[FIX] 3.5 Google Contact Sync

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
This tutorial is obsolete now as Zui fixed contact sync on 3.5.344 so if you didnt update yet, you can keep following the tutorial:

This have been discussed here a lot, but many users couldn't set it properly...

So to avoid another new thread talking about it, here is a video showing how to set it to sync your google contacts on Zui 3.5

CLICK HERE

In this video, first I show the issue, then how to fix it.

Last edited:

Satiryco

Sep 22, 2017

So to avoid another new thread talking about it, here is a video showing how to set it to sync your google contacts on Zui 3.5

CLICK HERE

Good bruneba but wich homescren are you using? It's beautiful with 3d galaxy

Inviato dal mio Z2 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Sandro_

Mar 27, 2018

Thanks for the video!
I followed exactly your video and it is still not working.
I've noticed that my Safecenter is still called Safecenter and not Security. Furthermore, I don't know what Fazer is which is popping up at the beginning of your video. In accounts-> google -> contacts it still says last synced 3/19/18 17:15 and I don't have any new contacts which I put on the web interface.
Like I said in the other post:
  • Every App is whitelisted
  • I am on ZUI Version 3.5.316 ST
  • Android 8.0.0
Any other ideas?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Thanks for the video!
I followed exactly your video and it is still not working.
I've noticed that my Safecenter is still called Safecenter and not Security. Furthermore, I don't know what Fazer is which is popping up at the beginning of your video. In accounts-> google -> contacts it still says last synced 3/19/18 17:15 and I don't have any new contacts which I put on the web interface.
Like I said in the other post:
  • Every App is whitelisted
  • I am on ZUI Version 3.5.316 ST
  • Android 8.0.0
Any other ideas?
Did you follow my tutorial to update to 3.5.316?

Dec 2, 2016
i sync my google account and i have 327 contacts but only 11 contacts is sync ...i tried,restored the contacts but nothing show in google accounts please help me what can i do

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Try this.
Open settings in google contact app
Click in restore and choose your google email.
Or restore from your Zuk device that has 327 contacts

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018
Hi

I am new here, but I could really use your help.

I updated to 3.5.316 and had the google contacts not syncing, I was follwoing this thread to try to get it working. I do not have contacts in the google account sync option. I will attach a screenshot. I think by mistake installed a google sync contacts 6.0.1 apk . In the google contacts app I cannot login the error is account already exists. I have deleted my google account on the phone and created it again but contacts does not show.

Is there away to get around this?

Thx in advance.

Attachments

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi

I am new here, but I could really use your help.

I updated to 3.5.316 and had the google contacts not syncing, I was follwoing this thread to try to get it working. I do not have contacts in the google account sync option. I will attach a screenshot. I think by mistake installed a google sync contacts 6.0.1 apk . In the google contacts app I cannot login the error is account already exists. I have deleted my google account on the phone and created it again but contacts does not show.

Is there away to get around this?

Thx in advance.
I really dont know, if you followed exactly as in the video and still didn't get it working then I don't know.
Try a custom ROM instead, so no more problem with google stuff.

Im not on Zui anymore, I'm using Resurrection Remix 8.1, you can find it on zuk z2 pro custom roms section.

KunfuMunky

Oct 28, 2016
If it doesn't work just kick the Google contact sync and Google Contacts app to factory reset (App Only) do it a couple of times and whitelist the Apps. Eventually it will work. I factory reseted this rom so many times to figure out everything. The only thing thats not working correctly yet is my Gear S3 because the app id for some reason not supported anymore and my Google Photo's don't wanna sync,

Apr 4, 2018
I really dont know, if you followed exactly as in the video and still didn't get it working then I don't know.
Try a custom ROM instead, so no more problem with google stuff.

Im not on Zui anymore, I'm using Resurrection Remix 8.1, you can find it on zuk z2 pro custom roms section.

Hi Thanks for the reply, and I'm sorry I took so lng to reply.

I really don't want to install a custom rom right now. I have been trying to get this working, could please tell me which google contact sync came installed with the 3.5.316 version?

Thx

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi Thanks for the reply, and I'm sorry I took so lng to reply.

I really don't want to install a custom rom right now. I have been trying to get this working, could please tell me which google contact sync came installed with the 3.5.316 version?

Thx
Just update to latest zui, they fixed sync issue on 3.5.344
Maybe you have to reinstall the apps to make it work propearly after updating

Apr 4, 2018
Just update to latest zui, they fixed sync issue on 3.5.344
Maybe you have to reinstall the apps to make it work propearly after updating

Thx for the quick reply. I have updated to 3.5.344 but its still not working because I fucked up, I installed contacts:sync.apk vers 6 over the contacts_sync that came with 3.5.316 to try to get it working at the time. After I did that contacts disappeared from the account sync options.

I have uninstalled contacts and reinstalled it. It asks to configure the account but then complains that the account is already created. I tried fooling it by deleting the gmail account and then from contacts sign in to the account. Does not work , the account gets recreated but in the sync options no contacts option available. I have come the conclusion that I dont have the right contacts_sync installed, thats why I was asking for contacts_sync.apk that came 3.5.316 to install to see if I can fix it . (The conclusion I came to might not be correct any help would be greatly appreciated.)

Another option I was considering is it possible to reinstall 3.5.344 using the full OTA (1.7GB) over the 3.5.344 I already have installed?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Thx for the quick reply. I have updated to 3.5.344 but its still not working because I fucked up, I installed contacts:sync.apk vers 6 over the contacts_sync that came with 3.5.316 to try to get it working at the time. After I did that contacts disappeared from the account sync options.

I have uninstalled contacts and reinstalled it. It asks to configure the account but then complains that the account is already created. I tried fooling it by deleting the gmail account and then from contacts sign in to the account. Does not work , the account gets recreated but in the sync options no contacts option available. I have come the conclusion that I dont have the right contacts_sync installed, thats why I was asking for contacts_sync.apk that came 3.5.316 to install to see if I can fix it . (The conclusion I came to might not be correct any help would be greatly appreciated.)

Another option I was considering is it possible to reinstall 3.5.344 using the full OTA (1.7GB) over the 3.5.344 I already have installed?
Well, you can try that but as you already are on latest version I believe it will ending in fail to update.
The versions I provide on this tutorial was working fine as you can see in the video, idk why it didnt work for you.

If nothing works, do a factory reset, test the rom if it is syncing without any gapp then if not, download those in this tutorial to test.

imago

May 8, 2018
Hi, I'm getting mad with the contact sync issues too. My phone decided to stop receiving calls yesterday so I had to do something about it and get rid of the installed version following MikeS' guide to flash the phone using QFIL and then bruneba's video trying to get my contacts synced but no joy so far. I'm now running version 3.5.344 which was downloaded via OTA without any issues and after doing all the tricks I can think of (including a factory reset) the Google contacts app keeps telling me my account is in use on the device (of course it is, so use it bloody app!!) and the contacts app that ships with the OTA doesn't detect any account so it's pointless. Does anybody have any brilliant idea to make this work? I'd rather not go with a custom ROM as long as there are OTA updates...
Thanks!!!

imago

May 8, 2018
I forgot to mention that I've used bruneba's guide during the process; the one with title "Do you want to update to Oreo? READ THIS FIRST!"

imago

May 8, 2018
Finally made it work with the built-in contacts app after doing a factory reset and installing Google Contact Sync 8.1.0 although this setup feels a bit shaky. Let's see how it goes.