[HOW TO] Unbrick ZUK Z2 from Diagnostic Port 900E

starsaver

Jan 10, 2017
Hello guys,

I see so many members here having the same problem which is get bricked and stuck at boot screen, the screen is black, only LED notification is on, showing a short logo screen and getting Diagnostic Port 900E at QFIL software.

I do have same problem but luckily, I can solve this problem without tearing down my device or rewired my USB-C cable.

I found this trick and I want to share it with you, perhaps it can help you solving the problem. so, lets get start it.

1. Unplug your phone from the computer.
2. Press and hold the POWER button until your phone restarting 3-5 times.
3. After the 3rd times (or more), you will see the notification LED goes off in the middle of boot process, and at that time, quick press VOLUME + button and release the POWER button but keep the VOLUME + button pressed.
4. Your phone will be at POWER OFF status.
5. After your phone is completely off, press and hold the VOLUME +, then press POWER button and connect your USB at the same time.
6. Your computer will showing a notification about a new port.
7. If you succeed, you will see Diagnostic Port 9008 at QFIL software
7. Flash your phone using QFIL software and then reboot.

That's it. My phone is now unbricked and I'm so happy with it. I hope this tutorial with help you solve the problem. Cheers

*Sorry for my english.

zuktastic

Aug 26, 2016
Belgium, Europe
No completely correct XD the right answer has been answered a lot of times :D

you just need to turn off the phone, by holding the powerbutton, keep holding the poweerbutton, your phone will vibrate and restarts,keep holding, before the second restart the led will go off then release the powerbutton :D your phone is off, not like 3-5 times XD
then setup QFIL so download is ready, set usb cable in pc take your phone hold volume+ button powerbutton and stick the usb cable in all at the same time, your pc will make a sound. the fast push download putton in Qfil if everything went right it will succeed :)

sahara problems, other problems .... read comments in the thread how to flash a stock zui rom :D

also try miflash if you can't use qfil :D

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
No completely correct XD the right answer has been answered a lot of times :D

you just need to turn off the phone, by holding the powerbutton, keep holding the poweerbutton, your phone will vibrate and restarts,keep holding, before the second restart the led will go off then release the powerbutton :D your phone is off, not like 3-5 times XD
then setup QFIL so download is ready, set usb cable in pc take your phone hold volume+ button powerbutton and stick the usb cable in all at the same time, your pc will make a sound. the fast push download putton in Qfil if everything went right it will succeed :)

sahara problems, other problems .... read comments in the thread how to flash a stock zui rom :D

Hello c ant get to 9008 mode. Tried exactly your key combination but no work

how to go to fastboot. i guess my bootloader locked so black screen. if i go to fastboot i can unlock and phone might work

zuktastic

Aug 26, 2016
Belgium, Europe

how to go to fastboot. i guess my bootloader locked so black screen. if i go to fastboot i can unlock and phone might work
I don't understand, can't you flash through qfil? Just flash a rom and boot the phone then you can unlock it, try miflash methode

Dec 5, 2016

Follow These Steps it will work
1. Turn your phone off and unplug usb cable
2. Press and hold Volume+ and then press Power button and enter usb cable together, keep holding power button for 3 seconds and you will se ZUK logo Blink, as soon as you see ZUk logo blink leave the power button immediately and your phone will enter Qdloader 9008 Port

zuktastic

Aug 26, 2016
Belgium, Europe
my phone have bricked, my led is white and allways white, and when I press the power botton apear the ZUK logo but turn off

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
Follow These Steps it will work
1. Turn your phone off and unplug usb cable
2. Press and hold Volume+ and then press Power button and enter usb cable together, keep holding power button for 3 seconds and you will se ZUK logo Blink, as soon as you see ZUk logo blink leave the power button immediately and your phone will enter Qdloader 9008 Port
In my case zuk logo dont come
when i press power buttom short vibrate and led blinks

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
I don't understand, can't you flash through qfil? Just flash a rom and boot the phone then you can unlock it, try miflash methode
How to flash qfil when phone dont go in 9008 mode
its always in 900e mode

and in my case zuk logo also not come
only short vibration and white led blinks

and i pressed power buttom for 2 vibrations so that phone become off
then vol+ and power at same time and plug usb to pc but still 900e

zuktastic

Aug 26, 2016
Belgium, Europe
How to flash qfil when phone dont go in 9008 mode
its always in 900e mode

and in my case zuk logo also not come
only short vibration and white led blinks

and i pressed power buttom for 2 vibrations so that phone become off
then vol+ and power at same time and plug usb to pc but still 900e
ah your phone is just bricked, you should be able to restore it, your boot partition got corrupted that's why you don't have an boot animation, try the miflash methode? :)

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
does the led stay on? if you keep the powerbuton on keep holding does the phone reboots and if you keep hlding does the led go off ?
No it blinking for just milliseconds

When i keep pressing power buttom after 8 seconds led blinks and short vibrate but no zuk logo doesnt come
And still i keep pressing and in 2nd vibration i leave power buttom. I guess by this time phone goes power off??

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
ah your phone is just bricked, you should be able to restore it, your boot partition got corrupted that's why you don't have an boot animation, try the miflash methode? :)
Yeah i also guess so

But for flash via miflash i need to take to 9008 mode. But i havent succeded

Nov 2, 2016

Yes I have tried but does not work

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
Taken to 9008 by deep flash cable method
but miflash says 'the filename directory name volume label syntax incorrect error code 0x8007007b: open progranner mprg.*.