No way to set google as system app. Help!

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I tried using systemizer module for magisk and it doesnt keep google as system app after reboot.

Using luckypatcher or any other app that do it automatically, just make google disappear after reboot.
Doing it manually too...

How could I make it as system app?
Same for play store.

I can set other apps just fine

Stock rom 3.1.194 (I couldnt do it since 2.5)

Last edited:

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
if you got root and twrp simply flash gapps through twrp.

If you dont have root you dont get it as system app

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Maybe not but you could give us a clue ;)
Ah doesnt worth it ;)
I only managed to take photos, when I try to record a video the app closes.

basically I installed gapps by twrp to make them system apps, the same with the camera and google launcher.
I opened the camera and it did not work, so I tried to uninstall the camera but uninstalled just the update, or something like that... I dont remember. So I tried to open the camera again and it didnt crash that time

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Hmmm, I´m starting to hate the phone. I´m stuck with the same problem. Installing 3.1.194st via qfil. I want to do a new clean install. the phone is unlocked and rooted with Magisk and I can install all Google Apps from the Play store. Everything works, I can login. Google search, calendar, contacts, store... everything works.
But as we all know, Google search needs to be a system app to make the Assistant and ok, google work. But it won´t work. No app can move it, I can´t do it manually and if I use the gapps way, it is a system app after, but crashes always. WTF! I´m out of ideas now... hate it. Anyone?

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Read the first 5 post
How about instead of wasting time writing useless posts start to actually read what I wrote? I will repeat myself: "...and if I use the gapps way, it is a system app after, but crashes always..."

So I´m perfectly capable to read and understand, I tried the way from this thread, it crashes the app. Please stopp assuming everyone here is stupid. It´s a hard fall from a high horse.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Well try a clean install again. Flash with qfil.
Flash only Nano gapps ARM64 Andoid 7.0 from opengapps.org then.

I read your post and it seems you tried to install gapps before with different ways but then flashed afterwards by twrp.

Anyway ZUI is always not very friendly with gapps. If you need full support for all google apps you may really use a CustomRom.

Merry Christmas!

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Hmmm, I flashed that stupid ROM with qfil at least 20 times now and tried various ways, none worked. But again:

1. Flashed stock with qfil
2. Booted once, installed TWRP (various versions by the way)
3. Rebooted to recovery, installed gapps, of course the correct ones
4. Google App crashes

Same problem in the new Oreo dev rom by the way. as soon as you install Gapps, everything crashes

My other experiments besides various TWRP versions:
- Install root first(Magisk)
- Get Play store from Lenovo App Store and set it up first, then install Gapps
- Use Gapps with a modified config so that Google search is installed only
- Check and fix permissions

In short, NOTHING worked. I never had problems before configuring that phone, everything worked in stock (except the notifications). But a clean install with 3.1.194 is almost impossible obviously. Hate it! Merry Christmas :(

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Hmmm. Ok then try first to flash ZUI 1.9 with qfil to reset your phone. Then update by OTA to 3.1. Then unlock etc.
Should work like for everybody else.

I'm using AEX 5.0 Oreo based, works good with all gapps, no problems. So if you are desperate in using stock rom with gapps: switch to CustomRom :)

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Hehe, I just flashed 1.9, unlocked the bootloader, booted once, then flashed 3.1.194st with qfil, same problem, installing gapps make the google app crash. Interesting... my guess is, that gapps are just not working with a clean flash. Maybe there´s just enough stuff left in the system with upgrading step by step, that even flashing the gapps at some point won´t do much harm. I don´t have any other logical explanation otherwise.