MOD Google Camera Mod (Oreo)

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi bruneba, any New versions of the camera mod?
best one is the Gcam Arnova Pixelmod 2 V6 for our Z2 Pro.

I will not work with RR 5.8.3 as there is no Cam2lib in RR 5.8.3

Change to RR 6.0. It supports GcamMod ;)

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017

using the method MRDA suggested for Noguat ROMs , it might work on RR 5.8.3.. He tested on AEX and I tested on MIUI ROM (both nougats) and GcamMod works on both ROMs

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Ok it seems Lenovo fixed their login problem in their Chinese forum so I could able to download this version of ZUI with Gcam support and upload it to Mega..anyone interested can download from the link below..
Sidenote: unfortunately original camera doesn't work on this version, only Gcam according to Chinese forum,would be nice to have both so that we could use OIS for videos.

https://mega.nz/#!jFV1gKbK!cRUx7qFLTAJGFjN_YdvdT6mxRqcncSuWwcEhvW4V68c
it seems like someone solved cam2api in ZUI , i found below topic in Chinese forums.. ZUI 3.1.218 supports Gcam , can someone download the ROM and share on mega or gdrive ?

https://club.lenovo.com.cn/thread-4407834-1-1.html

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1wSVOAcUNI4sNXabvS1hlqQ
Sent from my MI PAD 3 using Tapatalk

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
Does OIS make a difference when taking still pictures from/of a moving vehicle? Does anyone notice a difference using GCam on the latest custom ROMs from using it on beta/Nougat? Does the former result in blurrier pics? Decided to try out latest custom ROMs, but I want to know before taking it out on the road.

Sent from my Z2 Pro using Tapatalk

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Does OIS make a difference when taking still pictures from/of a moving vehicle? Does anyone notice a difference using GCam on the latest custom ROMs from using it on beta/Nougat? Does the former result in blurrier pics? Decided to try out latest custom ROMs, but I want to know before taking it out on the road.

Sent from my Z2 Pro using Tapatalk
I can't comment on OIS side of your question but Gcam is working quite good for me on MIUI 9 Nougat ROM. It's not very stable, sometimes it force closes but pic quality seems same as in Oreo ROMs.

One thing I should add here ,as shown in below link I added EIS activation through build.prop and it seems Gcam video stabilization improved after adding that command. I recently did it(only like 5 minutes ago) and did some video tests, seems like shakiness visibly decreased. But about photo improvement related to stabilization I can't comment.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Get-EIS-Electronic-Image-Stabilization-on-Any-Andr/

Sent from my MI PAD 3 using Tapatalk

Apr 5, 2017

Hi, I am using still same version on AEX 5.7 (8.1) - but could not get 60 FPS video recording. Which version of GCAM has 60 FPS working on Oreo?

Last edited:

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
Has anyone had issues taking pictures of/from moving vehicles on the latest AEX ROMs? I was on 5.7, and every pic I took under said circumstances with GCam (5.1 Toylan mod) came out super blurry. After reverting to 5.5, I can now take clear and discernable pics from/of moving vehicles, with little-to-no blur.

LPP

Jan 31, 2017
I have the latest 4.0.247ST. The google camera app does not work well. I used both versions from above posts and used both camera options and settings. No succes.. Mostly the screen turns black and he cant open the camera after i choose the given settings from above users. Also after deleting cache and retry i somehow never have teh HDR+ button in the options. It makes pictures but never in HDR mode.. I chose and tried most HDR options in menus available but i just dont get the HDR settings in my screen. Not even after shutting down the app and reopening after changing settings.. What am I missing??

Last edited: