INDIAN Indian Z2 Plus - QPST Official firmware ZUI_2.0.093_ST

Budi Heru

Aug 29, 2016
Hello i get a ZUK Z2 without pro is from gearbest with shop Rom multilaguage 1.9.0.44
Iwant to flash the indian rom, without unlock the Bootloader!!
Is it possible?
Can i flash the indian rom direcly by QFIL method (matze) ? Or by MIflash and ADB
What are the steps in my case?
My case was having to use QFIL to unlock bootloader to go to fastboot mode. I was force to use this method coz everytime i went to bootloader mode and choose fastboot, my zuk keeps restarting. Only after unlocking my bootloader, my zuk can enter Fastboot. Then I use Miflash to flash ZUI_2.0.093_ST. Make sure you flash with the one with .qpts extension to flash. If you succeed, go to Setting/advance/systemupdate to update to 2.0.111. I read somewhere in this forum that it is possible to flash without unlocking bootloader, which was my first intended method. After 8hrs of trying, I give in to QFIL and unlocking bootloader, and miflash...advance menu and update to latest 2.0.111. This method my be wrong, so take it with a bit of salt

Last edited:

Nik

Oct 17, 2016
Australia
I was on 2.1.059ST_root_xposed, with unlocked bootloader, i then flashed ZUI_2.0.093_ST my device is now locked again, on the fastboot screen it says "DEVICE STATE - LOCKED" but i can't ota update, i have tried the force stop and clear data about 10 times, as soon as the download completes it fails, i tried this with a vpn to india and without, it fails at 100% either way, is there a way to manually install the ota update? Please?

Oct 20, 2016
I am using lenovo z2 plus, with the pre installed indian rom currently version 2.0.111 st.
I am unable to receive notifications from apps like watsapp, messenger, tinder, etc.
Also the "nfs no limits" crashes without any errors right after few seconds.
This notification issue is troubling me a lot. I have some idea that the forceful killing of these apps is causing such behavior. How to fix this. Thanks for helping me in advance.

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Oct 20, 2016
I am unable to receive notifications on watsapp in indian zui rom
I don't want to get into the hassel of loading a custom rom.

d5aqoep

Oct 3, 2016
I was on 2.1.059ST_root_xposed, with unlocked bootloader, i then flashed ZUI_2.0.093_ST my device is now locked again, on the fastboot screen it says "DEVICE STATE - LOCKED" but i can't ota update, i have tried the force stop and clear data about 10 times, as soon as the download completes it fails, i tried this with a vpn to india and without, it fails at 100% either way, is there a way to manually install the ota update? Please?
How did you flash? Using Mi Tools or QPST?

I have never been able to get my bootloader out of Relocked state. I think you are bluffing unless you tell us exactly the steps you took to get your bootloader into Locked state.

You can try to factory reset your phone from settings -> Advanced
On boot, it will ask you to update from notifications drop down menu.

Last edited:

Nik

Oct 17, 2016
Australia
How did you flash? Using Mi Tools or QPST?

I have never been able to get my bootloader out of Relocked state. I think you are bluffing unless you tell us exactly the steps you took to get your bootloader into Locked state.

You can try to factory reset your phone from settings -> Advanced
On boot, it will ask you to update from notifications drop down menu.

haha i'm not bluffing i'm as surprised as you are, i bought the phone off aliexpress, flashed ......43 st, realized i needed root and had issues with push notifications, unlocked bootloader, installed twrp, flashed 2.1.059ST_root_xposed then posted in this thread about no notifications and asked if anyone knew the solution (have a look for yourself) then found this one and flashed it with qpst straight over top of 2.1.059ST_root_xposed with twrp and unlocked bootloader, no more chinglish on startup about how my phone is insecure and when i go into fastboot it says locked. I think (correct me if i'm wrong) both you and Zuktastic relocked your bootloader before you flashed with Qfil, so maybe that's the difference.

Nik

Oct 17, 2016
Australia
I am using lenovo z2 plus, with the pre installed indian rom currently version 2.0.111 st.
I am unable to receive notifications from apps like watsapp, messenger, tinder, etc.
Also the "nfs no limits" crashes without any errors right after few seconds.
This notification issue is troubling me a lot. I have some idea that the forceful killing of these apps is causing such behavior. How to fix this. Thanks for helping me in advance.

my advice would be to re flash this rom with qpst, maybe you have some version of vendor rom or software pre installed that is messing with your push notifications, the only way to see is to try, but that's the only thing different i can think of, it works perfect for me

Nik

Oct 17, 2016
Australia
When you remove all Indian apps Ota update is crashing. Yes, it's possible to remove all, but I think 9apps is the system app.
Might be why none of my ota attempts worked, i removed all the bloat straight away, crap i dont want to flash again just to see i just set everything up....:(

Oct 14, 2016
Might be why none of my ota attempts worked, i removed all the bloat straight away, crap i dont want to flash again just to see i just set everything up....:(
I did the same thing, after few days of reading and trying I did the factory reset and voila - ota update is now working.

d5aqoep

Oct 3, 2016
haha i'm not bluffing i'm as surprised as you are, i bought the phone off aliexpress, flashed ......43 st, realized i needed root and had issues with push notifications, unlocked bootloader, installed twrp, flashed 2.1.059ST_root_xposed then posted in this thread about no notifications and asked if anyone knew the solution (have a look for yourself) then found this one and flashed it with qpst straight over top of 2.1.059ST_root_xposed with twrp and unlocked bootloader, no more chinglish on startup about how my phone is insecure and when i go into fastboot it says locked. I think (correct me if i'm wrong) both you and Zuktastic relocked your bootloader before you flashed with Qfil, so maybe that's the difference.
I tried it. Doesn't work. My unlocked bootloader stays unlocked even after QPST flashing. I used QPST as well as Xiaomi tool but no difference.
If I pass the adb fastboot command to lock the bootloader, the status changes to relocked.

So I still don't believe you. :rolleyes:

Run the updater app and please post a screenshot of that app's status.

Last edited:

Nik

Oct 17, 2016
Australia
I tried it. Doesn't work. My unlocked bootloader stays unlocked even after QPST flashing. I used QPST as well as Xiaomi tool but no difference.
If I pass the adb fastboot command to lock the bootloader, the status changes to relocked.

So I still don't believe you. :rolleyes:

Run the updater app and please post a screenshot of that app's status.
Ahh well you can't please everyone, your guess is as good as mine on this one, did you flash from the 2.1.059ST_root_xposed rom to this rom with unlocked bootloader, that was my exact procedure. Anyways factory reset did not get me anywhere, it still completes download and then says paused, then after a few seconds of waiting it says, download failed.
When i factory reset again i have no service, i think the modem is gone... looks like i'll be flashing with qpst again when i get home - didn't bring the cable. I might unlock my bootloader then have a go at what i did before and see if it's the same the second time around...

now that i think of it, when you bought yours was it a z2 plus or just the standard z2?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2016
Mine is Indian Z2 Plus purchased from Indian online store with Indian warranty.
can I come back to stock zui 2.0.111 after flashing a custom rom ?
I have z2 plus India unit, unlocked bootloader, twrp (chinese/english).
I am pretty familiar with flashing roms with twrp, but here I see few threads and it seems difficult to come back to stock, is it?
Where can I find full signed zip of my current ZUI 2.0.111?
Thanks in advance, really need help here.