Low call volume

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
I too was hovering over the buy button for a replacement speaker part when suddenly today the in call speaker has begun working again, and is seemingly fully back to normal!..

I haven't done anything to correct this problem nor banged or dropped my phone recently. It's just completely randomly started working again.

Explain that...
As a technician, that is my work, its hard to explain any cause of problem that I did not saw happening with me or even with a phone that was left for repair... I do repairs mainly for iPhones, but my Zuk Z2 never had any problems, so I cant say if the problems you are seeing are Software or hardware related... But Its good to know that there is a chance to be a software related problem, since your phone just came back to normal with no repair. If it was hardware fault, I dont think this could happen :)

Nelly

Aug 6, 2017
Yes, completely mind boggling..

I hadn't altered the software in any way over the past few days and as of this morning it suddenly started working again.

If I'd opened the phone and fiddled around inside, or reflashed a rom for example then at least I'd say it could have been because of that. But to suddenly start working again is unexplainable. I'm not complaining though!

It's just that without knowing the exact cause of the issue in the first place, I can't be confident that it won't return.

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
Yes, completely mind boggling..

I hadn't altered the software in any way over the past few days and as of this morning it suddenly started working again.

If I'd opened the phone and fiddled around inside, or reflashed a rom for example then at least I'd say it could have been because of that. But to suddenly start working again is unexplainable. I'm not complaining though!

It's just that without knowing the exact cause of the issue in the first place, I can't be confident that it won't return.
The thing that comes in mind when I stop to think about it, maybe something related to the audio output source, or volume, config file on system, that for some weird reason, maybe messed up. But some people stated that even after flashing a stock rom or custom rom the problem persists... I cant garantee that people are flashing the roms in the correct way, and I dont have this problem with mine phone, So I guess that its with a very few number of phones that this thing accours... So, maybe its a malfunction of the earpiece?
The first thing to do if the problems come back is to change the earpiece and see whats happen

Nelly

Aug 6, 2017
A few days in and the in call speaker is still working completely fine.

When I first got the problem, I did a full reflash of stock zui using qfil correctly. Still had the problem. That made me rule out any kind of software issue.

The only thing I can recall doing out of the ordinary just before it started working correctly again was pairing my phone to a new Bluetooth speaker and playing some music. I appreciate that is probably 100% nothing to do with it but it's the only thing I can think of besides a hardware fault magically correcting itself.

Marvin, I feel stupid for asking cos it's really unlikely to do anything, but could you give this a try first before replacing the speaker part?

Sentosa

Aug 31, 2017
A few days in and the in call speaker is still working completely fine.

When I first got the problem, I did a full reflash of stock zui using qfil correctly. Still had the problem. That made me rule out any kind of software issue.

The only thing I can recall doing out of the ordinary just before it started working correctly again was pairing my phone to a new Bluetooth speaker and playing some music. I appreciate that is probably 100% nothing to do with it but it's the only thing I can think of besides a hardware fault magically correcting itself.

Marvin, I feel stupid for asking cos it's really unlikely to do anything, but could you give this a try first before replacing the speaker part?
HI, I have situations with your zuk z2. Try your solutions by playing music to Bluetooth speaker. No result.

Hope someone can share the solution for low in call volume.

Thanks.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Try to root your phone, install magisk 13.1
download and set the module: android mic fix. Reboot your phone

batros

Nov 26, 2017
Hi, I had the same issue and after trying all software tweaks with no sucess, what I have done is use a toothbrush to clean the tiny holes from the earpiece protector. I pushed some brush bristles gently through the holes and... it worked!!!

Hope it helps.