[HOWTO] Flash a Stock ZUI ROM (ZUK Z2 Z2131 only!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Windows 10 / 64

I had that too with unlocking the bootloader. Drivers not installed. Z2 connected to pc gave "Zuk Z2" as station D in the explorer. Dubble click there and i found the drivers.exe.
Do you have your device as station in the explorer too?
Otherwise install drivers seperately again.

Aug 23, 2016
Hey Friendsss,

Finally I had accomplished the job...Installed stock ZUI 2.0.69 ST today by spending just 30 minutes

Had mainly two challenges though..

Descriptively I am writing the challenges I faced this in this forum,below, so that others might get help...

Qualcomm Driver issue was solved by installing the drivers in the following link provided by m_atze. Kudooos!!! dude.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424959217

After that I faced error as follows

Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:The directory name is invalid

This got cleared when I deleted foreign characters in the folder name and moved the full ROM folder to Desktop

Then I faced a challenge as follows..

10:02:52: ERROR: function: main:259 Could not connect to \\.\COM9
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail

This issue was solved by installing Lenovo USB drivers again.

Many Thanks for m_atze, Alexzui, Pelletspelle, ZX_DIO for your amazing help
Special mention to Alexzui as he gave me confidence in doing this...

Thanks and best regards,
Liju.

NB:- I used Windows 7 64 bit...

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2016
Dear Friends,

Now I need your help to remove unncessary Chinese apps and Install Google Play services

Regards,
Liju.

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Dear Liju,
Great job!

Nice to know that we all can help eachother out here on this forum.

GApps > search for GApps.apk on the internet. Connect device to pc. Drag GApps to internal storage of device, you put it in the download folder, then you know where to find it.
Go to explorer of your device and search the GApps.apk in the folder. (Or zip in the main page of explorer).
Double click the zip for installing.
That's what i did and it worked.

I have to go to work now.

You can uninstall the Chinese apps by put your finger on the app. There will be a little crosse in the left side of it. Click on the cross.

See ya,
Alex

Good luck my friend.

zuktastic

Aug 26, 2016
Belgium, Europe
On your device there is the chinese market you can just look Google, then you will get all google apps like google play services and google play store,.... You have to install google play services first then google play store (services look like a piece from a jigsaw puzzle, google play store looks like a white bag) then you are good to go. If you are rooted or you want to root install titanium backup and freeze all chinees apps but first you always need replacements let say you freeze the contacts app from zui than you need to download google contacts from apkmirror.com and the google contacs sync because google says it is not compatible . Always install all your favorite apps from playstore or backup apks like apk mirror, if you have those and then delete or freeze the chinese apps. One more thing don't freeze or delete the safe center app, you will need it for the permissions otherwise you can't open the moest apps because if you go to settings on your phone and you go to permissions section you won't see it there, by defreezing it won't work it breaks a link with the system. You also need this app to controll the background usage off apps like auto starts, like notifications, so you can install apks not from google play store.

Aug 23, 2016
On your device there is the chinese market you can just look Google, then you will get all google apps like google play services and google play store,.... You have to install google play services first then google play store (services look like a piece from a jigsaw puzzle, google play store looks like a white bag) then you are good to go. If you are rooted or you want to root install titanium backup and freeze all chinees apps but first you always need replacements let say you freeze the contacts app from zui than you need to download google contacts from apkmirror.com and the google contacs sync because google says it is not compatible . Always install all your favorite apps from playstore or backup apks like apk mirror, if you have those and then delete or freeze the chinese apps. One more thing don't freeze or delete the safe center app, you will need it for the permissions otherwise you can't open the moest apps because if you go to settings on your phone and you go to permissions section you won't see it there, by defreezing it won't work it breaks a link with the system. You also need this app to controll the background usage off apps like auto starts, like notifications, so you can install apks not from google play store.

Dear Friend,

I said what you told.But after updating Google Play services ,I got a problem when I open Gmail saying "Google Playservices encountered an error with Gmail and need to close and Gmail app got closed suddenly,Then I uninstalled Google Play services by clicking "Uninstall Update and after that its started working"

So now I dont have Google Play services ,Then I think my applications will not get update ,right??

Did anybody here face this issue??

Regards,
Liju

zuktastic

Aug 26, 2016
Belgium, Europe
Dear Friend,

I said what you told.But after updating Google Play services ,I got a problem when I open Gmail saying "Google Playservices encountered an error with Gmail and need to close and Gmail app got closed suddenly,Then I uninstalled Google Play services by clicking "Uninstall Update and after that its started working"

So now I dont have Google Play services ,Then I think my applications will not get update ,right??

Did anybody here face this issue??

Regards,
Liju
Sorry didn't read all the conversation. Tell me again. You installed from chinese store google play services and then installed gmail but google play services started tl crash?
Did you also installed google play store and loged in to google play store and downloaded one app. If you do that google play services also gets updated and also gmail because inthe chinese market there is still the old google play services and gmail and google play store but afer they are connected to the internet they get updated but you need to be loged in first. And maybe also reboot the phone. It is possible they crashed because they are old versions.

Aug 23, 2016
Sorry didn't read all the conversation. Tell me again. You installed from chinese store google play services and then installed gmail but google play services started tl crash?
Did you also installed google play store and loged in to google play store and downloaded one app. If you do that google play services also gets updated and also gmail because inthe chinese market there is still the old google play services and gmail and google play store but afer they are connected to the internet they get updated but you need to be loged in first. And maybe also reboot the phone. It is possible they crashed because they are old versions.
Dear zuktastic

Sorry Friend for the late reply.As you said now I installed google services and playstore from Chinese App store and everything went fine.Earlier I downloaded Google services from Chinese App store and used plastore apk provided by m_atze in this forum .But I doubt they have old versions of Google services and Playstore.But now I can download all the apps from playstore

Thanks for your amazing support dear.

Regards,
Liju.

Aug 23, 2016
Dear All,
Also 1 more doubt I am not getting any update of apps from Playstore (Google services & Playstore) installed already.

Regards,
Liju

zuktastic

Aug 26, 2016
Belgium, Europe
Dear All,
Also 1 more doubt I am not getting any update of apps from Playstore (Google services & Playstore) installed already.

Regards,
Liju
What do you mean? Can you provide a screenshot of your problem? Can you download and install from playstore. But you don't get that there are updates for your apps?

Lippasti

Aug 17, 2016
Hi,

I flashed this rom and so far it's working fine for me.
Is it now possible with this rom (no root, bootloader locked) to do OTA updates via FlyVPN or does this pose any risks?

Thanks for your help.

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hi,

I flashed this rom and so far it's working fine for me.
Is it now possible with this rom (no root, bootloader locked) to do OTA updates via FlyVPN or does this pose any risks?

Thanks for your help.
No risks as far as i know. Works fine and updates are coming in.

Don't forget to forced stop system update and clear data/cache first.

Aug 17, 2016
Hello How do you use brush method to change between stable and dev roms? :)
I dont understand how to do it.

zuktastic

Aug 26, 2016
Belgium, Europe
Do I have to relock my bootloader before doing this?
I'm planning to get the ST version.
You mean QFIL flashing the 1.9.0.44ST or 2.0.069ST version rom? Or flashing the ST or dev versiom through twrp. Ifyou stock flash through QFIl it is best to lock the bootloader. If you flash through twrp you don't need to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.