MOD Installing Google Camera mods on Nougat ROMs.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
For anyone still on Nougat, I managed to get Pixel2Mod to work on my backup AEX 4.6 ROM. Here's how:

1) First, you'll need a root explorer (I use Solid Explorer)

2) Via your root explorer, navigate to root/system. Scroll down until you see the build.prop. Click and open the file using your root explorer's text editor.

3) In the build prop, search for the "persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=0" string. Change the 0 to a 1, save and exit the build.prop.

4) Reboot phone to recovery.

5) Download the ossTWRP zip file from here. Copy it onto your phone's internal memory. Flash via TWRP. Reboot.

6) Download Arnova's Pixel2Mod (I used version 6 for my test). Install as standard. You should now have a working GCam mod on your Nougat ROM. Enjoy!

Feel free to test this with other GCam mods. So far, the Arnova P2 mods are the only ones I've seen to work without issues (e.g: green selfies/portraits).

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Maaaaan, you are the best! For how many months I was digging forums to find a way to get Gcam work on Nougat ( especially on MIUI ROM because I'm a true fan of that interface even more than stock Android ) and finally by your method it works! Thanks a ton!
By the way maybe in AEX ROM you have a more stable performance but in MIUI ROM portrait mode works %60-70 of time but it's still acceptable. Other functions works without any problems.

edit: Gcam mod works perfectly with MIUI 10 Nougat ROM

Sent from my MI PAD 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited: