[HOWTO] Flash a Stock ZUI ROM (ZUK Z2 Pro Z2121 only!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2016
screenshot comparison please. You are in diagnostic port. You need QDLoader Port. You did something wring

Please also use 1.9 for qfil as you have an unlocked bootloader abd need to relock with 1.9
I would like to make sure I don't make a mistake this time so how do I relock the bootloader?

Sep 25, 2016
I have read the tutorial over and over again. On one PC it simply would not work on either port I tried. I decided to try this again at home. Both ports in the front did not work. Finally it worked by using one of the rear ports in back of my PC. I now have the original rom but I will be looking for an international rom to use should I get bored of this one. Thanks for everyone's help.

Shumito

Jun 4, 2017
hello guys , please where could i download india ROM for Zuk Z2 PRO ? actually im on CN ROM with english language but i would like to have zui 2.5 without CN apps and language.Thanks in advance
did you find india version ??? Where? Thanks

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
I have uploaded the latest ZUI 2.5.435 to my Google Drive :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Qf53G0RINCZXQ5MjJxQ3gybFU/view?usp=sharing

It's the file Z2121_CN_OPEN_USER_Q01080.2_N_ZUI_2.5.435_ST_170525_qpst.7z from this thread :
https://zukfans.eu/community/threads/zui-2-5-435-qpst-only.6272/

Could the right people do their thing :

- Add this link to the topic I got the file from.
- Add the file to the other list of files mentioned in the start post of this topic.
- Anything else that I might have forgotten :)

Thnx! ;)

Ebaskreba

Jun 14, 2017
Okey thank you! Had some issues with 1.1.4 step, but after adapting the drivers from other guide (gizmochina . com/2016/08/24/zuk-z2-z2-pro-rom-flashing-guide/) i managed to get adb reboot edl command running as it needed to. Also the language change into Chinese -> English didn't exactly go as in the videos, but hey i managed to change it!:D After multiple hours of "hard work" i got the updates&everything is working:cool:

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017
Leiden, Netherlands
For all the bricked ones here..:)

I had a lot of sahara errors, but finally found this: ( btw, the color of the leds doesn,t matter )

1) Inititial state is: The phone is powered on and the white LED is on. The phone is not plugged into USB.
2) Hold power button for about ~7-10s until the LED turns off and keep holding power
3) The device will turn on again and shows ZUK Logo for a short time, keep holding the power button
4) You will see the white LED again and the display is black,
5) After ~5s (less time than in 2.), the white LED turns off again. As soon as this happens, release the power button and press and hold Volume Up for 5s
Your phone is now being turned off
I ) Press and hold Volume Up and Volume Down button
II ) Connect your phone to the computer with a type-c usb cable
III) Your Phone is now in fastboot mode (release the keys)
IV) Open terminal (cmd) and type
fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem reboot-edl

Congratulations! You are now in 9008 with neither removing the battery nor breaking down an USB cable

After this, the rom downloaded easily and fast. Yep, I have it working again...;-)

Jun 3, 2017
Hi everybody!

I just got my fake shop rom ZUK Z2 PRO today and I tried to follow the tutorial from the 2nd post on this thread.
I am encountering a problem @ step 1.1.4If your phone isn't bricked(Method 1):
When I type adb reboot edl from the directory in which I have downloaded the ADB+and+fastboot files and press enter, the phone just shuts down and nothing appears on its screen. Then I have to power it back on, but no matter how many times I do this, nothing else happens after I type in the command.

Attaching a screenshot of the command prompt.
Please help me with some advice!

Attachments

Jun 3, 2017
Loool it not shutdown. It boot into EDL mode.
Just keep going the tutorial..

Gesendet von meinem Z2 Pro mit Tapatalk
OK, this is good to know - thanks, but I did another try, restarted my PC and did the adb reboot edl command again.
Now the cmd prompt wrote this :

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd../..

C:\>cd adb

C:\adb>adb reboot edl
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\adb>

Attaching screenshot.
The phone still looks like it's turned off, but I believe u if you say it's not and I am on the right path.

However, If try to proceed with the next step, (1.1.5Press the Download Content button to proceed the flashing.) I cannot do it because the Download content button is grayed out and clicking on it does nothing. Attached screenshot.

Please help!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.