[HOW TO] Unbrick ZUK Z2 from Diagnostic Port 900E

starsaver

Jan 10, 2017
i cant go to 9008 mode. Then how to flash?
First i need to take phone to 9008 mode. But i havent succeded
try to press volume + and power button at the same time for 5-10 second while it connected to computer, your computer will recognize a new device driver: QUSB_BULK, then find the driver on the internet.

what version of windows you're using? maybe you need to reinstall the driver and make sure the driver is installed properly without any error or limitation.

starsaver

Jan 10, 2017
Taken to 9008 by deep flash cable method
but miflash says 'the filename directory name volume label syntax incorrect error code 0x8007007b: open progranner mprg.*.
Rename your folder to a simple one, like CH (for China ROM) or IN (for Indian ROM) then try again

Toxic09

Oct 16, 2016
Phone is in 9008 mode now
but mi flash says receiving hello packet error

and all drivers are installed

i flashed once before via edl same phone from same pc

Mattemaio

Nov 29, 2016
No it blinking for just milliseconds

When i keep pressing power buttom after 8 seconds led blinks and short vibrate but no zuk logo doesnt come
And still i keep pressing and in 2nd vibration i leave power buttom. I guess by this time phone goes power off??
I have the same problem...Have you solved?

Jan 21, 2017
I installed the RR 5.8.0 of davidevinavil, I did the correct procedures but inexplicably the cell phone only restarts in downloader mode and in QFIL appears port 900E, I already tried the tutorial of the starsaver but the cell phone does not turn off in any way !!! Will I need a deepcable? What if I let the cell phone unload completely? Help, please!!!

Jan 21, 2017
Press power button for very long time.
May be 2 minutes
Then connect the phone to pc with vol up and down pressed
phone shall go to fastboot
then boot to twrp via fastboot

then again flash rom.

other wise deep flash cable might help
Is it normal during the 2 minutes that he keeps trying to restart every 10 seconds? And when I connect the cable on the pc I hold Volume + - the power or do I loose the power at the time of connecting?

And you referred to the deep cable, I think only it will solve but I want to try everything before!

costin85

Dec 21, 2016
Hello guys,

I see so many members here having the same problem which is get bricked and stuck at boot screen, the screen is black, only LED notification is on, showing a short logo screen and getting Diagnostic Port 900E at QFIL software.

I do have same problem but luckily, I can solve this problem without tearing down my device or rewired my USB-C cable.

I found this trick and I want to share it with you, perhaps it can help you solving the problem. so, lets get start it.

1. Unplug your phone from the computer.
2. Press and hold the POWER button until your phone restarting 3-5 times.
3. After the 3rd times (or more), you will see the notification LED goes off in the middle of boot process, and at that time, quick press VOLUME + button and release the POWER button but keep the VOLUME + button pressed.
4. Your phone will be at POWER OFF status.
5. After your phone is completely off, press and hold the VOLUME +, then press POWER button and connect your USB at the same time.
6. Your computer will showing a notification about a new port.
7. If you succeed, you will see Diagnostic Port 9008 at QFIL software
7. Flash your phone using QFIL software and then reboot.

That's it. My phone is now unbricked and I'm so happy with it. I hope this tutorial with help you solve the problem. Cheers

*Sorry for my english.
All you need to do is turn it off and after it's off hold voume up + volume down and then connect cable and it goes in fastboot mode.
Then open cmd and type fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem reboot-edl
That's it.

Dec 5, 2016
I installed the RR 5.8.0 of davidevinavil, I did the correct procedures but inexplicably the cell phone only restarts in downloader mode and in QFIL appears port 900E, I already tried the tutorial of the starsaver but the cell phone does not turn off in any way !!! Will I need a deepcable? What if I let the cell phone unload completely? Help, please!!!
To turn off cellphone Press and hold Power+Vol Up+Vol Down on any screen and keep holding until th phone turns off

Jan 21, 2017
All you need to do is turn it off and after it's off hold voume up + volume down and then connect cable and it goes in fastboot mode.
Then open cmd and type fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem reboot-edl
That's it.
I tried to do these commands that you commented and I also tried the command to go into download mode (volume + along with power and connects in 0.5s on the computer) and in both cases this error occurs: 'Unrecognized USB device'':

Note: I have all the drivers installed correctly!
Note2: Did my battery run out? If so, is this bad?