MİUİ 9 7.12.28

akiss

Jul 23, 2017
yes china / english but i tested a way for make multilanguage
download mi5 global developer rom and unpack system.new.dat file . later take from there what u need and paste with root explorer . install morelocal and choose ur language ...
Thank you for your quick response ! And for your solution.You roxx !!

Rogerious

Dec 4, 2017
So, from Miui8 - need to wipe cache, Dalvik and system. Upgrade to Android 7 and flash this Miui9?
Am I right?
Or need to flash an official ROM first?

GuyBrush

May 21, 2017
I did a dirty install coming from RR 5.8.3 and now I am testing it. I installed google apps via the MI app store looking for google, the install all the needed one. Tried to change laguage with morelocale to german but it isn't working well. I tried to delete these china apps
/ system / app / pzaker
/ system / app / wqihoo
/ system / app / ketmar
/ system / app / rower
/ system / priv-app / hatawm
with the ex file explorer with root acces but the app crashes. I also tried to delete them with Titanium Back up but the app cannot find the apk files.
more on top you guys write that it is able to replace some stuff in the system.new.dat file? How you open that file? It is possible to delete the not needed apps before installing the rom already?
I'll let you know if there's any advance

THX Guybrush

GuyBrush

May 21, 2017
I have battery issues yes, but I don't know yet where they come from. I added a picture so you can see the battery today. At the morning I was using maps for two hours to drive and later the phone was a lot outside but it has very high battery consumption today.
I can say it's getting very hot, up to 47°C the phone says...

I will have an eye on it

Attachments

Sep 28, 2017
I have battery issues yes, but I don't know yet where they come from. I added a picture so you can see the battery today. At the morning I was using maps for two hours to drive and later the phone was a lot outside but it has very high battery consumption today.
I can say it's getting very hot, up to 47°C the phone says...

I will have an eye on it
i totally agree with you about battery issue. and couldn't found why this happen.i will try to flash zui 2.5 using qfil and reflash miui to test if it will fix the battery abnormal drain.

mar.ur

Nov 9, 2017
i totally agree with you about battery issue. and couldn't found why this happen.i will try to flash zui 2.5 using qfil and reflash miui to test if it will fix the battery abnormal drain.
It would be enough to flash by TWRP firmware.zip . You don't have to flash all rom by Qfil .

GuyBrush

May 21, 2017
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to reprt some Stuff. I managed to delete some chinese Apps, but not all. I used a root explorer to delete and search the above mentioned apps. Later on I did the same in TWRP and after that I made a factory reset. Unluckily I deleted the keboard aswell, so i had to use an external one via USb-OTG. 360 as a broswer and homechata I couldn't delete completely. 360 only opens once and close with and error message displayed in chinese. the other one need a log in which i doesen't have, so i only switched off the notification and allowance of data. Unluckily I cannot switch the default browser. EDIT: with the google Now launcher app not being default launcher it is able to bypass it. The System is asking you to change it in a settings menu. In the menu that appears it is able to set chrome as default browser. EDIT
For the battery issue, 30% in 3 hours is really bad, I try now to use another kernel. The one it has been mentioned in the Forum above from void23.
The Phone starts and I will continue observe it. Oh by the way, it looks like if you're coming from a plain system, that the home button is working not correctly. I cannot configure it neither it is working well. Only back and app overview is possible.

So far it's not the daily driver I'd like to have.
THX
Guybrush

Last edited:

GuyBrush

May 21, 2017
Hey Guys, I just triedd the above mentioned Kernel and the battery live is awesome. But varios apps are crashing from google apps to whatsapp to instagram, so unluckily its not worth it... I'll now change to AEX to see how it works. Wish me Luck and a happy new year

THX Guybrush

GuyBrush

May 21, 2017
Open the mi app storezand search for google. The first app is an installer for the basic Google apps including playstore. For the u touch you have to modify keylout but I don't know how, credits to KaptanHarlock XDA for this.

I am now on AEX because the apps I use weren't working well together with the new Kernel I tried.

Greetz Guybrush

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I was seriously considering to install MIUI 9 into my Zuk Z2 Pro since I had Xiaomi phones previously and I love this ROM , really one of the best integrations of Android. After I see that camera is fixed I was hopeful but as I understand still there are many bugs , such a pity. I wish there would be more support on this ROM from developers.

Seems like best option for now is to stay on RR ROM and after getting a stable build for Android Oreo , I will move back to stock ROM.

Jun 5, 2017
I was seriously considering to install MIUI 9 into my Zuk Z2 Pro since I had Xiaomi phones previously and I love this ROM , really one of the best integrations of Android. After I see that camera is fixed I was hopeful but as I understand still there are many bugs , such a pity. I wish there would be more support on this ROM from developers.

Seems like best option for now is to stay on RR ROM and after getting a stable build for Android Oreo , I will move back to stock ROM.
RR gave me problems after about a month. had to keep rebooting it

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
RR gave me problems after about a month. had to keep rebooting it
version 5.8.3 works flawlessly for me. there are some small bugs but they do not affect daily usage. I tried AEX and stock rom previously but compared to them RR seems to be much stable and battery life is the best one for me.