vpn, never had to to that to get otas... still wondering if my phone loooks like "relocked" or not...

Last edited:

ramees.kr

May 8, 2017
Hello
I'm on the Indian ROM ZUI 2.0.093
I just got the handset with this ROM installed.

When I check for updates this is what I get.
Screenshot attached

Please tell me if flashing this CN ROM will get me OTA and warranty services.

Z2131_CN_OPEN_USER_Q01002.1_M_ZUI_1.9.044_ST_160523_qpst.rar

Qn: after I flash the this CN ROM,
1.How will I get Google services.
2. Should I continue to use this CN Rom and do OTA with VPN enabled or
Flash any specific Indian ROM in any specific method to get the services.

I think the seller has unlocked the bootloader.
But there is no custom recovery installed and there is no SuperSU and not sure if the bootloader is locked or unlocked.
(I'll check on this and will update the scenario)

Please help
Also please provide links to flashing guide (CN Rom)

NB:Sorry I'm a newbie and forgive my less knowledge that I understand very less of the older replies to this thread.

Thanks in advance.

ramees.kr

May 8, 2017
After doing the first post steps now my device shows like this:

(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false

but I dont see the "relocked: false" line...

PD: Ok... so now I don't have ota updates? Before the relock my official rom was China 2.5... maybe this doesnt' work now? In that case I think the first post should notice that...

PD: ota working with vpn, never had to to that to get otas... still wondering if my phone loooks like "relocked" or not...
After flashing my serial number changed.
I dont have the serial that i have on the box.
Please respond someone.
I think OTA s are based on Serial numbers.
If anyone find any method to set back to the serial on the box please inbox me.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

antire

Apr 23, 2017
I cant seem to enter edl mode, as the phone will just restart after entering 'adb reboot edl'(I already unlocked my bootloader). Can someone help me on this? I want to go back to ZUI, but I cant
this :

2.5.1Method ONE: Unplug your USB cable. After that turn your phone off. Now press and hold the volume button, while pressing the power button for 0.5 seconds and plug in the USB cable in the same moment. (very tricky)
If it was succesfull your phone should appear at QPST/QFIL and you are able to press the download button.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2017
[OT] i can confirm that even with the Zui version 1.9.063_ST the phone will relock.
Well mine has been getting locked and not relocked no matter how many times I unlock my bootloader and flash that stock zui... I've done it like around 5 times till now and still the same result

Oct 14, 2016
Interesting, I'm currently on Mokee, so if I flash the files in the first post, it not only flashes the stock ROM but also unroots AND relocks the bootloader?

EDIT: Do I flash through TWRP recovery or QPST?

Nov 13, 2016
Interesting, I'm currently on Mokee, so if I flash the files in the first post, it not only flashes the stock ROM but also unroots AND relocks the bootloader?

EDIT: Do I flash through TWRP recovery or QPST?

That is correct. 1.9cn will lock the device to virgin state, so that you can get OTA either for Indian or Chinese version.
Flash only with QPST with flat biuld and edl mode. It works flawlessly.
After you have the chinese 1.9 installed, change the language, activate developer options and usb debugging and then you can flash indian rom for example and your phone will get OTA.
I first flashed chinese 1.9, then flashed indian 2.0 and it upgraded twice OTA to 2.5. After that you do a factory reset and you're good 2 go. Everything working great. The same procedurr applies for chinese rom. It will OTA itself to the latest Nougat if thats what you want.
I prefer indian rom since Gapps work like they should.