1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix GPS issues (and SIM)

Discussion in 'ZUK Z1' started by AdB, Jan 22, 2018.

1. AdB

AdB New Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Thank you all, I fixed my ZUK Z1 GPS problem

Here is my tutorial with all needed files :

This is how to repair broken GPS on Lenovo ZUK Z1

1. Flash Lenovo ZUK Z1 with 7DF stock rom :
    This ROM sucks because it is Android 5.1.1 BUT it is the only way to fix GPS baseband
    (See : zukfans.eu/community/threads/howto-fix-gps-issues-and-sim.5908)

2. Once 7DF firmware is flashed, download "GPS Test" app and play with GPS : for sure it will work again ;)
    Note : this step is mandatory before step 3 !

3. As Android 5.1.1 sucks, for sure you want to install last lineage android 7.1, with GPS fixed ! :)
    Follow the steps 3 to unlock this old Android (stechguide.com/unlock-bootloader-of-lenovo-zuk-z1/)

4. This old version of TWRP (twrp-3.0.2-0-Z1.img) will work with ZUK Z1 Android 5.1.1, but there is a trick :

Once you are in fastboot mode, flash twrp with the following command and DO NOT REBOOT !
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-Z1.img (DO NOT REBOOT YET)

Then, press Volume + AND Volume - simultaneaously and send this command :
    fastboot reboot (keep Volume + and Volume - down until you see TWRP on screen)

5. Install last lineageOS : Follow official instructions as usual.

Note : this procedure (steps 1 to 5) has to be repeated from step 1 each time you decide to install a new lineage update.... overwise you will get a bad GPS reception

I wish you a successfull GPS repair (this procedure is 100% tested many times on my Lenovo Zuk Z1)

portento likes this.
  2. portento

portento New Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Can you update the download link?
    It seems not to work...