MIUI 10 for ZUK Z2 Pro (Nougat & Oreo versions)

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
With next zuk apk fast charge doesnt works for me.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk
I had done several tests again , it seems like after restart phone is fast charging but after 1st charge on next days charging is always slow. Even with the app , it looks like charging speeds do not reach QC 3.0 levels. In the beginning I was not so much annoyed with this problem but now it is a bit annoying because previously even without fast charging the difference was around half hour but now it is nearly an hour which is quite slow.

Previously developer Art_Chen was informed about this problem in Nougat MIUI 10 ROM but it seems he couldn`t solve it yet or maybe did not pay so much attention because he was mostly focused on Oreo ROM.

@ThiagoUNN is there any possibility that you can find why MIUI 10 Nougat ROM does not support QC 3 ? Is it related to Kernel ?

And by the way , can someone comment about Oreo ROM if it supports QC 3 or not ?

Dec 30, 2016
In oreo quick charge its work,but i have problem with notification on my smartwach so back to miui 9 for now.

Wysłane z mojego ZUK Z2121 przy użyciu Tapatalka

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
In oreo quick charge its work,but i have problem with notification on my smartwach so back to miui 9 for now.

Wysłane z mojego ZUK Z2121 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I actually tried to flash the Kernel of MIUI 9 to MIUI 10 before (since both of them are Nougat) to make QC 3 work but it didn`t work. I have tried nameless Kernel as well but I guess it is Oreo only , it put the phone into bootloop. So I am not sure how to solve this QC 3 problem in MIUI 10 , looks like I will also go back to MIUI 9 again. Gcam is not supported natively in MIUI 9 but at least there is a solution for that

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Is it multilang or just Cn/En ?
Gapps preinstaled ?
I didn't check it yet but since it is coming from a Chinese developer and knowing from his previous ROMs that this ROM must be only Can/En without gapps

ZukZ2Fan

Jan 22, 2017
I didn't check it yet but since it is coming from a Chinese developer and knowing from his previous ROMs that this ROM must be only Can/En without gapps

Like you say i test it.
Overall nice rom but one of most Importand feature is missing for me - ph2w.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
please write your findings with the new Oreo ROM , I didn`t test it yet and I am still sceptical about it.

1- Does it still have heating issue during first setup ? I had it till the last version
2- How is batter life for initial impression ? I am currently on MIUI 10 Nougat Global version and it lasts easily 6 hours SoT , even 7-7.5 hours with light to moderate usage

Nov 17, 2016
Reading this thread, it seems that miui9 is the most stable ROM so far,
What is the latest miui9 nougat ROM for z2 pro?

Nov 17, 2016
please write your findings with the new Oreo ROM , I didn`t test it yet and I am still sceptical about it.

1- Does it still have heating issue during first setup ? I had it till the last version
2- How is batter life for initial impression ? I am currently on MIUI 10 Nougat Global version and it lasts easily 6 hours SoT , even 7-7.5 hours with light to moderate usage
What about quick charge and gcam mod on miui10 nougat?

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Reading this thread, it seems that miui9 is the most stable ROM so far,
What is the latest miui9 nougat ROM for z2 pro?
It is in the first post, MIUI 9 development stopped after MIUI 10 releases

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
What about quick charge and gcam mod on miui10 nougat?
QC doesn't work on Nougat, Gcam works but not the latest one with Night sight function. If you want both QC and latest Gcam you should install Oreo ROM. Battery life on Nougat ROM is amazing, on Oreo ROM it is average. But I didn't check the latest Oreo ROM, according to developer battery life improved

May 15, 2017

Hallo @bigorbi,

phone was quite warm during installation. Battery Life is miserable. 2 hours sot over 16 hours of usage and 90% we're gone.
With Nougat I usually last a day like that with charging from 20 to 60-70%.

Apart from that it worked quite nice, phone was quite cool while quick charging and no problems. But the device was awake like all the time.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Hallo @bigorbi,

phone was quite warm during installation. Battery Life is miserable. 2 hours sot over 16 hours of usage and 90% we're gone.
With Nougat I usually last a day like that with charging from 20 to 60-70%.

Apart from that it worked quite nice, phone was quite cool while quick charging and no problems. But the device was awake like all the time.
so it seems battery optimization is still not good in Oreo , pity. One thing I noticed in previous Oreo ROMs compared to Nougat is that everything works very well , for example auto brightness without any delays , quick adjustments. Plus using newest Gcam is very cool in Oreo ROM , I liked that a lot. Also as you said QC works perfectly , those are very good points but that poor battery life makes me go back to Nougat again. Thanks for the info friend , it seems I will still stay in Nougat for some time.

Nov 17, 2016
It is in the first post, MIUI 9 development stopped after MIUI 10 releases

I am using the ROM you mentioned for two days now, everything is OK except that battery is dropped 15-18% overnight everynight.
Do have this issue too or can you help me resolve it?

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I am using the ROM you mentioned for two days now, everything is OK except that battery is dropped 15-18% overnight everynight.
Do have this issue too or can you help me resolve it?
it shouldn`t happen , did you do a clean install ? MIUI 9 battery life was quite good , maximum 3% drop overnight I got while I was using it