[HOWTO] Flash a Stock ZUI ROM (ZUK Z2 Z2131 only!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolex0815

Jul 18, 2016
It's been written here so many times ...

Stock ZUI ROM = English or Chinese.
Then there's also the Indian ROM of ZUI, but noone with Hebrew.

ramees.kr

May 8, 2017
After flashing the CN 1.9 vesion via qpst I'm able to get OTA.
But it changed my phone's serial number.
Its not what i got on the box.

I'm getting OTAs when I change my VPN to china. I'm from india and i would like to get back to stock as possible.

I'm assuming that the CN ROM when flashed changed my serial to a Chinese model.
Sorry if it is a fallacy.

If it is so can you please dig out the ROM and find the file which makes it do?
I hope if it's the case we can change the model numbers

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

zackes

Jan 17, 2017
After flashing the CN 1.9 vesion via qpst I'm able to get OTA.
But it changed my phone's serial number.
Its not what i got on the box.

I'm getting OTAs when I change my VPN to china. I'm from india and i would like to get back to stock as possible.

I'm assuming that the CN ROM when flashed changed my serial to a Chinese model.
Sorry if it is a fallacy.

If it is so can you please dig out the ROM and find the file which makes it do?
I hope if it's the case we can change the model numbers

my box doesn't have any serial number, just IMEI and some other codes, but none of them are the serial of my phone. and after flashing the chinese 1.9 my serial stayed the same since I used the same file to unlock the bootloader I used before.

ramees.kr

May 8, 2017
my box doesn't have any serial number, just IMEI and some other codes, but none of them are the serial of my phone. and after flashing the chinese 1.9 my serial stayed the same since I used the same file to unlock the bootloader I used before.
May be the serial on the box and one on the phone may be different.

But how come, IMEI on the phone and box are the same

zuknysa

Jan 25, 2017
No, this is not quite true.
The only correct way to correct lock the bootloader is flash stock 1.9.044.
Hey, could you please answer these questions:

Currently I have some custom 2.0.093 ST that came with phone from Banggood

1. how do I check if my bootloader is locked?
2. if bootloader is locked, should I try to flash 2.5.334 ST as this is the newest version linked in "Download ROM (Firmware) - (Download latest!)" section in the first post, or should I flash some older version (as I see tutorial was made on 1.9.063 ST) and get a newer one OTA?
3. if it is unlocked/re-locked (I saw one of your previous posts saying re-locked is a possible status too) should I download and flash 1.9.044 to change status to locked?
4. if I'd like to backup current ROM in case something goes wrong so I can restore to that version, what should I use to do that?

TheStig

Apr 23, 2017
Hey, what's your goal? If your goal is installing Indian ROM, probably my experience is helpful.

I have bought two z2 from banggood so far. With banggood rom, I couldn't check data usage, so I replace it with Indian ROM.

Basically I followed the exact steps in the first message of this thread. When you select a rom(there are about four, I believe) choose the latest one with "...EN..." in its filename. I had to bake three times because of choosing Chinese ROMs!

One of my phone got 2.5.104 st via OTA, but one I got a few days ago is 2.0.x (I guess OTA update is available in a couple of days)

Hope this helps

Hey, could you please answer these questions:

Currently I have some custom 2.0.093 ST that came with phone from Banggood

Last edited:

zuknysa

Jan 25, 2017
Hey, what's your goal?
My goal was to basically not get stuck on some old rom for forever :) because that banggood rom had disabled updates. I decided to risk a bit and go without backup and go against the recommendation and not to choose the newest rom but 1.9.063 ST QPST instead so the original rom that tutorial was made with. Seems like everything is working so far. Using FAQ from the second post I set language to English, installed google play store, installed FlyVPN and the system update is now updating OTA to 2.0.0.69 ST. And this is where I made a mistake I think, I should have used the tip from previous page "TIP: after detecting the OTA notification, just change the VPN to any other eg.US,Germany etc. Then download." so it would be faster. I'm now connected to Shanghai vpn and the download is really slow (remaining time jumps between 2 to even 4 hours)

EDIT: and FlyVPN only has three 20 minutes trials so it just stopped working until tomorrow... So now I'm in need of another vpn that offers Chinese servers. Or should I forget about it and just manually download and flash the latest rom from first post? I don't see the option to cancel that OTA update/download that I've started. There is only option to either continue the download or reboot into recovery mode.

Last edited:

zackes

Jan 17, 2017
My goal was to basically not get stuck on some old rom for forever :) because that banggood rom had disabled updates. I decided to risk a bit and go without backup and go against the recommendation and not to choose the newest rom but 1.9.063 ST QPST instead so the original rom that tutorial was made with. Seems like everything is working so far. Using FAQ from the second post I set language to English, installed google play store, installed FlyVPN and the system update is now updating OTA to 2.0.0.69 ST. And this is where I made a mistake I think, I should have used the tip from previous page "TIP: after detecting the OTA notification, just change the VPN to any other eg.US,Germany etc. Then download." so it would be faster. I'm now connected to Shanghai vpn and the download is really slow (remaining time jumps between 2 to even 4 hours)

EDIT: and FlyVPN only has three 20 minutes trials so it just stopped working until tomorrow... So now I'm in need of another vpn that offers Chinese servers. Or should I forget about it and just manually download and flash the latest rom from first post? I don't see the option to cancel that OTA update/download that I've started. There is only option to either continue the download or reboot into recovery mode.
Here I used the VPN just to start the download. Then I disconnected from the VPN and continued the download with my internet at a much faster rate.

TheStig

Apr 23, 2017
My goal was to basically not get stuck on some old rom for forever :)
Then why don't you follow the steps in the first message? The Z2 I got yesterday (from banggood), had initially 2.0.093_ST(from Z2132_EN_OPEN_USER_Q01017.1_M_ZUI_2.0.093_ST_160811_qpst.7z), then a few hours ago today (about 24 hours later) got the first OTA update and now 2.0.133ST. And probably a couple of days later probably 2.5.x, I bet. My first Z2 has currently 2.5.104 ST, Android 7.0.

I followed all the steps in the first message, and haven't done any bootloader lock or VPN business (I am in Australia and not sure if this matters) - I prefer a minimal amount of work to make Z2 gets OTA updates.

Last edited:

zuknysa

Jan 25, 2017
I followed all the steps in the first message, and haven't done any bootloader lock or VPN business (I am in Australia and not sure if this matters) - I prefer a minimal amount of work to make Z2 gets OTA updates.
I did that too with one exception, I flashed older rom (it was suggested to flash the latest one available), maybe that's why I couldn't find/download an OTA update without VPNing into China. Haven't locked bootloader either, I guess that it was locked, I just asked in the previous post because in one of the steps in first post it is written (in red so I guess that's really important) to make sure bootloader is locked and otherwise phone could get bricked.

Anyway, in FAQ there is a link to some other thread explaining what to do in case there are problems with connecting to update servers etc. The solution seems to be to just force System Update shutdown, clear cache and data, restart phone and try again. I'll try this later today.

EDIT: Somehow I missed the option to enable 14 free days in FlyVPN... So I did that and finished (took 2-3 hours due to slow vpn) updating to 2.0.0.69 ST. Then I could update without vpn, finally really fast, first to
2.3.042 ST and then to 2.5.334 ST (Android 7.0) so hurray :) Tomorrow I'll check if everything works fine and if there isn't too much annoying bloatware so I won't need to bother with custom roms. I could have saved myself some time by just doing exactly what has been told in the first post lol = flashing latest rom available so 2.5.334 ST

Last edited:

Rohit

May 21, 2017
I am stuck with the shop ROM where the lower part of screen has not been responding - like this -

I am told that going to the Stock ROM will fix my problem however there is one more mess that has happened. I tried to do factory reset before enabling developer mode or unlocking the bootloader. Now I am stuck at the Chinese Welcome Screen where continue button is at the bottom of the screen and I can't tap it to move on.

Question - is there a way to still go ahead and flash stock ROM on this phone that has no developer mode ON or bootloader unlocked.

ramees.kr

May 8, 2017
I am stuck with the shop ROM where the lower part of screen has not been responding - like this -

I am told that going to the Stock ROM will fix my problem however there is one more mess that has happened. I tried to do factory reset before enabling developer mode or unlocking the bootloader. Now I am stuck at the Chinese Welcome Screen where continue button is at the bottom of the screen and I can't tap it to move on.

Question - is there a way to still go ahead and flash stock ROM on this phone that has no developer mode ON or bootloader unlocked.
Connect OTG and connect a mouse.
You can use it even of your touch doesn't work.

I don't think it's a software problem mate.
It must've probably got problem with your touch

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk

May 24, 2017
i did everything right until the prompt part. when i press shift+ right click on w10, it appear: open power shell. and the comand is not working in power shell.

crisps

Aug 28, 2016
i did everything right until the prompt part. when i press shift+ right click on w10, it appear: open power shell. and the comand is not working in power shell.
A little bit more Informationen would be helpful.
Screenshot... What error in command shell... Etc.

Your Problem is like..
"help me my car wont drive"

Gesendet von meinem Z2 Pro mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.