Mokee 7.1 (not port)

ZukkerZuk

Oct 31, 2017
Go back to ZUI 1.9 first with qfil.
Then update to latest ZUI.
Then: bla bla etc.
I'm sorry but you're confused with the Zuk Z2.
This procedure can not work with Zuk Edge. Currently no one has discovered how to put the bootloader to 'locked' can only be set to 'relocked'.
The phone came from China 'unlocked' and with a scandalous ROM, for now Mokee is the only decent solution.
I will try the total formatting with QFIL with the older ROM available: Android 6 - Zui 2.3.079 ENG / CN

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Yes, realized it too late. However in my last post I already stated to use earliest rom for edge available for qpst.

It is a pitty that for edge there is no real factory reset possible.

Good luck mate, hope you enjoy a good running phone soon :)

Groo

Jun 6, 2017
Germany, Bavaria
Get on ZUI 2.3.079 with QPTS and then flash Mokee!
You got an unlocked phone??? Where you bought this shit???
Get a clean phone with QPTS! Who knows what kind of bullsh*t they put on your phone...

ZukkerZuk

Oct 31, 2017
Sensor problem solved.
Many Chinese sellers (Aliexpress, Tinydeal) deliver the Zuk Edge with unlocked bootloader.
Bad decision that does not respect the user: the phone can not receive updates, we do not know which account Lenovo as received the files for the first unlock bootloader and the warranty is lost.
The installed ROM is a Zui android 6 'global' really badly created, with Chinese spyware.

My first concern was to remove it, I could not do anything about the lost warranty.
I immediately installed the official TWRP 3.1.1-0-z2x.
From recovery I did all wipes (all).
Right after I installed: MK71.2-z2x-201708121934-UNOFFICIAL.zip and open_gapps-arm64-7.1-micro-20171027.zip
The result was a working phone without sensors detected.

I resolved this way:

1)Return the phone to factory status with QFIL and the official Nougat ROM: Z2151_CN_OPEN_USER_Q01080.2_N_ZUI_2.5.500_ST_170628_qpst

2) Sensor Testing: all working

3) From recovery all wipes (all).

4) From recovery installation of MK71.2-z2x-201708121934-UNOFFICIAL.zip and open_gapps-arm64-7.1-micro-20171027.zip

5) Sensor Testing: all working

Done.
(Evidently the Chinese seller had ruined something by installing their 'rom disaster'.)

Sep 14, 2017
My question is, why is not possible to create this ROM with QPST installation possibility?
It would very useful, everybody could install and try it without warranty lost.

Sep 14, 2017
Because of locked bootloader. When its locked you cant use custom roms, correct me if im wrong :)
Sorry for questions but still not understand.
The code is open, so normally it could be made ROMs wich could be installed with QPST.
No?
Or how Lenovo is able to make ROMs with QPST, and 3rd party developers cannot, what is the relation to the bootloader?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Bootloader will not accept other roms than official ones.
Why should a dev start using proprietary software if there is twrp available.

mixa

Jan 11, 2017
Swiss
Sorry for questions but still not understand.
The code is open, so normally it could be made ROMs wich could be installed with QPST.
No?
Or how Lenovo is able to make ROMs with QPST, and 3rd party developers cannot, what is the relation to the bootloader?
oh boy.....
The bootloader allows only signed images to be flashed and since only Lenovo devs know/have that, be my guest and guess why.....

iraagas

Nov 16, 2017
need help. how do i get good battery life from this rom? i only get 2hrs sot and my phone always gets hot when browsing. thanks!

Scorgan

Apr 22, 2017
Great ROM version!
Quite stable, running smoothly and got rid of several bugs of the official ZUI 2.5.
Only strange thing is the clock app, which doesn't work. Anyway, there's a bunch of other alarm apps available.

Even power consumption is okay now. Initially, I had quite a lot battery drain over night. I figured out that is was the display option "Tap to wake" which caused the battery drain in my case.