Need to flash my Z2 Pro again : How long does it take to do a full reinstall ?!

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I have encountered some weird software bug on my phone and the battery drain went sky high suddenly :
- Usually I lose about 3% of battery every night with Data and WiFi turned off just like pretty much everything else.
- Now I lose all of my battery pretty much : Sometimes the phone is totally empty but sometimes maybe a couple of % of the battery are left over... :(

Since I still had about 7 hours of SoT about 4 days ago I am suspecting it's not a battery issue but just some software/app draining the phone.
So far there was one app called MediaServer draining the phone but after somehow fixing that I have no idea what to do next but simply reflash the phone! :)

Since I wanted to do that for some time now anyway I would like to know the following :

- If I flash ZUI 1.9 and use the OTA Updates to get all the way to ZUI 4.x how long will it take to complete this ?!
- Is there any newer better method that I am not aware of ?
Once I have read about flashing ZUI 1.9 and then using the ZIP method to get to ZUI 3.2 or 3.5 immediately I think and then OTA Update from there to ZUI 4.x ??

Fun fact : The Z2 Pro is 2 years old now and I was running ZUI 2.3/Android 6.0.1 all this time! :D

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
@Foxlife My connection is fast enough to reach about 20 MB/s so that's not the issue I guess.

I am more interested in things like :
- Do I have to wait each time for Android to finish it's optimalisation stuff ?
- Or can I just flash/update immediately after each update ?!

And like I mentioned before : Are there any new shortcuts available which are safe to use ?

Jun 30, 2017
In theory you could download latest version (links in dedicated thread) and flash it via stock recovery (root SD location or OTD folder), but it never worked for me. Apps optimization is quite quick just do not install any 3rd party apps until you will reach last rom version.

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
To answer my own question : About 90 minutes!
Flashing included! :)

- Flashed ZUI 1.9.x with QFIL.
- OTA all the way to the latest version!

Now I am running ZUI 4.0.247 ST and my battery is even better than it was before! :D

Before :
- After one night on 4G/4G+ with WiFi and Data disabled : 10% loss.
- After one night on 3G with WiFi and Data disabled : 3% loss.

Now :
- After one night on 4G/4G+ with WiFi and Data disabled : 0% loss :cool: YEAH!!! :p
EDIT : @ Day #2 seems to be more like 3% loss but I am still happy with that!

Not bad for a 2 year old battery! ;)

Last edited: