Forgotten pattern pin

noname

Sep 26, 2016
Hello guys,
I forgot my pattern pin to Lenovo ZUK Z2 PRO and there is no option to unlock my phone. I have connection the the phone via Google Android Device Manager but I cannot lock and add temporary password because my phone is already locked by pattern pin. I don't wanna lost my data :(
Is there any option to get my data back? If no, how I can restore phone to factory default settings? I tried 2 combinations of pushing buttons but I just see options like:

Menu 1:
- reboot
- install update package
- poweroff

Menu 2:
- SD update
- Restore QCN
-Save Param
- Reboot
- Shutdown
- GetInfo

I don't see any option for restore to factory default settings...

Could you help me please?

Aug 4, 2016
Ok, then I don't know.
In twrp recovery there is a way to just turn the display lock off by going to the file manager and deleting some files in the system folder (no effect on system what so ever).

noname

Sep 26, 2016
Ok I have restored to factory default settings using Google account. No I will try to recover images using PhotoRec - I hope so that it's possible

Jan 11, 2017
Ok I have restored to factory default settings using Google account. No I will try to recover images using PhotoRec - I hope so that it's possible
If you have backups of the lost images, you don't have to recover them, you may have use google account to sync your device. But if you did not backup, use a data recover tool to recover lost photos from phone.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2016
If you have backups of the lost images, you don't have to recover them, you may have use google account to sync your device. But if you did not backup, use a data recover tool to recover lost photos from phone.
You answer to a post who have writed in september. I think he has no need for more help.

haris

Jun 3, 2017
i am also facing the same problem of pattern lock can u help me out because even i have also forgotten the google id and pattern lock both

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
i am also facing the same problem of pattern lock can u help me out because even i have also forgotten the google id and pattern lock both
Please use the Search a bit more :
HOW TO FIX
------------------------
  1. Simply boot into TWRP .Go to file manager.
  2. Delete (or rename) the following files inside /data/system (note that probably not all of them exist for you, simply delete those you can find):
    • password.key
    • pattern.key
    • locksettings.db-wal
    • locksettings.db-shm
    • locksettings.db
  3. Reboot the phone and After that you can simply unlock your phone with a swipe.
  4. Go into Settings > Security and set your preferred unlock method again, Android will ask you if you want to set a boot-time code too. Select whatever you want here, it's a nice security addition but can be annoying sometimes.
  5. Enjoy your phone again!
;)