MOD Google Camera Mod (Oreo)

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
Just curious to know which versions of the Google Camera mod you're all using, and, where applicable, which configurations.

Personally, I've opted for Urikill's mod, which lacks the issues with reddish/greenish tints I've noticed in the other versions (just be sure to not turn on "remove the pinkish/reddish" in the options to avoid the greenification effect); it also retains the full range of model and HDR+ configurations missing from the latest Arnova mods (Why people want less choice, I will never know!) whilst adding most of the new features.

Model config: Nexus 5X (better selfie cam quality than Nexus 6P, with the same high quality for the main camera).

HDR+ config: Pixel 2017 ZSL HDR+ or Pixel 2016 ZSL HDR.

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Im using this one.
Good HDR+ pics

Settings I'm using (you can use many others):

Model pixel 2xl
Config cam: Nexus 6 hdr+
Hdr+ parameter: High

Screenshot_Câmera_20180401-104415.png

Uninstall any gcam mod you have before installing this one

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
no problems with focus?
video or photo..
All function are working fine with those configurations. Beautiful pics with HDR+ on.

I'm on RR 8.1 clean install

The only thing is, that you have to slide to change from video to camera, if you click on the icon it will crash. Idk why but sliding is working fine to change it

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017
i will try with AEX or Cosmic.

already tried and camera isnt good, using flash it crashes, video mode without auto focus..

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
i will try with AEX or Cosmic.

already tried and camera isnt good, using flash it crashes, video mode without auto focus..
I'm using with RR 8.1 every Gcam function is working, no crash, same for the ROM, pretty stable and a lot of customizable functions.
Just what I mentioned before, you have to slide to change between camera and video, don't click in the icon.

Video proof @felyzardo

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018
All function are working fine with those configurations. Beautiful pics with HDR+ on.

I'm on RR 8.1 clean install

The only thing is, that you have to slide to change from video to camera, if you click on the icon it will crash. Idk why but sliding is working fine to change it
I don t see difference between stock camera ans gcam

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
OK better HDR+ very better but if not HDR+ it s the same?
Same, HDR+ works better than stock in low light condition.

There are a lot of gcam, not all have good pics on HDR+.

The one I'm using is pretty good, all function are working fine.

I also though that stock camera was better than any other camera on custom ROMs, until I tried this one.
I have 2 z2 pro here so I could test it. One on stock 3.5.316 and other on RR 8.1 with Gcam:

Im using this one.
Good HDR+ pics

Settings I'm using (you can use many others):

Model pixel 2xl
Config cam: Nexus 6 hdr+
Hdr+ parameter: High

View attachment 3690

Uninstall any gcam mod you have before installing this one

Mar 28, 2018
Same, HDR+ works better than stock in low light condition.

There are a lot of gcam, not all have good pics on HDR+.

The one I'm using is pretty good, all function are working fine.

I also though that stock camera was better than any other camera on custom ROMs, until I tried this one.
I have 2 z2 pro here so I could test it. One on stock 3.5.316 and other on RR 8.1 with Gcam:
Wirch version you use?