Fix mobile network zuk z2

evim_l

Mar 14, 2018
If u have problems with mobile network (Can't search) then follow these steps:
1. type in phone *#*#1111#*#*
2. go to Manual Test
3. go to Sim
4. If one or both slots are ready then u have problem with WTR3925 RF chip else some problems with slots.
5. type in phone *#*#4636#*#*
6. go to Phone information
7. Check that line: Voice service: Radio off
8. If u have this line then get off back cap with hair dryer
9. heat up place with hair dryer that in red circle down:

10. Turn on phone and check mobile network. If it's not work heat up it again.
11. If second time with heating up not successful then u need to change this chip.

I wish that help u :)

xumbi

Mar 27, 2018
Hi there,

My Sim 1 is ready (i got only one sim).
I didnt understand the step 4. What should i do?

Thanks for the help

evim_l

Mar 14, 2018
Hi there,

My Sim 1 is ready (i got only one sim).
I didnt understand the step 4. What should i do?

Thanks for the help
4 step mean that you need to make sure if u have problem with chip. (problem may be with sim slots)
if u make sure that problem with chip, then follow steps after 4.
(U can try heat up chip in red circle without getiing off back cap, but it's not help me. And when i get it off and heat up chip then mobile network come back.)

Jun 18, 2017
If u have problems with mobile network (Can't search) then follow these steps:
1. type in phone *#*#1111#*#*
2. go to Manual Test
3. go to Sim
4. If one or both slots are ready then u have problem with WTR3925 RF chip else some problems with slots.
5. type in phone *#*#4636#*#*
6. go to Phone information
7. Check that line: Voice service: Radio off
8. If u have this line then get off back cap with hair dryer
9. heat up place with hair dryer that in red circle down:

10. Turn on phone and check mobile network. If it's not work heat up it again.
11. If second time with heating up not successful then u need to change this chip.

I wish that help u :)
I also have the same problem. Can you tell me from where to find this chip?

Feb 8, 2017
Nope, just a little. ~100 degrees, if u heat too much chip can broke. (~5-10 sec heating ) Is it help u?
Thank you. I mean that it is hot even I haven't done anything yet, it's already hot when I open the back cover.

Pavle

Mar 20, 2017
Belgrade
There is another fix for this problem on the forum (but is still equaly not fully confirmed).
https://zukfans.eu/community/threads/massive-breakthrough-network-is-back.7801/
I found it to risky to do myself and brought the phone to a repair service to do it for me, sadly I know they just did a factory reset and decided that it isn't worth their time. Definetly will try with another repair service at least one of theese two potential fixes, but in about a few weeks (am very busy at the moment).
Hope something fixes this issue after so much time.

evim_l

Mar 14, 2018
There is another fix for this problem on the forum (but is still equaly not fully confirmed).
I found it to risky to do myself and brought the phone to a repair service to do it for me, sadly I know they just did a factory reset and decided that it isn't worth their time. Definetly will try with another repair service at least one of theese two potential fixes, but in about a few weeks (am very busy at the moment).
Hope something fixes this issue after so much time.
I'm too trying this method, but it's not working. Problem in chip, not in signal.

Apr 3, 2017
I'm having this issue too. Last night I left the phone charging as always and when I woke up in the morning it was super hot so I restarted it. After that it didn't get signal anymore. The sim is recognized but the radio is off.
I restored ZUI a couple of times with QFIL but it didn't help.

I've also noticed that the battery drains in 6 hours or so even if the phone is turned off. Is this related to the signal issue? Are you having this problem too?

Pavle

Mar 20, 2017
Belgrade
I'm having this issue too. Last night I left the phone charging as always and when I woke up in the morning it was super hot so I restarted it. After that it didn't get signal anymore. The sim is recognized but the radio is off.
I restored ZUI a couple of times with QFIL but it didn't help.

I've also noticed that the battery drains in 6 hours or so even if the phone is turned off. Is this related to the signal issue? Are you having this problem too?
I got no network for almost 10 months now and i haven't noticed any battery problems nor overheating