Headphone icon stucked no sound when calling

sadstatus

Oct 3, 2017
Hı everybody . I tried many diffeent rom and different baseband and I have no solution about stucking headphone. I cant call on the phone earphone doesnt work What should I do please help.

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
maybe its a hardware issue, some pin inside the headphone jack got stuck or there´s dust/ debree inside the headphone jack. You can try to clean it with a toothpick/ needle with care not to cause more damage, or change the headphone port, its a flex that can be bought on Aliexpress.

sadstatus

Oct 3, 2017
maybe its a hardware issue, some pin inside the headphone jack got stuck or there´s dust/ debree inside the headphone jack. You can try to clean it with a toothpick/ needle with care not to cause more damage, or change the headphone port, its a flex that can be bought on Aliexpress.
I did dude.I totally removed headphone assy from the motherboard but nothing changed.I dont think Its really from hardware.Cause I can use as everythig normal with lesser audio(google play program). but when ı upgrade the firmware android 7.0 or upper lesser audio doesnt work either.

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
it seems odd to me that the software is "locking" the headphone function always enabled even if theres no headphone plugged into the phone.
This is mostly a hardware issue for sure.

How did you managed to disconnect the headphone assembly from inside the phone without disconnecting everything that is on the same part?

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
This is the headphone jack part, and it includes the vibe motor, lower mic, antena connections and extensors... You can remove only the headphone jack by cutting the little piece of flex that connects it to the daughter board (the little black part on the left side of the big black connector).

That way, theres no way it will see a headphone plugged, since the part that controls it is not present, unless the complete daughter board have some hardware issue, in this case, you need to replace the part to resolve the issue.
Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Teardown-14.jpg

sadstatus

Oct 3, 2017
This is the headphone jack part, and it includes the vibe motor, lower mic, antena connections and extensors... You can remove only the headphone jack by cutting the little piece of flex that connects it to the daughter board (the little black part on the left side of the big black connector).

That way, theres no way it will see a headphone plugged, since the part that controls it is not present, unless the complete daughter board have some hardware issue, in this case, you need to replace the part to resolve the

That way, theres no way it will see a headphone plugged, since the part that controls it is not present, unless the complete daughter board have some hardware issue, in this case, you need to replace the part to resolve the issue.
View attachment 4400
First I removed back pack of telephone and clean with cologne inside of headphone jack. and I opened phone to check whether its work or not. İt didint work headphone icon still there and I unplug connector that you attached and repower to check and nothing changed. so I powerded phone with unplugged that assy. Yes you are right phone couldnt get a signal but I only wanna check headphone section.
In my opinion (please correct if its wrong cause I m not technic service or smt lıke that) if there is no change even if headset assy unplugged its too hard to say it is hardware fault.

on the other hand I can use phone any problem with lesser auidio (google apps program). so thats way I think its software problem. even though head set active icon still on the phone, ı can use it on the earphone.
I search a solution but couldnt find yet. if any please help

Attachments

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
First I removed back pack of telephone and clean with cologne inside of headphone jack. and I opened phone to check whether its work or not. İt didint work headphone icon still there and I unplug connector that you attached and repower to check and nothing changed. so I powerded phone with unplugged that assy. Yes you are right phone couldnt get a signal but I only wanna check headphone section.
In my opinion (please correct if its wrong cause I m not technic service or smt lıke that) if there is no change even if headset assy unplugged its too hard to say it is hardware fault.

on the other hand I can use phone any problem with lesser auidio (google apps program). so thats way I think its software problem. even though head set active icon still on the phone, ı can use it on the earphone.
I search a solution but couldnt find yet. if any please help
I'm Sorry but... You said that you've cleaned the headphone jack with cologne?

Cologne, domestic alcohol or anything but Isopropyl Alcohol IS NOT recomended to clean ANY eletronic device since they are not 100% alcohol, they dilute the alcohol with water or other liquid, so that make anything but Isopropyl Alcohol dangerous to use in eletronic devices, since they can cause corrosion or other problems. They will take much more time to evaporate and meanwhile can cause short circuit between components that are still being fed by the battery energy.

Anyway... The last test you can do is, like Ive said, cut just the headphone jack part off the assembly itself. If the headphone jack is defective, by any grounded pin or any other problem, it should be enough to resolve your problem.

Or since you think its software and dont want to open the device again, your approach may work too, do what fits you best.

My best wishes :)

sadstatus

Oct 3, 2017
I'm Sorry but... You said that you've cleaned the headphone jack with cologne?

Cologne, domestic alcohol or anything but Isopropyl Alcohol IS NOT recomended to clean ANY eletronic device since they are not 100% alcohol, they dilute the alcohol with water or other liquid, so that make anything but Isopropyl Alcohol dangerous to use in eletronic devices, since they can cause corrosion or other problems. They will take much more time to evaporate and meanwhile can cause short circuit between components that are still being fed by the battery energy.

Anyway... The last test you can do is, like Ive said, cut just the headphone jack part off the assembly itself. If the headphone jack is defective, by any grounded pin or any other problem, it should be enough to resolve your problem.

Or since you think its software and dont want to open the device again, your approach may work too, do what fits you best.

My best wishes :)
Thanks for your advice. I dont want to cut it down until i make a decision for buying new headset assy. I earn time by using lessen audio. Maybe someone can find a solution
Regards...

sadstatus

Oct 3, 2017