1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HOWTO] Flash a Stock ZUI ROM (ZUK Z2 Pro Z2121 only!)

Discussion in 'ZUK Z2 Pro' started by MikeS, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ads2801

ads2801 Member

I need help. Well, today I received my new amazing ZUK Z2 Pro. Unfortunely, this phones goes with a modified official ROM with some languages, and some bugs that don't appeared in official ROM, like wifi network not working, and SIM card not workin too.
    Like a noob, that I am, with this phone, I tryed to update via recovery: SD Uptade. So now its semibricked. Like I know, I download drivers, and flashtool, and follow this tutorial, but it is impossible to me to make the computer detects the phone.
    Ever time I try, I get this error: Download Fail: Swith to EDL FailFailed to Switch to Emergency Download mode. I'm running Windows 10, and
    obviously I disable drivers signature, and I follow this step by step tutorial, and chinese too, but I can't make the computer flash my phone. I didn't enjoy my phone since now, due to this problem: is bricked.
    Can anyone help me? Thanks and regards.

PS: sorry my english, my bad. I try the best.
    PS2: I'm going to test in other PC with Win 7 installed
    Its 5.34Am and still without sleeping.

2. ads2801

ads2801 Member

UPDATE: Finally, I have been able to flash official ROM. I tryed in other computer, following step-by-step tutorial, and I don't know why but works with no problems. Only I found Sahara fail, so I close the app and rename the folder to a short name and ready for know. I will test if ges well.
    All night trying to flash the rom...thanks.

UPDATE2:Now it can boot my lovely Android, and I'm so happy....its in chinese, but is not problem for me, I saw tutorial about change language. Thanks

diego and Tom Luyten like this.
  3. MikeS

MikeS Active Member

Ok. Nice to hear that. Sorry I wasn't able to help you tonight, cause I slept ;-)

4. ads2801

ads2801 Member

Don't worry about. Now I have my official ROM working properly with no bugs and any problems were found by me since now. Thanks so much.
    Today I'm going to try root the phone and install TWRP. Thanks for this amazing forum.

5. D-Mile

D-Mile New Member

Hi there, I bought my zuk 2 pro from coolicool.com and they delivered it with a multilanguage Version of ZUI 1.9.104 ST. I followed the
    tutorial and everything worked out fine to the point I press download. It takes a minute or so and then it comes back with an error

Parallels Picture.png

don't know what to do from here now. Any Ideas?
    BTW. I unlocked the Bootloader (if that changes anything in regard to the flashing procedure) and
    now I have a 5 sec message telling me that this device cannot be trusted anymore, everytime I boot the phone (very annoying)...

Cheers! Dan

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  6. D-Mile

D-Mile New Member

Got it sorted by re-locking the bootloader. The latest ROM, I downloaded from the provided link, was quite tall 2,6GB. When I checked the content the Rom was in there twice (once more in a subfolder) and when unpacking it wanted a password (club.lenovo.com.cn). So I downloaded the 1.9.104 and tryied it with that one instead. Worked perfectly. Thanks for the tutorial m-atze!

7. ads2801

ads2801 Member

Sahara fail is due a long name file, or the file is not in C: drive. I fix this error moving the folder to the root of C:/ drive, and sorting its name.
    Also, a message telling that this device cannot be trusted is normal, don't worry about.

8. Dursun Tosun

Dursun Tosun New Member

If you use Windows 10, You should disable driver sginature.

9. denjselg

denjselg New Member

Just a tip for those who shortened the file name and disabled driver signature and still get the sahara error. Be sure to restart your phone and put it into fastboot once again after you've restarted your computer. My mistake was leaving it like that after reboots without rebooting the phone itself. Also, you will know if the qualcom drivers are installed by going into device manager and checking 'ports'.
    I also noticed that the latest 2.0.057st firmware is in the archive twice so either one should work, and i made sure to put it in the root of my drive and just named the folder Z(just to be safe). Hope this helps

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  10. BobingerBueble

BobingerBueble New Member

Hey there,

the download process skips for me prompting the following error:

21:02:59: {ERROR: Could not read from '\\.\COM3', Windows API ReadFile failed! Your device is probably *not* on this port
    }
    Download Fail:FireHose Fail FHLoader Fail: Process fail​

The phone/port does appear as working properly in my Windows device manager but is not listed using the "adb-devices"-comment (after having triggered the reboot according to the guide).

I did install the ZUK and Qualcomm drivers and I'm in testing mode, too. Running Win 10 Pro (Build 10568). My Z2 Pro has a locked bootloader and the international firmware from uuonlineshop installed.
    Error occurred for the 2.0.057 as well as the 2.0.048 version.

Any guesses? Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  11. Pelletspelle

Pelletspelle Administrator
    Staff Member

Would be good with a screenshot

12. BobingerBueble

I'll happily provide it if I know what to capture? The QFIL Screen, the log, the device manager or something else?

13. Pelletspelle

Staff Member

Qfil screen when you try to flash

14. BobingerBueble

There you go:

Before start of flashing:
    upload_2016-8-28_5-45-3.png

After aborting:
    upload_2016-8-28_5-43-53.jpeg

15. Pelletspelle

Staff Member

Didn't you install the adb setup?

16. BobingerBueble

Update:
    I "solved" the issue by switching to another PC for flashing, generally doing exactly the same thing for both devices (yes, including adb). Thanks, Pelletspelle, I am fine now.

However, it might be interesting to trace the root of the problem for future cases and I am not using the zuk as my productive device, yet, I am ready to experiment a little in the next days if this is of any helfp to you (seems like a hardware issue, because the software config is quite alike on both devices).

17. dubsmachine

dubsmachine Member

Great guide, worked perfectly with no issues.
    Now I have proper ZUI with all the apps instead of the international tweaked one. :)
    Thanks

Looking forward to using this device and being part of the community.

18. Tek

Tek Member

Thanks for the great guide! :)

But can anyone make this clear: Is it possible to flash a new version of ZUI (e.g. 2.1.120) when the phone is unlocked and rooted (without relocking/unrooting it)? Because in the guide it is stated that it works, but in another thread (Link) e.g. @huebi wrote, that the phone has to be relocked/unrooted.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
    Tek

19. MikeS

MikeS Active Member

Update via Sd method works even if your bootloader is unlocked and you are rooted!

I did it at Sunday. After Update your phone is unrooted, but this should be no problem at all. Just root again via TWRP.

20. ads2801

ads2801 Member

So TWRP doesn't broke if I update vis sd method? Thankx I can't test it for now, or maybe I could find time ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.